Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

LOL.... the winter was so bad the french had to resort to recruiting snowmen.

Merry Christmas to all.........

bigus

howdy ho

over here it 430pm n its christmas day, n civil war hasnt been released yet bt i spose all u guys r on some other country sleepin n stuff huh owell pls release it sonnnnnnnnnn man this is gonna b a wiked mod

It should be released in a few days like Triglav said.

Quote[/b] ]I'll wait till the last moment, but otherwise should release it sometimes these days (as 'before christmas' didn't mean 'before christmas 2006'

Yeah guys...sorry for the delay...but there's a bunch of small details to do when you're releasing stuff...

README files (which noone reads anyway crazy_o.gif ),

updating the CWMOD page with new pictures and descriptions (which noone reads either),

packaging, folder fixing, last minute fixes (though I'm sure the moment when we release I'll be flooded with bug report mails...), etc.

Anyway...last year we worked hard to get it out by Christmas, but it ended up coming out on December 28th.

I'll do my best to be before that date this time, but as I also have friends & family Christmas obligations I cannot spend 10 hours daily working on this...

I'm sure you understand.

Merry Christmas to you all! xmas_o.gif

I'll do my best to be before that date this time, but as I also have friends & family Christmas obligations I cannot spend 10 hours daily working on this...

WHAT? You're not working over christmas? Friends and family? Huh? Your best friend is Oxygen, stick to it!

tounge2.gif

Ah well, merry chistmas. As long as you'll include the classnames of the guns and units in the readme, me is happy. And oh yes, I'm too lazy to un-pbo the mod and check it out myself.

Oh man...adding all the class names for all the men and weapons and ammo will take me another couple of days work...but I can see why this could be useful for mission makers.

Sorry, this might be asked before, but I don't want to check over 100 pages, so will there be a new campaign or continuation to the old campaign in new version?

Right now it's not there, sorry.

Pickett who made G'burg Day 1 has retired from OFP.

When v.1.2 is out, y'all are welcome to make missions and campaigns and put them up for people to use.

That's a pity but I understand. I'll also hope that there will be lots of campaigns and missions for this great mod! wink_o.gif

...err sure, but are you yellow-livered scums able to hold a yank brigade alone with a revolver?

Heh.

I'm able to hold them with a toothbrush! A used one too! tounge2.gif

There are missions for the Chickamauga Island. And when the new stuff comes out I will make more. I may even start a whole campaign for the area battles, don't know yet. and the reason I made the Chickamauga area my family fought and some died in the battle and I know every inch of the battlefield because I have been there many times and lived up the road from there.

Our website has already been more or less updated with the new stuff.

Go check out and read up a bit on the Units in the Addons section, the Weapons, the Artillery.

I've put weapon and ammo classnames in there, but don't have time to put unit classnames, there's simply too many of them...

Also lots of useful info int here on how to use bayonets, how to make cannons fire cannister, etc.

Well the units' classnames aren't really as important as the ones of weapons (and the script inits too), but they'd be nice for scripters I bet.

OH MY DEAREST GOD, I went to the downloads page and saw a nice red text "Click 'ere to download" and almost got a heartattack, then noticed it was not a link... Argh!

Well thanks for the classnames, and a headache for lookin' at those new guns.

The use is not scripted.

Fixing it is.

So the laggy soldier-looks-for-enemy-to-attack script, multiplied by the number of soldiers in a battle, is no longer slowing up gameplay.

BTW...CWMOD v.1.2 has been sent to OFP.info tonight.

Expect it posted there anytime now, which will effectively mean it's released.

AH, GREAT NEWS. Thx for all of the hard work Triglav and the CW Mod team.

confused_o.gif Now, if we could just get the guys over at OFP.info to post it. LOL, j/k

Oh sweet. This is one of my favorite mods in OFP so I'll definitely be looking forward to this update..... keep refreshing OFP.info page on my browser... come on....come on...

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Rapidshare? Please, the wait is killing us...