Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

I have a mission that simulates these tight formations to a degree... where can I upload it? smile_o.gif

Hi

I have a dedicated server and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining it sunday evening for a big battle? The mission is for up to 10 players.

I live in the UK and would start it at 8pm UK time, so you will have to work out your local time from that.

I will post the server details here tomorrow evening if anyones interested let me know?

Neal

Download the mission here

http://www.magames.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

8pm GMT? Ahh, it's 10pm here and i gotta wake up early. Any chance it could be like.. 6pm GMT?

I have a mission that simulates these tight formations to a degree...  where can I upload it? smile_o.gif

Mail it to me. I can put it to our page if its good.

Ohh my god this is one of the best mods out there. I downloaded it for Miles tegs mission. I havnt even started downloading his mission and I love it. I had a brief 2 groups on 2 and that was the best fun in years. You guys are the best wink_o.gif And I'm looking forward for more realease from you guys.

Well finaly got some of the pics of my fort up, its still in the building process but let us know what you all think.

cheers

ps.this is my first major thingy iv done for ofp

fort1.jpg

fort2.jpg

fort3.jpg

fort4.jpg

Looks nice.

Test it severely by firing cannons at the wall.

I tried that with that other fort here and walls turned over after a few hits. WHich is rather unrealistic...

I made a mission for the mod. Its my first one. I just gotta check somethings then I will send it to you. wink_o.gif

*Edit*New Mission Here

Looks nice.

Test it severely by firing cannons at the wall.

I tried that with that other fort here and walls turned over after a few hits. WHich is rather unrealistic...

Ill test hitting the walls with a cannon today. About cannons, im having trouble placing them on the gun posistions on the walls, they a placed up there but because the fort is on a hill, they point up as if they were flat on the hill and not on the wall if you get what i mean?

is there anything i can do to fix this because it looks stupid pointing up with half of it in the air, and the gunners feet melted into the wall!

Hi

I've made an update to my mission. You can get it from my webpage.

The Artillery player can now Deploy Cannons! The amount of cannons you get depends on the amount of flags you control, so grab some flags then setup on a nice hill somewhere smile_o.gif

Neal

HI!

Do you guys know are those gavin cowboy units released?

i need them.

Do you guys know are those gavin cowboy units released?

Project is more or less ''on ice'' (meaning not much is being done on it atm).

I'm running a dedicated sever of my mission tonight at 6 GMT anyone wanting to join should goto multiplayer then click on remote and enter 82.34.82.254 for the IP address and then click connect.

Check the instructions and download the mission here:

So we use the newer or the older version?

Hi thanks to the guys that turned up for the mission. It think it worked really well, and was a good laugh. I'm working on a newer version of the mission with some improvements. I'll update my website soon. And organise another battle.

Well, here's a little update on what's going on.

Lo-res LODs are almost done for all units.

Performance up.

Lo-res LODs are done for all guns.

Performance up.

Shadows have been enabled for all units and weapons.

Performance down  tounge_o.gif (luckily you can turn this off).

Units have 60 rounds of ammo now. Hooray!

CW era binoculars have been made.

Custom CW GUI (game menu) with a nice campfire scene and music is made.

A Lorenz 1854 musket has been added.

READ ABOUT WEAPONS HERE

And a couple of units have been changed, and a couple more added (the requested VMI cadet is standing next to the flagbearer).

addons1a.jpg

...based on these pictures...

VMI CADET AT NEW MARKET

VMI CADETS REENACTORS

So...it's coming along nicely.

Regards,

Triglav

Right, I'm really looking forward to the release of this update.  I remember from an earlier post that the aiming of the muskets has been improved, too, which with the increased ammo will make these very nice.  The units look nicer, too!  This whole mod is primo!  Excellent!  The most innovative gameplay since Operation Flashpoint has been released!

I most like the first and second Confederate units from the left, but the third and fourth with their slouch hats have that un-uniformed appearance so typical of many Confederate soldiers! A great lineup.

ya thanks miniroll the game was a blast!

i think wade is aware of the bayonet addaction

problem but i was wondering if any of the reb players

also noticed that with the confederate officer

that none of their units could fix bayonets?

i've had this problem before but not sure if its

a conflict on my comp? they can fix bayonets if

it's any other unit but not the officer unit!

bigus