Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Iceland Demo

And another demo for you folks! This time Iceland! Credits goto Jakerod. We are still looking for help with our mod, please contact me or Jakerod if you are interested.

Pictures:

Iceland1.jpg

---

Iceland2.jpg

---

Iceland6.jpg

---

Iceland8.jpg

---

Iceland3.jpg

---

Iceland5.jpg

Download:

Download1

I guess I'll have to check it out. Putting the addons and all in the res/addons directory right now.

EDIT: I think there's a problem with the textures. When I enable the textures in the editor, OFP crashes...?

Iceland man thats a new island to try  smile_o.gif

i hope you put lots of rocky textures in also , would be cool to see some of the "glaciers" and lava shaped landscapes in a future update  unclesam.gif

edit: i found out there are no airports  so i hope there can be 1 or two of those in the enxt version so i can reenact the battle of iceland from the red storm rising book  ghostface.gif

when i turn textures on  in the mission editor it doesn't crash

but i saw what you meant with the transision between the different textures Jakerod  wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work BDM! unclesam.gif

Oh about the textures guys. There are a few up towards the center that are all white. There was supposed to be a snowy texture there (s2.paa) but I guess the transition textures with the rock didn't turn out to well so I think that might be why its crashing it. Sorry about that.

edit: i found out there are no airports so i hope there can be 1 or two of those in the enxt version so i can reenact the battle of iceland from the red storm rising book

Red Storm Rising is exactly what we were thinking about too. When this is finished you can expect an airport and all the other stuff mentioned in the book. BDM's ultimate goal is a RSR type campaign.

EDIT: For those who remember RSR, here is the Tanker the Soviets used. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Iceland4.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why is it called Iceland?  Anyone will tell you it's rather unique looking in every respect and shares nothing with the standard OFP textures and buildings. I think the only thing similar is the Skoda and Zetor tractor smile_o.gif

Not complaining or anything, but I'd just like to see it look like Iceland if it's supposed to be here.  Most houses are reinforced concrete with colorful corrugated iron roofs, some houses are timber but with corrugated iron siding.  None are true brick houses and tiles would blow away in the wind:)

If you want textures, I can easily go snap pics of the typical house and ground (moss, lava, whatever) and the shrubbery is also rather unique as it's a mix of wind- and cold tortured little "trees" smile_o.gif And evergreens.

Where land meets water is either high bird-shit cliffs, basalt rock or black sand.

Lava/Moss landscape from air

Shack

In other words, to make it look like here, you're going to have to make new ground textures, and make new house models and textures and pretty much everything, new trees, and all that.  Was planning on doing just that one of these days, when the Pitts S2e is done.

Konyak

edit: i found out there are no airports  so i hope there can be 1 or two of those in the enxt version so i can reenact the battle of iceland from the red storm rising book

Red Storm Rising is exactly what we were thinking about too. When this is finished you can expect an airport and all the other stuff mentioned in the book. BDM's ultimate goal is a RSR type campaign.

EDIT: For those who remember RSR, here is the Tanker the Soviets used. wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: For those who remember RSR, here is the Tanker the Soviets used. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

The Soviets didn`t used a Tanker. It was a Sea Bee. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

I hope OFP2 will make it possible to build a campaign, based on the book Red Storm Rising. The battles are to big and complex to build them in OFP Resistance. And the very important naval part of the story can`t be made in OFP Res. We can make this big battles with OFP Res, yes I know, but we would need Big Blue to run them. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Sea Bees also known as Lash or L.A.S.H. (in German: Leichter- Mutterschiff), that mean: Mothership for light frighters.

Quote[/b] ]Just out of curiosity, why is it called Iceland? Anyone will tell you it's rather unique looking in every respect and shares nothing with the standard OFP textures and buildings. I think the only thing similar is the Skoda and Zetor tractor

Not complaining or anything, but I'd just like to see it look like Iceland if it's supposed to be here. Most houses are reinforced concrete with colorful corrugated iron roofs, some houses are timber but with corrugated iron siding. None are true brick houses and tiles would blow away in the wind:)

If you want textures, I can easily go snap pics of the typical house and ground (moss, lava, whatever) and the shrubbery is also rather unique as it's a mix of wind- and cold tortured little "trees" And evergreens.

Where land meets water is either high bird-shit cliffs, basalt rock or black sand.

Lava/Moss landscape from air

Shack

In other words, to make it look like here, you're going to have to make new ground textures, and make new house models and textures and pretty much everything, new trees, and all that. Was planning on doing just that one of these days, when the Pitts S2e is done.

It was supposed to represent Iceland and I was going to add custom things to it when I got them but I never did so I quit working on it about 3-5 months ago. Then when my Fulda Gap island got released people started to talk about Iceland so I just released it.

I want to make a realistic Iceland one but all the guys on BDM are presently working on our Ai.b...... our uh... Secret Project. If anyone wants to help me make a realistic iceland and would be willing to do some new textures or objects feel free to PM me or email me or something. smile_o.gif

*sigh* looks like the Lundy isle i was working on

wish I had compleated it sad_o.gif

The map looks good smile_o.gif

If its made in Visitor its easy to fix it, just launch it and redo all textures in texture manager to fix transitions.

I don't have the skills for that. How big a job is it and would I be able to do it after a quick look and some guidance?