Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Religion

I prefer the Pagan religions that our great forefathers followed. There is nothing more noble than that, and I feel strongly about it. I suppose I should say more but there is not much really to say.

Odin.jpg

thor.jpg

At least they're cool! biggrin_o.gif

I prefer the Pagan religions that our great forefathers followed. There is nothing more noble than that, and I feel strongly about it. I suppose I should say more but there is not much really to say.

smile_o.gif Where are you from?

Poland, from Podlaskie region bordering Belarus smile_o.gif Hah, ofcourse many can't imagine a Polish Pagan, but thankfully there are still a few strong groups around. I really wish I could write more on the topic but I am already late crazy_o.gif Pozdraw

Quote[/b] ]050119-Bathory.jpg

Aah yes, I could have guessed. wink_o.gif Bathory rocks.

np: Shores In Flames

Isn't it a bit silly to think of our universe as everything there is? The biggest thing out there? Maybe we are just an atom of an incredibly huuuuuuuge molecule... Maybe we are what other life forms study under their microscopes, maybe they try to discover what our universe is made of just like we do with atoms.

There must be more to the universe than just a huge space with some trash flying all over the place...

Just think about it, just look up at the sky and imagine that you're looking into infinity... Well no... don't imagine it... Just realize it...

I love that feeling smile_o.gif i really do

But is it really infinity? I don't believe so... We humans are way too stupid too understand what our universe is all about. And we are used to our planet, our nature, our gravity, our theories, etc. We just don't understand stuff like infinity. It's impossible for us humans, i guess... Where we live, everything ends, even our planet will one day get destroyed just like that. So i guess infinity is a possibility... But i don't really believe it... If you ask me, what we call the universe is part of something else. Something bigger, something we don't know, something we've never heard of yet.

If you ask me there's more to the universe... It's part of something bigger or there are dimensions that we cannot see. I think according to string theory there can be 11 dimensions (yes 11). I saw this very interesting documentary once in which they explained that if the string theory is true, there are about 8 more dimensions out there than our 3 dimensions. Who knows what we are missing... tounge_o.gif Whole worlds might be right next to us...

Oh well i dunno... I just think this "god" thing (aka religion) is a bit primitive. I don't see any proof at all that there is a god. Some people say that they can 'feeeeel' god inside them... Well that's just pure chemistry baby, just some nerves sending happy happy joy joy signals to your brains. No love from god if you ask me.

Maybe the big bang created us... but then what was before the big bang? We don't really know very well...

Maybe god created us, but what was before god? oh right, he created everything. So one day he just came out of nowhere and started making the universe... riiiiiiiight...

Then some ppl say that god has always been here... That's like a billion times less credible than the big bang theory as far as i'm concerned...

And why the hell does god create such a huge universe if we seem to be all he cares about? smile_o.gif

baaaaaah so many questions and there's only one damn answer. None of us will live long enough to know the truth smile_o.gif

hmmmm

maybe no man will ever live long enough to discover the truth.

I don't really care that much. I like talking about the universe and religions and stuff like that with friends but in the end, does it matter?

Hell as far as i'm concerned you can believe that the world was created by a pink hedgehog with mental issues. As long as you are happy and you don't bother me, i don't care.

Just believe what you want, as long as you don't start blowing eachother up for what you believe in, it's ok.

And even if one day we would discover what our universe is all about. Imagine that we discover that we are just a molecule of much greater things. That our universe is of no importance in the whole structure. Would we want to know all that? Who would have the balls to start such a theory? I think a lot of people would be really offended by this truth (assuming that we discover something similiar to what i said).

Now we seem to think that we are the most advanced creatures in the universe, we seem to think that we rock da univeeeeerse... more or less...

Would it be published if someone'd discover a very shocking truth? Would you want it to be published? I dunno... but it'd be a pretty damn hard kick in the balls for mankind.

I love that feeling too. The one you get when thinking deeply about what happens when you die (imagining that everything's gone, you don't exist at all, there's nothing, not even darkness), and when thinking what's outside the universe, what was before the universe? What would be there, if the universe wasn't? What emptiness does the universe fill? What's nothing?

Aah yes, I could have guessed. wink_o.gif Bathory rocks.

np: Shores In Flames

wink_o.gif He rocked... Died last summer, before I got to know his music. sad_o.gif

"np?"

I don't think that something can exist without any purposes, it's make no sense, only a lack of logic.

But i do believe that people can't handle the truth. This is why we enjoy political speechs, newspapers and TV news and like to stick to events (funny or boring), this is what i call being primitives. Adding to that, the thinking is already done, so we just have to let are self assimilated in order to feel like being part of the gang.

I like the idea that refer to atoms and stuffs, is credible. It's like differents forms of energy that create other differents forms of energy in an infinite loop.

For the emptiness, there is no emptiness since there is energy in everything and everywhere.

I do think that the universe is like the russian thing like a doll contained in another doll and so on. But for the universe it may be a 3d cube containing many other 3d cubes wich are to be contained in many others 3d cubes.

But my limited mind is not to know this thruth.  sad_o.gif

Still i can be amazed by everything that is surrounding me even by those that have mental issues and those that cant behave and by all humans.

Else i would come to the thinking that you are carrying many diseases into your spinal cord, you gonna eventualy die from it, why should i waste my time taking care of you. This doesnt sound human to me and it's a lack of logic.

But every humans are free to believe whatever they want until it come to nonsense and go against humanity, this is what we call insanity.

When mankind choose to take the power away from God they opened the door to knowledge. We have since that day relied on sciences technology rather then the faith in God. We choose the way to heaven by wealth and money, love?. Not by the 10 commandments. One last battle has to be fought. Europe and America want the Arabic oil, is God prepared to give it up without a fight? Can mankind defeat its maker? Buy the tickets now!

After some reading it seems most of unreligious people seems to skip the Religion classes smile_o.gif This subject can create another 100 pages of worthless post. To benefit each and one of us I suggest we drop “prove this, prove that†talking.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/

Yes and look at the universe...every star is a sun,could be several planets around many stars,could be worlds way larger and evolved than ours.

Nevertheless i was brought catholic,as stated from others before and I agree that people should have a choice.I am ok it was catholic instead of something worse i suppose.I was even an alter boy.Somewheres in my teenage years I realized that I had been lied to my whole life (santa claus,easter bunny,toothfairy etc...) of coursew I knew about those fake things before I was a teen.

We are basically lied to from birth.

And don't think I am a grinch or whathaveyou I celebrate holidays and Christmas and play the game,I am not one to lie to my children tho.

wink_o.gif He rocked... Died last summer, before I got to know his music. sad_o.gif

Yes, shame about Quorthon. Bathory was a pioneer of both black and viking metal. np = now playing.

Anyway, enough derailing, but Bathory's songs are about Paganism and Odinism, and are classics of metal music.

I forgot to mention:

The National Census (UK) form I filled out back in 2001 states that my religion is Jedi. biggrin_o.gif

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI....nk=1000

-----------------------------------------------------

As for the idea that the universe as we know it isn't the full expanse of all existence; it's a perfectly acceptable theory but as hard to prove as the existence of gods and such.

I suppose people just prefer the idea that humanity is the pinnacle of all that exists, save only for the gods. Particularly those faiths that believe that we were created in God's image.

This also begs the question as to why all representations of Jesus and God in the Christian church are of white people when the setting for the Bible is the Middle East. Logically this would make Jesus and other religious figures Arab, rather than Caucasian, and if they are in God's image, wouldn't this mean god was of Arab appearence? However the church has promoted the idea of God as white.

Personally I can only see this coming about through the church constructing a dominant ideology that suits white people such as themselves. It would probably have been dificult to promote the idea that Europeans were God's people when they were obviously different in terms of race, but there has obviously been a conscious manipulation of the religion to help it become powerful, and it's impossible to say how much the teachings of Christ have been tweaked and edited to create the Christian faith as it stands today.

This is why I feel it's a bad idea to follow religion in the idea that it's God's word, pure and un-tanrnished, hence unquestionably right, through-and-through; rather than look at it for guidance, question whether its guidence really is the right thing to do at whatever stage of life you're in given your own feelings, then act as you yourself judge to be right given a suggested, not mandatory course of action.

The representation of Christ and God as white obviously happened centuries ago, I'm not accusing the church of being racist or anything but I feel that the ideology that it has created has perhaps gone on to be a factor in establishing ideas of white superiority from people who take it's every notion to be the unquestionable word of God, despite what looks to be manipulation of what is historically accurate.

I think they did that because white Europeans more easily connect with a white Jesus. Felt/feels less foreign I guess.

Well got trough to this topic unfortunatly a bit late but I would like to add my thoughts nevertheless.

Firstly to answer the topics question,I myself am an agnostic as it's definition goes I can not completly discount as a possibility something that has not been prooven to be false.

One of my curiosities lies in the concept of Heaven,the place we should all aspire after our spirit will be unshackled from the earthly realm.We all know that to earn your place you will have to avoid sinning and be a good religious person that

follows either the comandments or other rules of life written in various "holy books".So here are my predicaments.

If we have to follow the same rules why are we borned unequell in completly different enviroments and face completly different chalanges in life.You could be borned in a third world country in Africa,be abused by your father and abandoned having not learned even your native language,end up in a gang of criminals and just do as they do:steal,rape and kill.Finally after a life of misery you comit suicide  and earn your one way ticket to hell.

On the other hand you could grow in a western country and enjoy the education it has to offer.As a child you are protected by various organisations,you get food on the table,books to read and raised by the Bibble by your religious parents,praying every night,going to church every Sunday for the rest of you life and arguebly having  never facing any though challanges winning with a + your place in Paradise.

We could use the same examples to ask ourselves if some of the most apaulling criminals mankind has witnessed borned in different circumstances would they have ended being the same.I highly doubt that had Hitler been borned in the 21 century in a caring Jewish familly in Israel we would have ended up being responsable for the deaths of millions of Jews and cursed half a centrury later.

Bottom line is we are the product of the society we live in,it dictates our actions,thoughs and feelings.Without society in a man free envirorment unaltered by our actions,we would be dehumanised beyond recognition having left little in common with the persons we are today.

As for an omnipotent,omniscient,omnipresent God as religions forward either my level of comprehension is of such limitation that I can not grasp the concept and end up frustrtated by numerous paradoxes or there is trully no such all powerful entity.

Even with no such God there is still the question of a self conscious but not all powerful entity that may have triggered life on Earth,leaving it to flurish but not interfering.Maybe such is the nature of a true God,after all what is the point as an omniscient being of creating something you precisely know it's course from it's birth and to it's end.

Quote[/b] ]Or even better. You stand at a cross-road and wonder if you should go left or right. So you fall down on your knees and pray to God for guidance. God in his omnipotent capacity comes down from the heavens and says "Sanctuary, I have looked into the future, and you will take the right road". And he really means it and is fully honest (as any omnipotent figure can choose to be). After hearing that, can you decide to take the left road instead?

If you can't, then obviously there's something wrong with your free will. If you can, then there's obviously something wrong with God's ability to see the future. Which is it?

Denoir isn't the paradox flawed in itself?The future portraying Sanctuary taking the right road didn't have in equation God's interference.

Wouldn't God as an omniscient being in fact see himself telling Sanctuary to take the right road and then beyond whatever road he chooses?