Celeron 1200mhz

128mb RAM and

GeForce 3 MX440??

Is it the ram?

It will run most any game on good settings

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

2.21GHz

1GB RAM smile_o.gif

You definately need to get more RAM, but it could be the processor speed too.

It's the RAM and perhaps the graphics card. The computer which runs OFP better, has 448MHz processor while the 'worse' computer has 1200MHz, so it's not the processor. wink_o.gif (Me assuming that you replied to 'The Cobra')

hmm:

i got a

Pentium 4

2 GHZ

512 DDR-Ram

Geforce4 MX 460

and the BEst i can run OFP with is:

Terrain Level: normal

1024x768x32

and 1000m sight.

(if i choose more it lags as hell)

and i feel it's kinda poor performance

What a pity. Such a nice machine and so little memory.

That "joke"

It wasn't a joke. rock.gif

I with Avon here. 256mb ram would've been a bottle neck in that computer. You won't do much with a fast processor nor a fast radeon card if you have so little ram.

Two PC's:

My laptop:

2.8GHZ Celeron Processor

256MB RAM

Terrible integrated Intel graphics

40GB HDD

My self built PC:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Overclocked to {2.2GHZ} 3200+

512MB PC3200 RAM

Radeon 9600 PRO

120GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA HDD

Chenbro Gaming Bomb case

Nforce 2: Soundstorm Audio

2 fans, 1 12cm fan, and 1 8cm fan. The max temperature I have recorded on it at full load is 42 degrees celcius. Nice and cool and quiet. Plus a nice window with an LED shining out of too biggrin_o.gif

Ofp get's 45FPS average on Tonal with plenty of addons and a hefty view distance. Plus full anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

I'm happy.

I run 2 computers with OFP. One is a 2.4 P4, the other a 1.7 P4.

I can't really tell how fast they run but both givevery playable experiences, unless i (or my friend, wh tends to do that) goes over the top on adding units to our little coop missions.

P4 3.4ghz 800fsb 1mb cache

2gb ddr2 533mhz RAM (1gb free)

ATI X800XT

5.1 surround

i like my new PC biggrin_o.gif

Oops I just upgraded a little (caused me some downtime too)

Altho I realized that my MB doesn't support Intel Prescott CPU,I have a new MB on the way.So I went from a:

PIV 2800 533bus Northwood CPU

2 x 512 pc3200 ddr (not in dual channel mode)

Powercooler Raedon 9800 se (softmod to 9800 pro)

60 & 80 gig HDD

20x Yamaha cdrw

to:

PIV 3000 800bus Prescott CPU

2 x 512 pc3200 ddr (will run dual channel on new mb coming)

XFX Geforce 6800 AGP

60 & 160 HDD

20x Yamaha cdrw

16x dvdrw

(your prolly saying why I upgrade from a 2.8 to a 3 gig?)

I didn't really need a cpu upgrade yet,I was doing the video and dvd upgrade,but my son desperately needs my old 2.8 cpu,he is running a Celeron 2.6 and its caca

I didn't want to spend alot of money and the PIV 3 gig Prescott was a good buy.(was at the time unknowingly that my present mb doesn't support Prescott cpu)

So far without the 3 gig cpu yet,my 3dmark03 scores went from about 5400 to 9500 just with the video card upgrade

Guest The Cobra

I heard that Athlon processors are better for gaming.. Is this true, and if it is, how?

They have special memory controllers, a much higher system bus allowing for better bandwidth... 2000mhz on the FX-55, and its 64-bit, so in theory it does twice the work each cycle..

.. i think..

Quote[/b] ]They have special memory controllers, a much higher system bus allowing for better bandwidth... 2000mhz on the FX-55, and its 64-bit, so in theory it does twice the work each cycle..

.. i think..

No it goes like this, Pentium 4's(Sans Dothan) have longer pipelines than Athlons/Athlon 64's. Athlons/Athlon 64's also do more Instructions Per Cycle(IPC).

Here goes the analogy I heard(retold to the best of my ability):

Say the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon/Athlon 64 are trucks carrying apples. Intel Chooses to carry less 'apples'(IPC), but move faster (See: GHz). Athlon/Athlon 64's carry more 'apples'(IPC) but move slower (GHz) and the Athlon (usually) benefits from the short pipelines.

Guest The Cobra

Do somebody from Sweden know where to find cheap computer parts? I have a list from 'webhallen' and they are quite cheap, but can I find it cheaper somewhere?

(Vet nagon fran Sverige var man kan hitta billiga datordelar? Jag har en lista fran 'webhallen' och de ar ratt billiga, men finns det annu billigare nagonstans?)

Do somebody from Sweden know where to find cheap computer parts? I have a list from 'webhallen' and they are quite cheap, but can I find it cheaper somewhere?

I find price comparison search engines are often quite useful, Kelkoo for the UK and here's a Swedish one http://se.pricerunner.com/

Guest The Cobra
I find price comparison search engines are often quite useful, Kelkoo for the UK and here's a Swedish one http://se.pricerunner.com/

Thanks... I must really learn to think and search before I post...  tounge_o.gif

E-Machine Celeron 900MHz

16MB onboard video card

384MB RAM

Onboard audio as well

At least there's someone, somewhere with a system worse than mine...right? rock.gif

Biostar M7VIT Pro KT400

AMD Athlon 2400+

Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

PC2700 512MB DDR

Creative SoundBlaster

Just need to change my GFX card so I can have a go with DXDLL wink_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Does anyone owns a ASUS Vintage S P4 Barebone case/computer? If so, I have a request (can you say so  rock.gif  tounge_o.gif );

Post some pictures, please...

The back of it (hasen't found a decent picture) and if possible, the inside... Other pictures of it is of course also welcome tounge_o.gif