Sign in to follow this  
AiRBLaDE

Russian 1985 soldier reskin/remodel?

@ Jan. 16 2005,16:25)]
Quote[/b] ]The addon uses the ORCS RF Weapons pack (ICP_weaponpack)

It uses ICP_rfwp.

Sorry - bad wording on my part. Yes - the actual addon file is ICP_rfwp.pbo. Inside it, the CfgPatches part defines "ICP_weaponpack" which is what one needs to declare as a dependency in any addon that uses the weapons pack.

The corrected config linked to above remains correct with regards to the issues stated.

Wonderful soldiers Denorc! smile_o.gif Much better original! And I shall tell to you a secret! Denorc - BEST RUSSIAN ADDON MAKER! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No i am not. I think brat[DRF] is...

What addons would that be based on exactly, the last time DRF released something, I believe it was all "borrowed" and then pulled from the news sites wasn't it? rock.gif

Denorc may just be extending his hand in reconciliation with brat. The two have been sharing addon materials and were very close acquaintances until...

Let's concentrate on this splendid addon rather than digging up old wounds please people smile_o.gif

Silver Falcon watch your filesizes please smile_o.gif

This new russian guys are really cool smile_o.gif

Can I shoot their helmet off their heads rock.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Looks like smile_o.gif

I'm lovin' it

@ Jan. 15 2005,02:03)]I just replaced BIS units ingame.. I can do unit without any loadouts of course... just forgot.

About winter units: russian winter camo are not so rich, as summer patterns. I can remember only "spot" pattern and masking suits used by specnaz. The colors of russian winter uniform now are equival to summer ones. In 1985 soldiers used winter "afganka" suits, or coats...

Russian Winter pack is also planning. As usual, we will report you when it'll be ready... Less talk, more action...

2 Shadow: Thx my friend)

Would still be awesome if u made the winter units like the VBS1 units.. they roxors.. (at least on the pix tounge_o.gif )

If I'm forced to repeat myself again it will be accompanied with post restrictions, discuss this addon and only this addon, anything else should be kept away from the forums.

hehe, Placebo is just back and already aiming his guns

tounge_o.gif

These units are absolutely awesome and they are an extreme improvement over older units. It's very strange, but I like these more than the units in modern russian camouflage.

Denorc;

any updates on possible winter-units, or are you guys bussy with other addons (a positive answer in one of the two would be good news smile_o.gif )

These units are absolutely awesome and they are an extreme improvement over older units. It's very strange, but I like these more than the units in modern russian camouflage.

Simply cause the old school cammos are much cooler smile_o.gif

I got me a KZS suit for airsoft and i prefer it over all these newer BDUs.

If I may make som suggestions for alteration and expansion to a new version of this excellent pack:

Motorized Infantry

*Soldiers

No backpack, otherwise as current model

*Officer

No change from current model. (Love the pilotka smile_o.gif )

Naval Infantry

*Soldiers:

No backpack, black helmet with NI emblem on the side

*Officer:

Black beret, otherwise as current officer model

VDV

*Soldiers

Helmet with camonet like in the RF motoriezed pack (non removable),combat jumpboots, backpack like current model.

*Officer

Blue VDV beret, combat jumpboots otherwise same as current officer model.

Spetsnaz

Additional model of Spetsnaz with the hood of the kzm suit pulled up (like HYK did with his winter suits)

*Sniper

Same model as in the RF Motorized infantry pack. (keep the SVD Rifleman also though smile_o.gif )

White snow suit models of the above would be an extreme bonus. But even without snowsuits the suggestions above would turn this into the East side HYK pack for the soviet era. smile_o.gif (which is the one that interest me in OFP)

you mean like this?

vdv6hd.jpg

vdvsvd6ya.jpg

I know i have to change the embelem on the beret.

I also added some polies to the back for the hood when its down.

vdvb1wu.jpg

Yepp along those lines Miss Cleo. smile_o.gif

Would be nice to see on the Orc ones too. smile_o.gif

Miss Cleo could you give me a link to those soldiers you shown screenshots of by any chance, I like your reskin of the afgan era troops.

those units are denorcs KZS troops, I just added the Y-straps from the Psykke afghan pack and the beret from the orcs VDV. For the sniper/spetsnaz guy i took the hood from the vilas unit reskinned it and put it on the KZS guy.

Im just playing around with these guys, Im an O2 newbie, but between the KZS pack and Psykke's afghan pack, almost everything you need to make a decently complete pack of 80's era soviets has been made already.. its just a matter of combining the parts.

Im not good at making my own textures... but id like to make some black-clad guys for naval infantry.

PS: anyone know how to fix the freakin faces on these guys? im stuck w/ those crappy default bearded ones..All my soldiers look like Dante from Clerks.

They are nice very nice. Any change of seeing a version where officer has the beret and maybe the grenadier has the pilotka(sp?) that the officer has now.

Just to make some more variety. Oh and btw that Russian Federation flag on the beret is not fitting for soviet officer. wink_o.gif

PS: anyone know how to fix the freakin faces on these guys? im stuck w/ those crappy default bearded ones..All my soldiers look like Dante from Clerks.

No idea. sad_o.gif I have the same problem, I'm learning to use o2 and every soldier I make has the same face. My guess is it's a scripting problem? sad_o.gif

Selection problem AFAIK

Perhaps, but I have the head in the 'hlava' selection, if that's what you mean. smile_o.gif I believe it must be something with config.cpp, as I don't grasp the commands and tricks yet. I'll ask ppl in o2 forum when I have more time. smile_o.gif