Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Lost world Mod - jarrasic park

I don't know what is up with these links you post. Either completely dead or go no where.

I am Testing the almost finished BETA of it, more info soon

Mmm...what does "unofficial" mean in your signature ?

il resize the pics when i can, I just put them in as ppl wanted to see. Were using the old things in the mod but there was alot which was unfinished and many of the original dinosaur scripts were very limited, so some of the models have been fixed, they have all be re-scripted and animated. An example the Trex which wasnt released with the mod it just walked forward and only the young Trex killed. The new rex smells for prey, hunts when hungry, its new animation means it bites and does other stuff as do the other dinos. The map has been redone, with new working electric fences which kill, some more excellent stuff to come

with new working electric fences which kill

Can it be turn off and destroyed? So that the dino's runs free?

Like the game JP operation genesis?

well yeh you have to switch the generator on to power them so yes

That option was in old jurrasic park. What exactly will be new in mod?

TBH it looks like microchip's work. (Filefront Guy who released a loooot of "fixed things" without readmes about true author and that fixed versions was worst than original).

You have all that unreleased stuff from previous original mod? Or it will be mix old+ new. Your web page tell nothing about it TBH. And of course You gave permission? Cause permission from non-members of team isn't permission (I track filefront too)

re-written

The option was available in the original mod, but it was floored. It has been fixed, it works correctly,everything from the old mod has been either remade,rebuilt or fixed. The original Demo which is available to download had some fences,some buildings which were finished to an extent, there were some dinosaurs. What has been done with the new mod and I class it as new only a few things have been used again, yes many models have been used but thats part of the world of programming. Theres new animation,retextured things, alot of new things,new sounds,new movements,the script is totally new. This mod is being built in a whole new way. I cannot give anymore details am afraid. The site has not been updated as I have not had time as ive been busy in university and that always comes first, but i will try and update the site whe i can.

And yes when the mod is released it will have the original team on as we do have permission,how else do you think I got all the extra unreleased stuff?

Please dont leave stupid questions like this again...

Edited by britishgoose01

Probably if someone have this stuff may be:

a. innactive

b. switch to arma I or II

c. he isn't register on BIF

d. dead

First b, then we grew frustrated with the missing animation support for Arma I. and it's buggy state, made a new start from scratch for Crysis, then I left for creative differences (what a fancy term), then a., then actually d. for a short time...

Who said life has no thing for irony, I really went "extinct" and came back :P

Well, I'm happy there is a comeback, I really am. There is more then two years of my life in this stuff.

Sure, you have all the stuff, goose?

The Kritosaurus, Hesperornis, Pteranodon and Lagosuchus were fully working - but I don't think I ever leaked them into our private little funtime developers forum :S

And the dense jungle, well, I was really proud of it, it worked fantastic, it was nice fighting Vietcong in it - I only made it avaible in the mapfact forum (because they inspired me to make it) but got no reply and the files are long lost.

Or are they? Just went back and saw that I posted them on 05-27-2006 - if someone saved that stuff for 5 years you have the most important files ready

I am looking forward to see some pics of your remake, I am happy that all the passion that went into it wasn't for nothing :)

Edit: Just visited your website, the T.rex anim model and anim is still the one we used in 2006 - but never released it.

Don't get me wrong, I like that you make it avaible again, but I haven't seen anything 'remade' at all with your pics and video - it seems to be the same beta stuff we used back in the days

Edited by Dracul

First b, then we grew frustrated with the missing animation support for Arma I. and it's buggy state, made a new start from scratch for Crysis, then I left for creative differences (what a fancy term), then a., then actually d. for a short time...

Who said life has no thing for irony, I really went "extinct" and came back :P

Well, I'm happy there is a comeback, I really am. There is more then two years of my life in this stuff.

Sure, you have all the stuff, goose?

The Kritosaurus, Hesperornis, Pteranodon and Lagosuchus were fully working - but I don't think I ever leaked them into our private little funtime developers forum :S

And the dense jungle, well, I was really proud of it, it worked fantastic, it was nice fighting Vietcong in it - I only made it avaible in the mapfact forum (because they inspired me to make it) but got no reply and the files are long lost.

Or are they? Just went back and saw that I posted them on 05-27-2006 - if someone saved that stuff for 5 years you have the most important files ready

I am looking forward to see some pics of your remake, I am happy that all the passion that went into it wasn't for nothing :)

Edit: Just visited your website, the T.rex anim model and anim is still the one we used in 2006 - but never released it.

Don't get me wrong, I like that you make it avaible again, but I haven't seen anything 'remade' at all with your pics and video - it seems to be the same beta stuff we used back in the days

The first model vid was from humvee, he gave me it and I made the vid. Then mell go hold of it and as for the animations there are many more, and newer AI. Its the original bta model that wasnt released as you said thats why it looks the same.

Now Mell has said it has been rescripted, it has new animations, probably inspired from the original animations, the textures are supposed to have been altered, I have tested the original and the newer ones, and there is a big difference. With the new ones as well they dnt just walk around and do nothing...well the younger 1 didnt anyway but the larger ones did nothing, the redesigned ones hunt. they will go for anything whether its resistance,west,east or civilian or if theres nothing about they go for each other. The can be nocked out cold for a bit before getting back up again, this does work as I hit a trex with a tank,5 mins later it got up and walked off. Also the other dinos have been altered...I know this was started 5 years ago but am thrilled someone wants to continue it. Currently weve had an issue with the main harddrive which had everything on,so annoyingly the mod is now behind, but its been worked on as fast as possible.

I will try post more and better screenshots of the ingame when doing some more tests, also a good thing the feeder was fixed and works, but humvee is working on a different 1 as the 1 mell fixed the doors opened sideways,sort of slide, and they should really be pull up doors, So when the mod is released there should be quite a pack to play around with

AHAHAHAH, first the Warhammer 40K mod, then the 3148 SciFi mod, then the Thyria mod, and now ANOTHER big mod comes back for OFP? Its so fucking great, I too came back for OFP, Im just sick of ArmA and a community that only appreciates Special-Forces reskins and M4 subvariants.

And if you use kegetys .dxll mod and the right islands (like Thyria for example) it still looks quite good.

I Have The Files From Mell Not All The Files Since Am Her Brother , Am Working On The JP Mode And I Don't Have All The Dinos Since Mell's PC Crasht I Was Able To Recover 10% Of The Work So Am Working On The Mode Bin Working Since 1/18/2014 We Need Your Help Me And Mell Asking Member For Help To Upload Dinos If Any Got Some Please We Are Trying To Finish It I Send A Message To Goose Since Me Sister Gave Him The Files But No Respond, Any Files Will Help I Made New Scripts And New Animations I Will Post A Video Soon We Are Working On Some Errors On The TRex. IF YOU HAVE ANY DINOS Plase Upload And Send Link We Never Gave Up Lets Finish It. Posting Video Soon. On Youtube:yay:

TREX ANIMATION TEST

Edited by MEVLUDIN