Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Quote[/b] ]how can they say that when they dont no when ofp 2 will be realeased for sure..

Well.. One thing is for sure. OFP2 won't be released in 2005 and there you have it.

Quote[/b] ]

oh and it doesnt matter how long this thred goes on for becuase its in ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION where theres been threds for about a yr and over..

Well.. I bet the first posts didn't say "soon this mod will be released" and a year later it says "still it'll be released soon".

But it's abit mean to call half a year "soon".
It hasn't been a half a year yet. It hasn't even been 5 months yet.

I don't understand why people are so bitter about this. Nobody is being "mean" here. Unforeseen problems arose. Do you believe that Zayfod lied when he started the thread? Because it sure sounds like that's what some of you believe--that Zayfod came on to the forum and lied about an impending release, apparently for his own enjoyment since there's no other reason to believe that.

If people don't believe that Zayfod lied, then what do they believe? That this whole thing as a hoax? (apparently at least some people believe that as evidenced by the very authoritative "ECP is never coming out" claims) That people aren't trying to get it out as quickly as possible? That the ECP team enjoys making people wait and enjoys not making good on release claims?

People seriously need to calm down...

Has it taken a long time? Yes. Was that intentional? No.

And really, this is hardly confined to ECP.

Where's Independence Lost?

According to the initial release date, isn't OFP 2 supposed to be out right now?

Wasn't the CoC UA update nearly done months ago?

How long did we wait for the BAS Blackhawks?

The point is that people are fallible and their predictions are sometimes off. I can't speak specifically for what happened to things on the list above, but I'd wager that the delays weren't caused by malice, but by unforeseen circumstances.

Quote[/b] ]Today.. 870 posts later, there is still not a sight of a realease.

Also the old "we-only-have-to-zip-it-then-it-is-ready" is getting a bit annoying.

Nobody has ever said that. All that has been said is that it's near completion and that there are no plans to add anything else to it. That doesn't mean that it's lying around completed. There's still testing to be done and loose ends to tie up.

As I said, unforeseen problems arise, especially when you're working with something so complex. There are not many people working full time on the core, either.

When Zayfod made this thread, it appeared that the release was imminent. Everything seemed to be going accordingly and everything was on track. However, things quickly popped up that prevented that schedule from coming to pass: major bugs were discovered that would have people screaming bloody murder had they made it into a release. Real life obligations prolonged the process of getting things together for some members. Additional testing needed to be done to ensure that all of the changes, alterations, and bug fixes work correctly and do not introduce new bugs.

That is all time consuming, and most of it was unforeseen.

I've had the same problems with my releases. I'd pretty much wrap everything up and set a release date when people asked, then I would discover some major bug that shoots that date to hell. Fixing that bug requires additional testing, and additional testing may reveal that the fix messed up something else. Once that's all sorted out, I'd step back and undoubtedly find other things that I had initially overlooked. The end result is that, while everything appeared to be in order when I made my estimate, digging revealed that I had more to do than I originally anticipated. My plan wasn't to lie and make people wait, so I'd work as quickly as possible to get things done.

I personally haven't contributed anything to the new core, but being able to see it and go through it for myself has given me an immense respect for what these guys have done. I don't think that people understand just how much work has been put into it. What has been done here is very ambitious.

Nice post Kurayami , hope it gets the message through to some of the people who are thinking as if the delay's been planned to tease them.

And i agree some of the work done this time is REVOLUTIONARY for OFP , in my opinion as i've already told the team 'it'll make those OFP2 programmers work a bit harder' after ECP's release wink_o.gif .

Good answer Kurayami, I think we really needed to hear that.

It figures a bit more now.

As I said, I didn't mean to offend.

We love you for doing ECP, BIS should be paying you guys

for keeping the game alive and vivid.

Just have a little bit more patience, guys...

It's unfortunate that the wait has been so long, but it'll be released the moment that it's ready. And I think that most people will find that it was worth the wait.

lol. take your time. get it right. and people will all say wow that was worth the wait.

i'm waiting for this and wgl5.

looking forward to it a lot.

cheers

Jesus may very well return before this thing is released.

Come on!

There has been SOME beta testing and issues have arised that the ECP team are now looking into, There will be more testing next week and hopfully after those couple of things are sorted ECP should be ready for release.

I do believe the testing should have started sooner but better late then never, also for peoples information testing is being done on a LARGE array of addons and missions on a dedicated server.

No MAJOR issues atm just a few querks that need sorting, and some FX activation issues.

I'm a big fan of ECP .....

Am I disappointed about the delay in the release? ... Yes

Is it worth the wait? .. I dunno

I'm perfectly happy with the current version, and without this thread I wouldn't have any "disappointment" at all ! rock.gif

This is very like showing a kid his christmas present in June and telling him he can't open it till December !!! biggrin_o.gif

In summary, thanks for the work done and also for the work we are about to recieve smile_o.gif and I can wait another 4 months if the end result is a better OFP experience, cheers guys.

It's unfortunate that the wait has been so long, but it'll be released the moment that it's ready. And I think that most people will find that it was worth the wait.

i totally agree with you Kuryami sorry if i misspeledd your name but im slightly drunk at the moment so have patience with me  tounge_o.gif

i think the ecp team will stun everyone with their enhancements so i think people should stop being so negative about them  mad_o.gif

i'll wait for the release the time it will take for it to be done, and if it won't be released well , its not a perfect world everytime  wink_o.gif  like the saying goes "shit happens..."

sorry but im really looking forward to the release but it gets me angry to see negative comments about the very great and impressive work of the ecp team!  unclesam.gif

i myself would have never have beeing able to make all the stuff the ecp team has done because im a mission maker and more graphically artistic person than a scripting genious so thats why i have big respect tooo the ecp team !  smile_o.gif

lova too you all and have a nice weekend guys!

i have to go and sleep now crazy_o.gif

Cheers Kurayami and the rest of the ECP team

Ill drink to its imminent release.

And have a few more drinks when it comes out.

One must be patient ive discovered though.

Its kind of like waiting for flashpoint 2.

A good idea is to go away and play dynamic afgan missions etc and not read this thread for a few more weeks.

Reading this thread simply depress one lol

Lock the thread make it go away hehe

Hello everyone, first post in the official forums. Been following ecp since it's first release, and obviously watching this thread with great anticipation.

And i agree some of the work done this time is REVOLUTIONARY for OFP , in my opinion as i've already told the team 'it'll make those OFP2 programmers work a bit harder' after ECP's release wink_o.gif .
This sounds very exciting. In what respect - is it possible to get an elaboration, or even a clue? Or do I just need to wait until release? smile_o.gif

Patience, sure, but people have been patient for 6 months. And talking about tests, why not public beta testing? I m sure that even after the release people will find some bugs, thats simple rule of software, so I just can't understand this lack of public testing if, as you say, almost all is done. Can you post some up to date list of changes and maybe some pics to appease people?

Patience, sure, but people have been patient for 6 months. And talking about tests, why not public beta testing? I m sure that even after the release people will find some bugs, thats simple rule of software, so I just can't understand this lack of public testing if, as you say, almost all is done. Can you post some up to date list of changes and maybe some pics to appease people?

Let them work, they want to release a _perfect_ addon about which everybody stuns, they want us to tell that this is the greatest addon ever and since they seem to be perfectionists (as I am too) they don't want to allow themselves any bug. And it's their right, I personally am happy whenever this version of ECP is released, be it now or in 6 months. smile_o.gif

Come_on guys! quit being so selfish...some are acting like little kids who keep whining till they get what they want...well you just wait like everyone else...and stop pounding the ecp team about this...so they made an error in predicting the release date..SO WHAT?

Like your life is depending on it...I can get frustrated about something too but this....

If you are that frustated about it why don't you just forget about it instead of giving bad critisism..we'll see you back when it's released and you say WOW thank you for getting it bugfree the first time 'round it was worth the wait afterall geesh what was i acting stupid...

maybe the team should upload it with a password and anyone who misbehaved in this thread doesn't get the password?

PS team stop making it so damn good tounge_o.gif before you know it we have to wait another year before OFP2 is on the shelves because they have to keep up with you guys wink_o.gif

Jesus may very well return before this thing is released.

Come on!

people like him need to be shot...

plus i agree.. bug free addons/mods are the best...

Quote[/b] ]Jesus may very well return before this thing is released.

Come on!

That would be beneficial for ECP then  tounge_o.gif .

@firefly

Quote[/b] ]Patience, sure, but people have been patient for 6 months. And talking about tests, why not public beta testing? I m sure that even after the release people will find some bugs, thats simple rule of software, so I just can't understand this lack of public testing if, as you say, almost all is done.

Umm people have been patient for Hard rocks eurofighter too , since how long has it been since it went to 90% status eh? i dont see people whining about that , just because we have a thread here and a fatal error in the judgement of when to release you see all this here otherwise it wouldnt even have been in the first place , what then?

The testing we are doing is not something which everyday public in OFP can narrow down and report accurately , this whole ECP architecture is complicated , i hardly ever manage to narrow down the trouble if it occurs only the inside members of the ECP's dev team know whats wrong and where and how to fix it. This isnt your everyday addon , the public wont be able to tell the bugs or how they were caused and if they cant do it , its useless to release it as it will cause havoc in the online community as people might get errors/boots/lag/desyncs what not and thats a real LET DOWN. The SP community will suffer too , as the ECP team is currently running on low manpower some of the members are AWAY with real life issues (exams etc.) we cant fix every bug that comes and release a new version , that will take time who wants to play with a laggy/buggy ECP for 2 months and wait till the bug is fixed. There are many things you dont know of in this version its first of larger in size and many in the team dont have good net connections so uploading a new version can be a problem then the time constraints.

I myself had such a problem when for a couple of weeks i had a laggy version of ECP with me , i had to wait for someone to narrow the issue and then send the rectified version of the config/addons to me. On top of that we have many versions of the dev ecp floating around it gets a bit confusing sometimes too , its hard work organizing such a huge project where everyones pitching something in and then you have to collect it all in one bucket.

As we've said before , bear with us ECP team will deliver the work done has been I SAY AGAIN revolutionary , things which people have been asking in the OFP2 section of the forums for OFP2 have been implemented in it  wink_o.gif  .

I think I know why nobody complains about other mods or addons being delayed...

It's because there is simply no other like ECP!

Have you ever stopped to think about that?

The reason why some of us is getting so impatient

is simply because ECP is the bomb!

It's simply the best thing that has happened to OFP since the release of Resistance.

So take is as a complimant (is that how you spell it?) rather than an insult.

We just can't wait any longer without going crazy!

crazy_o.gif

Shot?!? I hope you mean in OFP only crazy_o.gif

I just want ECP so bad sad_o.gif

Its not really controversial is it, don't hate me because I'm begging for your work... take it as a compliment.

Things which people have been asking in the OFP2 section of the forums for OFP2 have been implemented in it  wink_o.gif  .

like what? im curious biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Jesus may very well return before this thing is released.

Come on!

That would be beneficial for ECP then  tounge_o.gif .

@firefly

Quote[/b] ]Patience, sure, but people have been patient for 6 months. And talking about tests, why not public beta testing? I m sure that even after the release people will find some bugs, thats simple rule of software, so I just can't understand this lack of public testing if, as you say, almost all is done.

Umm people have been patient for Hard rocks eurofighter too , since how long has it been since it went to 90% status eh? i dont see people whining about that , just because we have a thread here and a fatal error in the judgement of when to release you see all this here otherwise it wouldnt even have been in the first place , what then?

The testing we are doing is not something which everyday public in OFP can narrow down and report accurately , this whole ECP architecture is complicated , i hardly ever manage to narrow down the trouble if it occurs only the inside members of the ECP's dev team know whats wrong and where and how to fix it. This isnt your everyday addon , the public wont be able to tell the bugs or how they were caused and if they cant do it , its useless to release it as it will cause havoc in the online community as people might get errors/boots/lag/desyncs what not and thats a real LET DOWN. The SP community will suffer too , as the ECP team is currently running on low manpower some of the members are AWAY with real life issues (exams etc.) we cant fix every bug that comes and release a new version , that will take time who wants to play with a laggy/buggy ECP for 2 months and wait till the bug is fixed. There are many things you dont know of in this version its first of larger in size and many in the team dont have good net connections so uploading a new version can be a problem then the time constraints.

I myself had such a problem when for a couple of weeks i had a laggy version of ECP with me , i had to wait for someone to narrow the issue and then send the rectified version of the config/addons to me. On top of that we have many versions of the dev ecp floating around it gets a bit confusing sometimes too , its hard work organizing such a huge project where everyones pitching something in and then you have to collect it all in one bucket.

As we've said before , bear with us ECP team will deliver the work done has been I SAY AGAIN revolutionary , things which people have been asking in the OFP2 section of the forums for OFP2 have been implemented in it  wink_o.gif  .

Sure, but I ve never believed and never will in bugg free software. If the changes are so revolutionary then why the version number is so low? Are the changes so great to previous versions that You may say its more like ECP 2.0 or are there not so You ll keep 1.075?? Are there any big changes comparing to the first list publicized on the page 1 of this topic that caused delays or are this just bug fixing delays?

It is entirely irrelevant what is causing the delay.

The plain fact is, it will be released when it is deemed ready by its creators.

However long it takes, no amount of whinging is going to make it get released before it is ready.

However, I'm sure that won't stop many people from posting their whinging. It seems to be a form of attention seeking. tounge_o.gif

Planck

i really dont mind waiting since the only thing that stopped me using the mod was the saving error

u cannot play a saved game

i just want an ecp with no saved game bug

can't you guys just release an ecp version with the save bug error gone

thats all i really want, nothing extra

i really dont mind waiting since the only thing that stopped me using the mod was the saving error

u cannot play a saved game

i just want an ecp with no saved game bug

can't you guys just release an ecp version with the save bug error gone

thats all i really want, nothing extra

With the new ECP, I haven't encountered one yet...