Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

hey... one q... how did you get the flag to wave?

ProfT did his magic. biggrin_o.gif

actualy, if i remember correctly Lean bear cracked the codes and sent it over to you guys... does AGP ring a bell?

Sorry, i misunderstood...(must go back to school to perfect my english...) : it's just a modification of the Proxy Flag of the unit. And a script.

Quote[/b] ]actualy, if i remember correctly Lean bear cracked the codes and sent it over to you guys... does AGP ring a bell?

What does this mean ?

[must go back to school to perfect my english] make sure you learn Southern English so i can understand too thanks

i just had to say something

hey fellas, I was thinking, wouldnt be really easy to implement the 54th or 52nd (cant remember which) Massachussetts regiments led by Col Shaw? Just retain all the uniforms but set the faces to all black and voila...fort wagner here we come! pistols.gif

Actually I have already made a couple of colored volunteers.

Will be released with the next Addon pack (soon)!

About the names on the website:

Quote[/b] ] ...and others

Covers a whole lot tounge2.gif

Ok, here's a little update on what's in the works...

Union

NewUnion.jpg

Early war 1st Minnesotta Volunteer, US Marine, US Marine Sergeant, 1st South Carolina Colored Volunteer Sergeant, 1st SC Colored Volunteer

Confederate

NewConfederate.jpg

Arkansas and Texas infantry (Hood's Texas Brigade), Army of Tennessee infantry, generic summer dress, early war Virginia infantry

A few issues have been optimized for better performance in these units, otherwise they're basically very historic guys, based on Troiani's paintings and other sources.

...more to come soon.

Hello again I just just finished Reading

Mother May you never see the sights I have seen

by Warren Wilikinson Highly recommend it to you all

still trying to learn to script...

Best wishes and those models are looking good Trigalv

Civil war news

A sad day

Novelist and historian Shelby Foote, whose Southern storyteller's touch inspired millions to reads his multivolume work on the Civil War, has died. He was 88.

Foote died Monday night, his widow, Gwyn, said Tuesday.

Foote, a Mississippi native and longtime Memphis resident, wrote six novels but is best remembered for his three-volume, 3,000-page history of the Civil War and his appearance on the PBS series "The Civil War."

He worked on the book for 20 years, using a flowing, narrative style that enabled readers to enjoy it like a historical novel.

"I can't conceive of writing it any other way," Foote once said. "Narrative history is the kind that comes closest to telling the truth. You can never get to the truth, but that's your goal."

That work landed Foote a leading role on Ken Burns' 11-hour Civil War documentary, first shown on the Public Broadcasting Service in 1990.

Foote's soft drawl and gentlemanly manner on the Burns film made him an instant celebrity, a role with which he was unaccustomed and, apparently, somewhat uncomfortable.

Damn I have that book as well the first one anyway

Fort sumter to Perryville

notworthy.gif

This is really sad.

I admire his work a lot, he had the rare gift talking history without taking side or offending anybody.

His broad perspective on the issiue as well as his ability to point out the often (deliberately) overlooked facts puts him in line with Bruce Catton.

Nobody studying the war between the states should bypass his books.

May he rest in peace, for he did the world great service.

Godspeed,

Pickett

What a shame. It was always a pleasure to watch and hear Mr Foote hold forth on the subject of the Civil War and regale us with some lovely little anecdotes. It's a shame that his work was overlooked by everyone but the Historical Community until after the Ken Burns film. He may have been uncomfortable with his burgeoning popularity, but he may have appreciated the recognition from so many of his fellow citizens, Northern & Southern, after featuring on that seminal documentary.

This Summer I really will have to go buy the 3 volumes of the Narrative, then re-read them and re-read them.

A sad day indeed.

I'm currently reading the third volume

and will probably start on volume 1

again after that. And then watch

Kb's Film in the meantime.

bigus

Read about this on Bull Run forum earlier.

Rest In Peace Mr.Foote.

If you managed to get a bunch of us Europeans interested in American Civil War (as if we didn't have enough wars of our own), you must have done a good job!

Ok, here's a little update on what's in the works...

Union

Early war 1st Minnesotta Volunteer, US Marine, US Marine Sergeant, 1st South Carolina Colored Volunteer Sergeant, 1st SC Colored Volunteer

Confederate

Arkansas and Texas infantry (Hood's Texas Brigade), Army of Tennessee infantry, generic summer dress, early war Virginia infantry

A few issues have been optimized for better performance in these units, otherwise they're basically very historic guys, based on Troiani's paintings and other sources.

...more to come soon.

Those look pretty nice. But when can we expect our cavalry? banghead.gif

Also, does bayonetting repeatedly still get you stuck in the ground?

@deathsai

Can you please edit the pics out of your quote?

No, bayoneting will not get you stuck anywhere anymore when the new system will be released.

An' cav'ry is a' comin' too. The new model of a horse has been animated, now we need to get it nicely textured, fix the rider's anim and it'll be more or less ready to charge!

Glad to hear horses are on the way. Time to saddle up as General Nathan Bedford Forrest and wreak havoc out West someplace wink_o.gif.

Finally got the Mod working (previously I always copied the Addon files into the Res/Addons folder) and I'm shocked! That haunting violin solo fills the room with a melancholy air! And then I think of Shelby Foote. Oh well, I'll go kill some Confederates for him now.

Looking forward to the Chatanooga Island and Campaign.

Glad you like it now you got it working. smile_o.gif

Not reading the instructions is a common mistake of mod users.

PainDealer do you ever check your emails

sure, why? did I miss something?