Sign in to follow this  
mrbean1112

Has anyobody tried 3d Glasses?

Is there VR goggles for the consumer market?

I heard about 3001 AD's Trimension. It's supposed to come out in Q4 of 2005.

But is there and VR-helmets/glasses/visors that use stereoscopics?

Is it really 3D or just a normal screen trapped to your face?

umm first off ofp windows servers have a bug whare thay dont go over 36fps and most 3d glases need you to have a Monitor supporting 72hz or higher also 3d glases and 3d games thare is one down side thay look good and thay make youre game look good but becuse thay Dubble the image to create Depth in games whare you shoot might not be whare you shoot on game it may be 3cm this is true with all 3d glases but you can go into options and Config how much Depth you want i would onley get 3d glases if you have a nvidia video card as far as i know ati does not have drivers for 3d glases

ow and i have tryed 3d glases and ofp it looks good but like i said 3d glases Dobble teh image and whare youre mouse is and what you see is Diffrent thare may be a 1-5cm diffrance depending on what res you have it on

I have a pair or 3d glasses from Edimensional, never using them.. too lazy to install them.

Anyone that wants to buy them €40,- ex postal costs tounge2.gif

products-wired.gif

I just ordered a pair tounge2.gif

I'll put a full review in here when I get them and set them up.

I heard that 3d glasses have very low resulution (320x280) maybe new one have 640x480 max wink_o.gif

They don't have any resolution at all.

You watch your screen through them.

here's an email i wrote to edimensional in the hopes of getting a refund:

Quote[/b] ]01/22/05

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received the 3D wired glasses for Christmas as a present, but I've noticed that I haven't been using them since the day or two after getting them. This is due to the fact that the glasses did not really live up to my expectations, and after explaining the problems I encountered with the glasses, I hope you will understand why I feel this way.

The first problem I encountered was getting the glasses to work; it took around 2 hours of looking on the internet, installing drivers, restarting the computer, and testing the glasses before I finally got them to work with some old drivers I found on another website. I followed the installation instructions exactly as detailed, but the glasses did not work until I uninstalled the drivers that came with the glasses and installed the older ones. A forum topic which contains the problem, as well as the solution I eventually found to this problem, can be found here: http://www.stereo3d.com/discus/messages/22/2792.html?1095005664

After I got the glasses to work, the next problem I encountered was getting the 3D to look "right." Eventually I realized that the way the 3D worked was by creating a second camera to the left of the default one. The drawback with this method, I found, was that it required the player to manually change the settings to make objects at different distances look 3D. For example, when I played my helicopter game Vietnam Medivac, I had to have the 3D setting down if I wanted the cockpit to look 3D, but doing so made everything outside of the helicopter look 2D. If I wanted everything outside to look 3D, the inside of my cockpit was seperated into 2 images, whose distance from each other grew as the "focus" of the 3D went further and further away from me. The same thing happened when I played Operation Flashpoint, the game for which I primarily purchased these glasses. When I wanted the soldiers 20 feet from me to look 3D, I had to deal with having 2 flickering images of my gun on the screen, while if the 3D was adjusted to make the gun look 3D everything else looked 2D. This problem was a huge let-down for me, as I was really hoping that I would be able to just slip on the 3D glasses and play, without having to fuss with all the options every time I wanted to have something look 3D.

The last problem I encountered was also very disappointing, and made playing with the glasses impossible for any great length of time. My computer's monitor runs at a maximum refresh rate of 85 hertz, which is above the 70 hertz suggested on the 3D glasses website. I was not, however, aware that this refresh rate would be cut in half when I played games in 3D; the constant flickering of the refreshing monitor while I played games with 3D was a real annoyance, and made my eyes sore after any extended period of time (greater than 10 minutes). Had I known that the refresh rate would be cut in half when the glasses were on, I would have waited until I had a 160 hertz monitor before trying the glasses.

In conclusion, I really was excited about getting these glasses for Christmas, because they do sound really good on paper and they did receive compliments from many people (I first heard about the glasses on BIS's forums, and they did write that the glasses were the "only way to experience OFP"). Unfortunately, these glasses turned out to be less than I expected, and less (in my opinion) than was advertised. I think that the way they work is very impressive, and if I was rich I would not be writing this letter right now, but I only received 3 presents for Christmas this year, the other 2 being clothing, and I can't help but feel cheated. I'm sorry that I'm writing this, and I feel terrible talking about how disappointed I am with these glasses, but $70 is a lot of money, and I can think of many other presents I would have preferred to receive (knowing what I know now about the 3D glasses) for that cost. So on that note, I would like to know of any type of refund that would be available to me (or my mother, considering she purchased it), and how I could go about obtaining it.

Sincerely,

Pablo

it turns out i was over the 30 day limit, so i didn't get the refund; i still have 'em, but haven't really used them since. i'll try using them again today to remind myself of what it's like, but then i predict they'll go back on the shelf for a long time. whatever, no regrets smile_o.gif.

Edited by .pablo.

About stuff in a cockpit looking 3D then things outside looking like 2 images: this is normal, you need to do exercises with your eyes to learn how to focus and bring the 2 external view images closer together and then into 1. It is simply physically different then looking around in the real world, and that is why you need to "work" at it to focus the images.

The rest, they should definately put a warning somewhere that refresh rates may be cut in half, and that you will get shadowing at high refresh rates. (phosphor is what it is...)

I'm a veteran 3D glasses user and here's what I can say about them:

On CRT - incredible! Things really look impressive and real, you can literally reach out with your hands and try to grab them. The monitor really seem to have depth and objects inside there are at the various depths. I have played the entire OFP and Morrowind as well as numerous other games in full 3D though them.

On LCD - sometime this year (2005) my old CRT finally gave out, so I had to buy an LCD monitor because there weren't anymore CRT on sale at the local computer stores. Along with this, I purchased an LCD-capable pair of 3D Glasses. However I am disappointed with them. The effect, although still pretty convincing in terms of depth perception, things just look... blurry. On LCD, the drivers had to be put into Interlaced Mode, so things just looked much much darker, fainter, blurry. I was so disappointed that I uninstalled the glasses and put them away sad_o.gif There was, for example, very limited ways to adjust stereo properties, eg convergence, backplane etc... hence while there may be some stereo effect, it is not as "WOW OMG WTF" as on a CRT.

I got mine today.

I use TFT....

VERY DISSAPOINTED!

I'm returning them next week. I hate them, they suck. They are not compatible with LCD at all. They say it is, don't believe them.

Sure you might be able to get it to look somewhat 3D, if you add alot of immagination. But the game get completely unplayable.

It flickers and you get graphic glitches.

Flashpoint didn't even work at all. A blue flash moves over the screen, and there is no 3D what so ever.

This really really sucks! Luckily, at the store they promises and amazing experience.

There was none so there will probably not be any problems getting the money back.

Man... this was some serious garbage.

Tried that... didn't work.

Oh hang on....

No..

Didn't work.

I love ´em!...it´s not really plug and play, but worth it if you want to experience something cool.

I´ve had mine for quite som time and i was not impressed at first.

My 22in CRT didnt work at first so i had to use my 17 @75hz, but after i found a manual sync program i got my Vision master 22inch to work at 1600x1200/100hz...and my eyes had gotten used to focusing on both close and far objects.

I say you have to give them some time/setup, but after you have "trained" your brain to accept the effects it´s soo cool.

A few tips..

-Darker room is best

-It takes time to be able to use the deeper settings

-raise gamma as the "shades darken the screen a little

-relax your eyes, accept the input and take the red pill

-a setting at 150-170hz is best for lower resolutions

The hing is that it doesn't work playable at a TFT monitor. I know it's supposed to work on CRT.

They say it works fine on TFT. It's a lie.

If I had CRT I bet it would be cool.

i dont think so, im not spending 600$ on a PC game, dont tell me its an official simulator, i know that, but im not spending 600$ on a game when i could spend that much money and go to another country for a vacation confused_o.gif

i dont think so, im not spending 600$ on a PC game, dont tell me its an official simulator, i know that, but im not spending 600$ on a game when i could spend that much money and go to another country for a vacation confused_o.gif

What?

What?

He doesn't wants to buy glasses because allot of games don't support it, meaning he'll only spend $600 ($150 to 300 actually) on those glasses smile_o.gif .