Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

The one thing I would LOVE to see... Lock on after fire for the hellfires.

Ie. Pilot hovers behind a hill.. scout designates and calls for lauch... pilot unmasks from behind hill and fires...

Yeah that would be cool, but damn AI won't stay still in the scout choppers as soon as they detect a target they move in and attack. Perhaps scripting may help. By way of disarming and only using the laser designator and automatically cycling through the targets untill they are all destroyed. Im amazed no one has attempted it yet to fix this flaw *HINT*  wink_o.gif

I wasn't even commenting on AI - we play 16 - 25 player coops and it would be great to get the option for MP missions.

SF team with LD or Kiowa LD

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 09 2005,18:38)]I know, but the problem is the OFP Engine thy only allow 1 Proxy per Model, and SetObjectTexture will be laggy in MP-games.

So i must found a way to make it playable in mp-games.

regreetz

Marco

why is setobjtex laggy in mp? rock.gif

The one thing I would LOVE to see... Lock on after fire for the hellfires.

Ie. Pilot hovers behind a hill.. scout designates and calls for lauch... pilot unmasks from behind hill and fires...

Yeah that would be cool, but damn AI won't stay still in the scout choppers as soon as they detect a target they move in and attack. Perhaps scripting may help. By way of disarming and only using the laser designator and automatically cycling through the targets untill they are all destroyed. Im amazed no one has attempted it yet to fix this flaw *HINT*  wink_o.gif

I wasn't even commenting on AI - we play 16 - 25 player coops and it would be great to get the option for MP missions.

SF team with LD or Kiowa LD

WGL made an Apache with allowed players to select between direct line of sight and high trajectory fire modes.  That might be a start.  Also, check out the javelin and dragon AT weapons included in COMBAT!'s Bradley pack.  Those weapons both have high parabola like trajectories.

~TA-50

Yeah - WGL mod made this available.... but I wonder if they would be willing to share?

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 09 2005,22:30)]@reador

too many poly's and too many scripts are to

regreetz

Marco

huh? which polys? you'd need 1 or 2 scripts... that does not lagg.

this addon looks awsome but like when u get shot down or what not ur choper just reapears on the ground and the smoke is in the air? like the old one u get shot down and ur choper go's down and u can see it go down in an flam and when it hits ground it blows up and then it go's to the down choper script, but in this one it just apears on the ground and the flam and smoke is in the air? and when it does hit the ground its got no flames? its vary funny it just blows up like in air and reapers on the grond thats how quick it happens biggrin_o.gif so quick the smoke is still in the air and flam lol tounge_o.gif looking for that update love the addon though keep it up.

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 09 2005,22:30)]@reador

too many poly's and too many scripts are to

regreetz

Marco

How can it be too many poly's/faces? its the original BIS and BOH apache models.

Besides,nothing in OFP these days are under 2000 faces,the new M1A2 has many faces,the most I have seen I think,it even maxes out of these helicotper and planes.

I found very annoying bug. I have a mission where I fly as gunner in helicopter. AI is pilot. On my rout to target I have a WP where pilot should hover (WP-Guard, secure, slow speed etc - normally all helicopters hover motionless) but when I changed helicopter to this AH-64 pilot doesn't stop, but instead it is turning constantly around WP!! Something is definately wrong as I tried many addons like BIS, BAS, OFrP and other 3rd party helis and they all worked fine. Only this addon doesn't.

also for the other chopers like the egypt and so on its still got US weapons on them and the US emblem? man what gets me is that blow up in air thing and reapears on the grond it doesent show the choper going down it just reapers on the ground and the smoke is not on the choper but in the air rock.gif man the old one does it vary well shot down then goes down in an flam and bomm on the ground and then the script of the down choper wink_o.gifwink_o.gif be cool if ya put it on the next up date biggrin_o.gif

another issue - for some reason if you have a pilot and gunner in MP games - the gunner can't see Laser designated targets from other helos or fromt he ground.

The second he gets out the laser spot reappears... ideas?

another issue - for some reason if you have a pilot and gunner in MP games - the gunner can't see Laser designated targets from other helos or fromt he ground.

The second he gets out the laser spot reappears... ideas?

This is a known OFP bug thats been there since day one and never got fixed sad_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

does any one notice this when u get shot down like if ur choper gets hit by an missile in air instade of blowing up and falling to ground ur choper just reappear on the ground and the smoke is in the air where u got hit it doesent show the choper going down just reappears on the ground and there is no flames on choper on the ground? it doesent fall just reappear on the ground like u eject and ur gunner is still in and its still takeing hits and it just reappears on the ground with smoke in the sky not on chopper crazy_o.gif

sorry to poke my nose in here, but for Y2K3ers the Apac.pbo needed to be updated for this release of the AH64 pack. please check the Y2K3 topic for the fixed files for both the AH64 and the M1A2SEP updates to the mod.

with that update everything will work correctly

this message applys ONLY to Y2K3ers

1in1class Simple the model literly is switched. to a wrecked model which is already on the ground. AS less laggy differnt model swaping code is used on this chopper to make it a little better in MP missions so everyone don't freeze in game if one AH64 goes down.

I digged through this topic and found only one note that indicated this addon flies like a brick. I am not sure if it is only me but original BIS AH seems to be more manouvrable. Also the chopper tends to raise the nose on its own so it is bit hard to get it to full speed. Another thing I noticed is tendency of the chopper to follow bumps (the heli does not run straight over the hills but seems to follow the curves and lift up) but not that much.

And the last one, there is 3-rounds shooting from cannon (sound) and shortly after I hear another sound even when I am not pressing fire-key. Gun also did not fire constantly (I am not sure if it is meant to be like that)

Yours T.

PS. Nice work. I suggest talking to other addon-makers that are working on AH packs, maybe it would help to create really great addon.

Well I suggest that we Call in DKM Jaguar to texture this aircraft wink_o.gif cause the skin is just still BIS

1in1class  Simple the model literly is switched. to a wrecked model which is already on the ground.    AS less laggy differnt model swaping code is used on this chopper to make it a little better in MP missions so everyone don't freeze in game if one AH64 goes down.

ahh i see now thx on that but on the next up date this will be the same rock.gif so no more watching the choper get hit and falling to ground in an flam and no bomms just an disappearing frome air to ground act ahhh love the pack but the old one frome this point of view of this topic was i think a lot better of getting shot down and stuff wink_o.gif

Gotta admit they do not fly too well without rotor blades.

noticed the other chopper mod the corckscrew into the ground when hit.

I digged through this topic and found only one note that indicated this addon flies like a brick. I am not sure if it is only me but original BIS AH seems to be more manouvrable. Also the chopper tends to raise the nose on its own so it is bit hard to get it to full speed. Another thing I noticed is tendency of the chopper to follow bumps (the heli does not run straight over the hills but seems to follow the curves and lift up) but not that much.

Unfortunately it is true, this addon in itself is superb but this helicopter is flying like a brick , this is giving lot of problems for AI pilots to follow waypoints.

I hope the author will update his apache somehow, as it is not interesting in this "flying brick" actual state, the AI is constantly missing their waypoints because they have difficulties to turn.

edit : Quickly noticed the BIS AH64 has a complete mass of 3250 while this addon AH64 has a complete mass of 24482. Maybe that's the reason of the flying brick feeling there.

yess... please someone update this thing!! i cant possibly fly this thing into combat.. a shilka ends your day. Its not even fun because you cant play with it. It flies like its a chinook.

@Sanctuary

witch model has a total mass form 24482?

i've set total mass at 6385 for all models

i work on the update allrady

regreetz

Marco

Clearly this guys never really spent time with the shithook, it flies like a bus. The AH64 is not that slugish even more so with a joystick. Seeing it s loaded down with lots of ordinace and fuel its not going to be really as agiale as the reglar bis apache. Having a smaller payload and no heavy avionic packages.

The AH64 is no match for Mi-24D in the air in a toe to toe fight. Is not built for going after it its for killing tanks, Mi24 Hinds are very deadly even to fixed winged aircraft the first chopper with confirmed jet kills.

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 11 2005,07:40)]@Sanctuary

witch model has a total mass form 24482?

i've set total mass at 6385 for all models

i work on the update allrady

regreetz

Marco

I just opened the black longbow "mpiv_ah64d_lb_blk.p3d" model in odol explorer to compare its mass with the BIS AH64 , and it told me the "complete" mass was 24482,something (3/4 numbers after the " , " )

The BIS AH64 has a "complete" mass of exactly 3250 (no " , " and numbers after it) in odol explorer.