Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Nope.

You have to DL the entire 41mb package for this to work.

This is the pre-condition.

Later addons can be DL'd individually, but they won't work without the first (big) pack.

So have patience downloading, or do it at a friends place or at work on a good connection, then burn it on a CD...(what I did before I had cable).

By the way, could you please provide the community with classnames? That would make life much easier, we could put guns into ammowagons so that the player may select the weapon of his choice.

And the weapon of their choice would be the spencer rifle anyway lol nener.gif

Nope, buddy. Whitworth and Enfield are guns that you can hit with. And the sidearm... Well, the LeMat of course!

But EVEN if they would want to have that spencer crap, they should be allowed to play as rebels at the same time.

Hmm I'm making a pretty interesting assasination mission currently, where you must get over a guarded bridge and shoot the enemy general. It's all about running fast, meleeing, running fast, avoiding fires, running fast, avoiding enemy patrols, running fast, timing your actions and planning your escape route wisely. And whatever the route is, run fast. I've put some interesting stuff in like if the guard yells for help (which he will do when he notices you) his friends come and look for him. And when the target has been shot, one guy goes lighting fires and guard the end of the bridge. Quick but someone might find it challenging.

[we could put guns into ammowagons so that the player may select the weapon of his choice.]

Dynamite_cow did you check out the 2 Rifle crates in the camps near the ammo wagons?

I want the gatling GUN!

I very much hope its released soon

also i enjoy making the units careless and marching staright at the enemy. The confederate cowards always fore first but the union line keeps on marching forward into the hail of lead and cannon shell. It looks great you just make them combat stance when they reach close and they naturally stand in their lines and fire at the very close targets

BTW has anyone noticed the union stand closer together without veering off tham the confeds do

No idea why

also I notice that if i make a line of troops behind another line the second like always wanders round the side. I dunno if there is a way to stop this

good work guys!

Well...

Gatling has been done long ago.

But there is still a problem with animating the barrels...

CWGating.jpg

u cannot just modify BAS's minigun animation and slow it down.

Asking permission of course

We can and we did, but another problem arises when the barrels revolve...when it's fixed the gun will be released.

What about that jamming script you promised? rofl.gif

Hmm the napoleonic pack now has animated 4 crew cannons and working cavalry... I suppose you will have that in the next release? After all, without the CWMOD there propably wouldn't be a new Napoleonic pack.

Im also agree with the idea of shaking as opposd to horrific inaccuracy asa it means those who play longer can build up a skill at fighting with the muskets as opposed to everyone having the same chance

this means practice will pay off

BTW I am turning 16 and i Wanna but a real steal firing musket does anyone have any UK links where I could get one?

A spingfield would be best but a brown bess or anyt hing of that type would be nice

Oh and also I am working on a Brown Bess musket if you want it for millita or something like that

I think a Brownbess would look good with a rebel soldier - like almost any gun of the era.

I made a Brown Bess musket and a Kantuckee rifle but the brown bess bayonet does not work for some reason.

It seems some success has been achieved in fixing the Gatling problem (thanks to ProfT's magic). If the final tuning goes well it should come with the next release...

thumbs-up.gif

I made a Brown Bess musket and a Kantuckee rifle but the brown bess bayonet does not work for some reason.

Can y'all send me them?

Let's have a look and get them workin'.

Can the horses move like your avatar and not have a pink maine please...

the pennsylvania ( tounge2.gif ) rifle looks good, but for the bess, you should remove the barrel band, and the rear sight (the front sight wasnt a sight at all but a bayonet lug. Thats why its make ready, present; not ready, aim...)

here's a good pic of the bess

and the lock

and the lock

oh, and since there are flintlocks being made, any possibility of a charleville?

keep up the great work!

Well here is another i just sent the boss man

10 pound Howitzer in game

gcs0329_(600_x_450).jpg

10 pounder on the Chickamauga battlefield

10pdhowitzer_(480_x_480).jpg

@tsalagikola and odakenshin: can't see a thing... it says remote linking is forbidden.

Works fine here? smile_o.gif

I wrote Placebo to see if it was forbidden because i have been doing it along time he must be asleep. help.gif

@tsalagikola and odakenshin: can't see a thing... it says remote linking is forbidden.

Works fine here?  smile_o.gif

Now, it's fix...

Hmmm...

Before people were saying there's enough weapons available, now all of a sudden more are required...

Well...then I suppose we'll have to add a weapon expansion pack to the next release. A couple more cannons, a couple more guns, etc...

Can the horses move like your avatar and not have a pink maine please...

CWMOD has not released any horse yet.

When we do, we hope to animate it more realistically.

And colours should be pretty natural too.