Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

there was a sword pistol combination in the beta.

Yeah, but we abandoned that concept because of complaints that it doesn't look good.

Besides...like I said...the whole sword thing was mainly ceremonial in CW. Very little sword fighting ever actually took place, as officers were armed with a revolver, much more deadly than a sword.

Mike I am guessing you had those soldiers as individuals, spaced just far apart that they'll fire?

Hello,

I've tried to make soldiers attacking you with a sword and it works !!!! biggrin_o.gif

The soldiers use the same scripts as the bayonet script (without the fix and remove bayonet scripts), and they attack you the same way ! Moreover I put the modified script in my sword.pbo, and as there is no "fix sword" order, there is nothing to put in the init line of units.

I've used the "katana" sword of the samuraÄ released a few times ago (which isn't very good but it was a try), and the cw union infantry officer, and this guy shoots at me with his colt and then, when close to me enough, chooses his sword and killed me. That was nice !

As the sword is the same weapon class as a riffle, soldiers with riffles cannot use it (cause they can't have two riffles), and when soldiers "put the riffle on their back", it looks quite strange (is it possible to "hide" the sword when they do that ?).

I think I remember that you've got a sword somewhere in the cw team ? If so, could you send it to me ?

i did the same, also added a block function...

too bad the guy "locked up" if he survived after blocking..

(i think i might be able to fix it, altough i cant be arsed to.. tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Besides...like I said...the whole sword thing was mainly ceremonial in CW. Very little sword fighting ever actually took place, as officers were armed with a revolver, much more deadly than a sword.

Yes, its probably true but it's fun anyway in "melee" battles, and we could use other kinds of weapon (axes, knives like indians did...) easy to do because the script takes care of the dammage. But maybe this is more a "middle age" idea ! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] did the same, also added a block function...

too bad the guy "locked up" if he survived after blocking..

Maybe it's because the bayonet scripts "setdammage" of the target to 1 everytime, which could be maybe modified.

Maybe it's because the bayonet scripts "setdammage" of the target to 1 everytime, which could be maybe modified.

well, i think it might be easy to fix...

but hell, melee fighting in OFP has always been shitty... tounge_o.gif

Yes those soldiers are spaced out with out a group If you cant do this because the second row keeps moving away, then All you need to do is in the editor grab the second row and move them in front of the first row then it will work. I tried having three but didnt work I will practice some more on how to do this.

the Gaucho is a typical Cowboy of south of my country

ps..sorry for my bad english

i found a 6shooter and a lemat model in 3ds..but whem i open in O2..the are big..i dont make a real scale for ofp handgun...somebody could help me please?  smile_o.gif

A LeMat will be included in the release that's to arrive anytime now (just waiting for ofp.info to set up hosting the file). It is configured to have nine .41 cal bullets and one .63 cal shotgun burst. A mean machine indeed.

Wlemat.jpg

Go see our CW page and check the Addons. All new units, weapons and objects are introduced there.