Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

why keep putting up airforce nose art when you gusy are whining aboot wanting it on an ARMY helo???

show more then 1 photo of chalk art on an army helo then that might actual make your case till then STOP postign images of AIRFORCE aircraft when this is aboot an ARMY helo..

Thanks for saying what I was thinking, Azazel smile_o.gif

why keep putting up airforce nose art when you gusy are whining aboot wanting it on an ARMY helo???

show more then 1 photo of chalk art on an army helo then that might actual make your case till then STOP postign images of AIRFORCE aircraft when this is aboot an ARMY helo..

the army still allow it. the Army doesnt care. the US ARmy allows it on helos, tanks, trucks, ect ect. granted on tanks and other ground vehicles the art is black or grey outline rather then colored

the discussoin here is about nose art in general

Quote[/b] ]

I don't think so. For AA guns it might be equal how a plane is paitned, since the plane is always a silhouetta the bright sky. But for example in air-to-air fights it indeed does make a difference, since in dogfights you have to track your enemy with the eyes, and if you're looking down on a plane below you it _does_ make a difference if the plane is light grey or green-brownish. That's also the reason why high-altitude AA jets are often painted grey, while anti-tank aircraft like the a10 are rather painted in green and brown (depending on site, situation and the enemy's forces)

so you have a grey aircraft on a bright sunny day.. now you have a dark silloute out there. in the case of your eurofighter, its white. white stands out on sunny days, stormy days, nighttime, daytime, dusk.

you are correct, that it does make the plane a little harder to see when you attempt to camo it to the sky, but look at the sky right now, and look at it in 20 minutes from now. it will not be the same color.

in WWII they painted the bottoms of the aircraft a light color, either grey or blue, to camo them to the sky.

but in todays technologicly advanced warefar where radar and doppler guides pick up any flying object within 25km of your aircraft... who said you need to see the enemy? the last time there was a REAL air to air dogfight between two aircraft (in a wartime situation) was in Gulf War I when an F15 and F4 were too close to use missels, but the F15 was all over his backdoor so it didnt matter anyway. (note i'm pretty sure this was the F15-F4 incident.. it could have been a mig offhand i forget which a2a combat this was)

actually I beleive there has been dog fighting since gulf war.

I believe Syria and Israel had an few. and there was that EC130 that was rammed by an chinese mig. I bet there has been an few others.

and actually the only thing on tanks is usually the tanks nickname spray painted in black on the barrel.

and that also can be used to to identify wich tank is next to you. ther eis also complete unit markings usually soemthign that has to do with the nickname of the company.

and art is only allowed if the unit commander ok's it.

and some of thsoe airforce images that "art" on them was the freecking unit symbol.. the place you usually see art is ont he tail and it is an unit thing..

@ SM_Azazel

Do search on google "nose art" - i have found bunch of pics of CH-47's arts wink_o.gif

But please, don't kill this topic wit all those OT posts.

It is good subject for TO thread "nose arts: pro&cons and pics" tounge_o.gif

actually I beleive there has been dog fighting since gulf war.

I believe Syria and Israel had an few. and there was that EC130 that was rammed by an chinese mig. I bet there has been an few others.

and actually the only thing on tanks is usually the tanks nickname spray painted in black on the barrel.

I applogise, when i made that statment i was refering to US invovled engagments. i completly forgot there are a few other countries out there that still dont like each other tounge_o.gif

yea yea yea typical american, blind to the happenings of the world, but fact is: if we arent bombin the hell out of it, or they aint helpin us bomb the hell out of something, then i really dont care whats goin on.

anyway a note about tanks: althou beit rare, i have seen a few tanks with writing's on the front of the turret like "you're next" or somethiing simaler. and sometimes skull and crossbones. not exactly pinup ladies or yosemittee sam riddin a tank shell. but still non-combat related drawings.

on topic: ummm nice helos whoo hoo tounge_o.gif

lol well better then the european hate of anything not of europe.

now aboot the Helos.

they need soem major tweakign they fly like an brick.

very very stiff. not very adgile..

and needs more of an zoom and driver's view.

it is also way way way to fast you can get it up to 400km/hr wich is like 2 times it's max speed.

also remove the tag from the ammo listing it looks weird.

also I did not notice if there was the extra "armour" on the body.. also the cockpit ont he ah64D's is not very upto date an little to much liek an ah64A

Oh yeah. All the M1's out in the field are named, with it stenciled on the fume extractor, and the front sides of the turret. Just a few nights ago on the Military Channel ( Love it! ), they had a documentary about the USMC First Tanks that participated in the invasion of Iraq, from Basrah, to Baghdad, and one of the tanks was clearly stenciled with "GW's Peacemaker" on the maingun. They also bear the "clan name" of the tank company to which they are assigned on the turret.

Io didn't make this order, two most of those birds are flown by _officers_ they tend to get allowed more slack than enlisted. Two the burds are in the middel of a campaign, and not even stateside.

Also your showing how some of them are cheating by adding it to the unit regimental crest =P

Kinda hard to enforce that while in contry?

Like the black beret rule, most kinda still wear the patrol caps when they can get away with it even if its now Army regulation that its the offical head gear.

Or the other rule stating we can wear the old OD green jungle boots with the uniform anymore. Now must be all black yada yada infact black boots are supposed to be done away as the Army now think black is bad, the new cammo paint doesn't have black on it.

Can sit here and nit picks, first your talking about Air force in contry and in state side, which the airforce is way more laxed than the army ever will be.

Some career officer is gonna have a lot more pull to get things to slide for his men if he knows the system. Rules literly aree set by the resinging post commander to do as he pleases. It is different for every post unit assingment.

The Offical order is no, it must be placed on the bird vehicle or equipment out of site.

I am an artists, and have done several pics on the inside panels of the 355ths A10s. While this bann was in effect. Because I'm a mear low ranking NCO _I would not dare_ try paitning anything on the outside of a vehicle without written orders to protect me from punishment later of defacing US Gov proporty. =P

So ofifically its no you cannot, but a lot of winking and nuding because a lot of in the field career officers wanti art back because it is a longf standing military tradition and they are not the anal PC types from the Pentigon. Od dear this might seem offensive to female troops, or forigin/coliation forces hell even the enemy.

I doubt Disney or warners copyright lawyers dare try making issues of their precoius copyright proporties painted on combat aircraft right now because it bad for public oppion. =P

Can run this into the ground going off topic, but offically for the record, having been through the annoying training class, yes there was a training class for it. Its _no_

Kinda really hard to enforce when lots of people ignore it more power to them, me I've already been run through the USCMJ on BS before, you have to force me at gunpoint to ever do that around my unit. But thats my commander by the book..

Now hopefully this is been clariified wen my now return to topic. =P

But I doubt it, people are gonna try and tell the armed forces members otherwise cause they seem to know better.

As far as a desert verssion of the AH64, I would shudest a very hastilly over painted desert tan colore on everything like we paint them but a lot of the drak color paint is coming through because its was only sprayed with the gun really quickly just to cover most of it over. even over spray on the rubber tires like you see on the humvees, Most of the one that look like they have been painted sand are just allowed to get diry due to the lack of water to wash them and the constant sand storms and after a good cleaning are kinda the dark antireflexive very very dark green or nearly black paint they often are painted in depending on which base they came from or if drawn from war storgage.

The current desert paint scheem is rather not regulation. But seeing most game players really don't care, all they like is a differnet flavorof the month bird.

should had the option SAM stores 4 stingers in dual tubes on the wingtipes, and or duel AIM Sidewinders.

There were model As with the long bow option durring the early production. the fuselage is altered on the trud model d having larger boxes in the fuslage for the newer avionics used on the model delta including a larger shaft tube and altered transmission gearbox housing. Be nice if you just made the Ir flash even if its was non funtional. The disco light on the back of the fuselage. Just a flashing animation kinda strobe think like on the CBT ambulance. maybe attache the flare scripts to that without the laggy WP shower.

hey ..kudo's on the addon ..the Air transport version are nice

read something about a ferry load out ?

also ..any chance on a version packing the SIDEARM ?

The AGM-122 Sidearm is a small Anti Radiation Missile, carried on the Army AH 64A/D Apache and Marine Corps AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters for self defense against anti aircraft gun and SAM radars

The AGM-122 Sidearm is a small Anti Radiation Missile, carried on the Army AH 64A/D Apache

It can carry it, but never does. They use Hellfires on AA-threats. Its been discussed time and time again.

There are only two common payloads for Apaches:

16xHF (anti-tank) and 8xHF+38Hydras (mixed load/CAS).

The Apache can carry alot more different weaponry (most of them requiring only minor changes), but in real life they hardly use anything else than Hellfires and Hydras.

Stick to the topic, people.

Publishing a book about off-topic content and then addin a one-liner on the topic is still off topic, Pappy, Bobcat, Grizzlie and Ferretfangs. mad_o.gif

From now on, all nose-art on all vehicles other than helos working in the same squad as Apaches are considered O-T.

I'd love to see the next version of this this addon. Don't make me close this topic because a few people need to drag this topic O-T.

My appologies.. I would like this addon to go a bit further than a retexture of the old BIS bird. Make it worth the effort to utilize in misssions. It had a lot of merit now, it be nice to have correct miltary spec birds, with the correct tail numbers and markings

Sorry just being real military informing the addon maker with information so we don't end up with a full pack of units with shark teeth on everything. Because they were missinformed.

There literly are several 80 + page TM/FMs about the issue and what can and cannot be done. Its ultimitly up to the addon maker to decide what they should do. Mearly lending my experiance into the matter, seeing we have several local AH64 aviation sections nearby in the Marana Airpark. And the fact the Air Force is very different from the Army and Marines. Try calling a Army NCO sir?

This is mearly feedback if the addon maker wishes to use the information I'll be more than happy to give them the correct spec sheets to what is displayed on the aircrafts when we have to repaint and service them might even be useful for other mods by request only though. PM me.

I'm sorry for that sad_o.gif

I have a question to scripting magicians. Is it possible, with OFP limitations, show difference between AH-64 D and AH-64 D Longbow? Longer range of view, longer range of rockets ect. and for instance something like with DKMM Tunguskas - sending data from Longbow to other choppers in group?

features in vers. 1.1:

shadowbug fixed

green version textures fixed

black version added

WAH-64A and D added

Laser added

laserguided Hellfire added

WAH M230 500 Rounds

Stingerlauncher added 4 tubes

release next week

greez

marco

Yeah, it will make a whole lot of difference flying a Apache with Rolls Royce engines instead of General Electric 701-c engines rock.gif

LOL biggrin_o.gif

they actual sounds a little different

and the WAH64 uses different missiles

but it will be funny to see US pilots flying it..

lol

Quote[/b] ]SM_Azazel: but it will be funny to see US pilots flying it.. lol

... i know it for sure: it is definitly possible to create an "empty WAH @Editor and choose some brit. Pilots; therefore ...  rock.gif

Don't know if its mentioned before but the gear hanging( not sure if its called so ) is looking through the side tanks or whatever it is.

Die Seitenabdeckung verbirgt die Fahrgestellaufhängung nicht ganz , kann sein das es nur eine Textur ist aber es sieht seltsam aus , ist auch nur auf der seite links vorn zu sehen.

Beyond of this the helicopters are nice.

Don't know if its mentioned before but the gear hanging( not sure if its called so ) is looking through the side tanks or whatever it is.

No, infact they should be mounted further out.

Only thing that does'nt look right is the angle of the gear.

They should be a little bit more straight down look at it from the front/rear. The wheels are positioned correctly but they are attached at the side of the helo, not underneath it.

Just see for yourself. If the real Apache had the gears mounted like this they would probably break at the first landing.

mpiv_lb.jpg

real_lb.jpg

Quote[/b] ]SM_Azazel: but it will be funny to see US pilots flying it.. lol

... i know it for sure: it is definitly possible to create an "empty WAH @Editor and choose some brit. Pilots; therefore ... rock.gif

It will be done...

wink_o.gif