Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Hey Zayfod and extraction that's good music sounds very nice biggrin_o.gif

wish i had fruityloops or sumthin and could already work with it,then I would whip up a nice tune for ya'll  tounge_o.gif

Keep it up

PS sniperwolf and mcpxxl:I got a mail from RED in early december i believe,informing me that a new ecp version would be out soon...Can you imagine the exitement?

Well I've been waiting for about two months since then and I still ain't bored waitin.

These kind of projects can have the "it's ready when it's ready" statement cause i for sure would like to play in a bugfree version wink_o.gif

Thx m8 glad you liked it I make mixes of most loved songs mostly but sometimes if I have time I pick my keyboard and bind it to my pc and make funky melo sounds biggrin_o.gif

I got hunderds of mixes.

Every Saturday I work as a DJ in some disco's here in Holland wink_o.gif

And I make my music with my Keyboard and some programs like Cubase, Soundforge, MJ and some others which I have forgot the names tounge_o.gif

aghh I'm getting nervous waiting to see your improvements...

ok ok... be patient... relax.. hussaaaaa ... yep..

well take your time to finish this great mod.

I also have to say that I like very much the music i've downloaded from this topic (tim pic, extracion, zayfod).. hope to see it with the mod.

i CANT WAIT tounge_o.gif

[Calm Down, Whhoosssaaaaaa Whhhooooossssaaaaaa]

music is great but don't include if it will increase filesize to much tounge_o.gif but more voice files would be nice or some radio speech stuff like com messages between HQ and troops and pilots and that stuff wink_o.gif

There will be a complete "Ambient" soundtrack for the ECP.

Im not sure about file size though because all the peices have been mastered at 320 kbps so it increases the file size a bit, its worth it though.

Cubase SX 3.0 is an amazing program.

Timmeh

Cubase SX 3.0 is an amazing program.

You work with SX3 tim? hmmm... it took me a while to feel comfortable when i switched from SX1 to SX2 because of some of the changes... is the diffrence between 2 and 3 is big?

Lol Extraction that's a nice remix but I doubt that

a: people are very familiar with our own DJ Jean(not really important)

and b: it is not exactly "toepasbaar" with OFP unless you want to make a 7 min cutscene with LLW soldiers in a NFOR camp dancin to the beat of your remix tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif so I would say try to keep the music a bit compatible with the ecp....

nice work though maybe you'll become the next Tiësto lol

@ tim: nice to hear that there will be a complete track

always love a good piece of music that really fits to the atmosphere...are there any plans on creating mission type sounds/songs for us to implement in the mission editor?

Lol Extraction that's a nice remix but I doubt that

a: people are very familiar with our own DJ Jean(not really important)

and b: it is not exactly "toepasbaar" with OFP unless you want to make a 7 min cutscene with LLW soldiers in a NFOR camp dancin to the beat of your remix tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif so I would say try to keep the music a bit compatible with the ecp....

nice work though maybe you'll become the next Tiësto lol

@ tim: nice to hear that there will be a complete track

always love a good piece of music that really fits to the atmosphere...are there any plans on creating mission type sounds/songs for us to implement in the mission editor?

I know it dont fits in a cutsene but maybe they can use it in a trailer wink_o.gif

My most mixes are mostly remixes but if I want I can make some from scratch too wink_o.gif

I see if I can make some time free to make some songs that will fit with ECP wink_o.gif

Maybe ECP can make some new dancing anims than that mix will go very well with OFP cutsenes Guba dancing on DJ Jean/DJ AK remix biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

nah just kidding biggrin_o.gif

What lenght shall I make the songs  rock.gif

1min, 2min or 3min and more rock.gif

make the song 3 times -- 1min, 2min and 3mins tounge_o.gif

I think the usual will be good like 3-4 mins but be sure to ask if it is even (sort of speak) "appreciated"...just before you go out of your way spendin alot of time on this for the ecp when they don't really plan on using it wink_o.gif but you can ofcourse just do this for fun and hobby (wich is the more likely part) and just wait and see if they will even use a sample of your work smile_o.gif

@T-bird: I preffer to use the equasion ECP 1.075 + Y2K3 (or 5 tounge_o.gif ) + DXDLL + llauma (or another hi-res sky) = ofp 1.5 or .75 lol

the Y2K3 is just a matter of taste but it has my prefference tounge_o.gif

it's a fine piece of work dude no arguement there but like i said just prefference biggrin_o.gif

Right.. back on topic wink_o.gif

I've had the (previous, but still current... so far) version of ECP running fine with DXDLL and Y2K3 plus Keg's Hisky for a while now and it looks great... I had to reinstall everything recently and set everything up the same way except I took the opportunity to try E:ECP instead of Y2K3.... Not much to choose between Y2K3 and E:ECP....

E:ECP sortof looks more "real", whereas Y2K3 looks sortof "better" if you know what I mean... it really IS just a matter of preference, although it's relatively easy to mix and match bits of both...

(see the E:ECP thread on this forum for some interesting stuff on this).. there's also been one or two "personal" configs released for E:ECP on the thread which include tracersFX, for example...

Paddy has already said on the same thread that he won't be updating Y2K3 further, whereas E:ECP is all geared up to incorporate and hopefully enhance the forthcoming ECP... they're 2 sides of the same coin really - both addressing different but equally important issues lacking in original OFP...

As far as FlashFX replacement pack is concerned,,, I downloaded all the required stuff, then had a look through it's thread as well, but only as far as the bit that said it's liable to crash after about 10 minutes when playing multiplayer, then I abandoned the idea of trying it out...

(someone correct me here if I'm wrong about this!)

So I'm quite happy to wait for the ECP boys to weave their magic and then hopefully shortly afterwards see Kuriyami produce his E:ECP one-man-show... throw in DXDLL and Hisky or Llaumax latest version and we're definitely talking OFP 1.75 at least!

That's my 10 cents worth... back to the Waiting game....

crashing in mp with flas fx mod crazy_o.gif my friend got flash fx mod and it don't crash when we play lan biggrin_o.gif

maybe your comp. is not strong enough? or do you mean the unit repöacement version of flash fx???

so I've fixed majority of CTD online , I've done pack too...

My mod is just a small mod wich offers new animations,sounds, units from 1985, new GUI, and all nice scripts , I'll work on my MOD until ECP get out the 1.75 pack , after that I think I'll stop and I 'll "personalize" the ECP wink_o.gif

Now I'm working very hard on a "perfect" config "online" wich will be usable without any CTD, also working to introduce the scripts to improve the IA ...

smile_o.gif

hope it'll be better

Woops!

Obviously I wasn't too clear with my last post there...

Yes, I was talking about the FlashFX Unit Replacement Mod, which I forgot to mention is also very much slanted towards replacing all the original models with the latest and best 1985 era addons, as opposed to E:ECP and Y2K3, which, as the name suggests...

And I did say that I hadn't actually tried the FlashFX Unit Replacement because all my OFP playing is IP to IP connected online multiplayer and there seemed, initially at least, to be a problem with that...

Hi Thunderbird... guess I should have read further in your thread - glad to hear online multiplayer is better now...

No problems with all the mods I mentioned previously with my machine...

P4 3Ghz

1Gb memory

256Mb FX5700LE Graphics

It runs DXDLL & EECP/ECP + HiSky with everything on max quality at 1280x1024 at an average of 20fps easy smile_o.gif

My laptop...

P4 2Ghz

512Mb memory

64Mb onboard ATI graphics

On the other hand, crawls like a dog at 1024X768 unless you drop DXDLL in which case it's playable...

But all these mods do put a bit of serious pressure on even newish machines...

Anyway... just wanted 2 clear up that couple of points there... I'm wandering a bit off topic anyway, so... back to the Waiting Game, as I said before.... biggrin_o.gif

Say guys, is it any worth to start using DXDLL/FlashFX/E:ECP now, or i should just wait for the new ECP? What i mean actually is, will ECP include all those other 3 mod's abilities/qualities?

Im asking that because im abit lazy to start downloading and testing all those mods, if i could just get them in one pack tounge_o.gif

Another reason is that my clan playes on the ECL, therefore we have strict limitations about mods, we can use llauma but we wont be able to use ECP on MP games, for obvious reasons smile_o.gif so i dont want to use so many mods if i can just get most of them included in ECP...

Well, i guess you have to answer that question yourself. If you want to use Y2K3 then you don't to wait for the new ecp, as it will not be updated anyway.

For EECP and FlashFXUR there are big packs where you have to download only one or two files for each mod. And when the new ECP version is out only that will have to be updated, which should be around 50mb with dynamic range included.

But if you are not in a hurry you can wait for the new version of ecp which is supposed to be coming soon. Although it was supposed to be coming soon in december too...

As DxDLL has nothing to do with any of those mods and is a really small download you can start using that at once. I think the question of whether one should use it is a question of performance only. See how fast it runs on your box...

Indeed i made a small mistake of not talking about flashFX but about EECP but flashFX is indeed a good alternative to that..

the diff between y2k3/eecp/flashFX is:

Y2K3= new era units and a lot of effects added

EECP= about the same but a diff style

FlashFX=1985 era units and a bunch of personal FX

correct me if i'm wrong but is'nt flashfx based around a personal config and not around the ecp?

About the Y2K3 not being updated..That was an aspect I didn't think about tounge_o.gif but I have this feeling that pappy/~T-T~ will fix it up with the new ecp anyhow I guess it is not that big of a task for him..just a matter of replacing the old ecp config lines with the new ones i think.

About a replacement config coming with the ecp: it is a possibility because i have a replacement config made by red.

He send it to me for some testing about 1/1.5 years ago but it never followed trough...that's primarily because of Y2K3 at that time i think...but with al these quallity replacements i don't think they will put in the time to reinvent the wheel.... wink_o.gif

So.. when is this thing coming out anyway?

For like the 1000000 time... when it is ready tounge_o.gif