Sign in to follow this  
AiRBLaDE

Russian 1985 soldier reskin/remodel?

Hey, I was looking around for replacement units to customize my OFP, and I found some nice 1985 west soldiers made by that Japanese addon maker.

But im having difficulty finding anything for the Russians, I dont want modern day type Russian soldier addon. What I wanted was more of a reskin/remodel for the original Russian soldier with better graphics but with the same camo. Is there anything like this?

If not, then if anyone is intrusted, you could make one on behalf of my request.

If you need, i can give you textures of KZM (green&white) camo in 512 size... PM me if you're interested in

I think the closest thing to that out right now would be Vilas 1985 units mod...go check OFP.info for Vilas mod. smile_o.gif

yes, I have seen villas mod, the east models with this are not bad at all, but I did not want the spetsnaz striped shirt on the soldier with KZM camo.  I dont want to replace the east soldier with a spetsnaz.  So I guess ill just have to wait until something like this is released.

In the mean time, desantnik or Denorc mabey you could just do a quick reskin of the original east soldier with the KMZ camo, but making the camo more detailed and nicer looking? Or anyone else who is intrusted in this?

Den, are you planning to add this camo to your Motorized Infantry pack? in version 2.1 or 2.5... Or will Psykke make units with this camo?

Quote[/b] ]I can do two models, Specnaz and Soldier in KZM camo on our models in one day, if you really need em.

I know I need 'em!

biggrin_o.gif

yeah, hey den, all I need is the soldier version and also you will do one with an officer?  Thanks so much.

I need them too!

*Waves both hands*

I need them too smile_o.gif Much appriciated Denorc.

funny I use the vilas mods units they got the unitforms from that time even cunt caps for the BMP crews. They have Speznaz with the hoods and decent weapons with them. Other than a flash bug in the shadows which I think was fixed in the last update.

Perfect cannon fodder units or even cooler to play as. And they are balanced with most of the current units.

So you stand a chance going against in a game, The RF units geeze, very diccult putting them in missions because they or over far beyond bis units. The RPD/PK gunners are really insane. Bad enough having a pair of them shoot one of the CBT M2s from under you with combined fire power.

Any pics rock.gif

I'm still downloading it, just like to see what it looks like smile_o.gif

hey, Denorc.. I have a KMLK oversuit and a complete set of afghan era 6 pocket uniform, boots and most of the field gear.. If you want i can take some good digital pics for you..

Much better! smile_o.gif

I always wanted to use 1985 units but the BIS ones just looked so bad, i didnt want to touch them. ;)

Offtopic: Are you guys still planning to do anything with all the Caucasus Chrisis units that were never released?

Hey Denorc the east models you made look wonderful! Again, thanks for taking the time to make these.

Everything works fine, except when I choose to put in the spetsnaz or the SVD rifleman into the game, it wont load and gives me an error that says "No entry '.modelSpecial.'" Any idea how to fix this?

Hmm.. I don think KLMK pattern theme will be actual in a future, i made this small addon only for pleasure of our foreign friends, that asked me to do it.

About errors: all works fine with 3.1 ICP_RFWP pack. I tested it.

Wow, thanks alot for them Denorc! Looking very good and no problems here too with latest Weaponpack.

List of unit classnames for people like me, using a texteditor for upgrading existing missions: smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">AA Soldier icp_kzm_aa

AT Soldier icp_kzm_at

Grenadier icp_kzm_grenadier

Heavy Grenadier icp_kzm_hgrenadier

Machinegunner icp_kzm_mgunner

Medic icp_kzm_medic

Miner icp_kzm_miner

Officer icp_kzm_officer

Officer (Pistol) icp_kzm_officer_p

RPG Soldier icp_kzm_rpg

Soldier icp_kzm_soldier

Specnaz icp_kzm_specnaz

Specnaz (Bizon) icp_kzm_specnazbizon

SVD Rifleman icp_kzm_sniper

@ Jan. 14 2005,02:49)]Maybe not so cool.. But at least playable and small size.

Are you kidding me? These soldiers are great! smile_o.gif We finally have a remake of 1985 troops.

Nice work Denorc - I'm moving this over to A&M: Complete so people know that there's a download available wink_o.gif