Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Quote[/b] ]Homefry Posted on Dec. 25 2004,21:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you guys like it thus far.... but this is just the beginning.

Ya' know that feeling after a great meal, good drink, awesome company, and a comfy couch to take a nap on?  That's how I feel about your release.. Fantastic job ECP Team!.

blues.gif  blues.gif  blues.gif

(  xmas_o.gif  Merry Christmas too!)

Opening thread has been updated, including several "watch this space" areas. wink_o.gif

Zay

I really would not want to have the units replaced with non-matching models and textures of varying qualities from different authors.

That is why i really like the Marine Assault Pack actually , the small config replacement mod (that can be downloaded from one of my sig links) i made using the West and East opposing forces and weapons offered in this pack fit very well together in both model shape and textures.

I will certainly adapt this small config replacement mod for the ECP 1.075 when it will be released.

It is not a competition for the great E:ECP from Kurayami (as i made it with the purpose to use only MAP addon) it should co-exist with it happily wink_o.gif (as i play E:ECP very often myself smile_o.gif ).

From where I am standing, Kurayami has no competition wink_o.gif  . His work to date, as someone that wishes to enhance overall operation flashpoint gaming, has been superb. This is why we invited him to become a Team member. We are very excited to have him onboard.  smile_o.gif  And we look forward to including whatever code we can from the EECP into the main ECP core.

The ECP core remains an update for the standard BIS OFP.

Those that wish for a unit replacement MOD are advised to use Kurayamis EECP. We leave this to people like Kurayami, and ofcourse, the very talented model makers. His approach to the ECP quality standard of scripting  (MP and SP) and the EECPs wide appeal as an all encompassing MOD update that exposes a large number of superb addons for an end users every day use (as opposed to a per mission basis), is a real chance for people to see Operation Flashpoint in a completely new light, and to relive the original campaigns (and third party campaigns) in an awesome remodelled environment. Indeed, many top individually made addons get maximum exposure with this type of MOD.

We will be working more closely together in the future to make sure that any implementations that may be used for the typical BIS OFP environment are incorporated into the standard BIS ECP core.

Zay

That is a good choice to release separate ECP and E:ECP , as i know some people will make their personnal config tinkering (at least me biggrin_o.gif ) , and having to use only a basis already completed to "play" with is not as amusing wink_o.gif

On the same note, i am happy to see that Kurayami is now in the ECP team, it will help him a lot to enhance his E:ECP that i like a lot.

Like everybody, i can't wait to put my hands on this new ECP (and on the E:ECP using it) icon14.gif

About carrying wounded soldiers script and anim hope next version is close, cause that would be really good to have wink_o.gif

can´t see anything because crying :-)

Hope to get it verry soon in 2004 ? xmas_o.gif

About carrying wounded soldiers script and anim hope next version is close, cause that would be really good to have wink_o.gif

When can we expect next version with these features?

Shouldn't you wait for the version displayed here to come out before you start wishing for the version after that one?

hum, what else can i say?

looking forward for the release smile_o.gif

BTW is it MP compatible just like the last version?

Wow wowo wowowo!!!

I love this! I hope it comes out soon.

You guys rock, you truly blew new life into this old game.

Any idea of the release-date?

hum, what else can i say?

looking forward for the release smile_o.gif

BTW is it MP compatible just like the last version?

Yes all the scripts are designed to work in MP like previous versions. 1.075 should work even better in MP than the other versions as it has cut down on the number of public variables.

RED

So.. are we looking at a release tomorrow? Or the day after tomorrow? Or in 2005?

Please say today... please please please crazy_o.gif

its done when its done wink_o.gif

but probably next week if we are lucky enough ghostface.gif

i don't got anything better to do, gonna go shopping new ram memory tomorow hopefully if all goes well tounge_o.gif

anyone from the ECP team able to comment on the save-game issue?

Also I remember some people saying that the ECP was looking at ways of reducing the laser accuracy of the AI without using HD weapons. Has there been any progress on this?

Wow, the movie's just perfect

I cant wait for it to come out..

Long live ECP tounge_o.gif

Man, you were really working the joystick hard (Saving Private Ryan style) in the first half of the video mad_o.gif , but the finale really made up for it!   wow_o.gif  This will really correct a lot of OFP's short-comings, compared to newer (and in some cases, older) games.  

If you guys need authentic Uzi-SD and LAW sounds for a future version, let me know.

Are those whoomping and crunching noises in the distance flak and grenades going off? Sounds EXACTLY like grenades going off in the distance, from the way I remember it.

anyone from the ECP team able to comment on the save-game issue?

Also I remember some people saying that the ECP was looking at ways of reducing the laser accuracy of the AI without using HD weapons. Has there been any progress on this?

The savegame bug has essentially been fixed, ECP hasn't failed me yet. As for the inaccuracy issue, you'll have to wait for Zay's reply.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Opening thread has been updated again. smile_o.gif

With regards to AI accuracy,

all issues and enhancements with AI will be shown very soon. wink_o.gif We are still testing some final, erm, tweaks. Please keep an eye on the opening thread for updates.

Zay

i cant wait for the editor mod part of it... this is gonna make my life sooo much easier what with making missions! biggrin_o.gif

Hey zay & ecp team....looking good unclesam.gif

had to wait few days to be allowed to post on this topic lol!

check ur email/pm's Zay !!!

Because the ECP team has released a completed ... video wink_o.gif

And, certainly in a near future the first post will be updated soonâ„¢ with something we are all waiting for , like actually it is often updated by Zayfod, playing a very cruel game with us

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The purpose of this forum is to make finding information for people who want to download and use addons only (not to create them) easier. Any information about addons not released should be posted in other forum sections, like

ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION

ADDON CONFIG & SCRIPTING

O2 MODELLING and other Oxygen section forums.

--------------

Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

... and i'am not counting a video a released Addon.