Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

The Avon Lady's "Pigs Can Fly" Campaign

I'm having a first go at this and it seems very impressive...the music files add alot to the experience. Many thanks.

So far one bug and it may be my addon mess again.

I'm getting the following message during gameplay:

missing addons: gmr_crater

any idea what this might be?

I'm having a first go at this and it seems very impressive...the music files add alot to the experience.  Many thanks.

So far one bug and it may be my addon mess again.

I'm getting the following message during gameplay:

missing addons: gmr_crater

any idea what this might be?

That has something to do with Goldmember Explosion Mod. I assume you're running a big mod, like EECP or Y2K3. One or bot of those make use of GM's old effects. If not, then you've installed GM's effects yourself.

In any case, it's not my headache. tounge_o.gif

Yep, I'm using the excellent Y2K3 mod. So are you saying I need an older version that what the Y2K3 installer created? If so, I've spent 20 mins on the web trying to locate a link without success.

Does anyone know of a possible download source?

So are you saying I need an older version that what the Y2K3 installer created?

I'm saying you should go to the Y2K3 thread and ask about this problem there - not here.

Pappy will eventually pop around there to give you a helping hand. wink_o.gif

As I was saying, Avon, Green Only is probably more realistic, as the Air Force in Alaska (where everything is often white) always used the green paint scheme on their A-10's.

I just played this campaign . . . and really, Avon, I have to give you my respect! It's fantastic, there's a lot of athmosphere because of the music and radio chatter. I just noticed a few timing bugs like in the last mission, where I shot down the flanker and 10 minutes after the radio message "Hostile aircraft approaching from NE" appeared biggrin_o.gif

But other than that, really great mission pack with an amazing introduction into the situation, I only was a little disappointed when it was over smile_o.gif

I hope you'll make more campaigns of this quality, I enjoyed it a lot (had to laugh when I found myself under "Scripting consultants" biggrin_o.gif )

All three thumbs up!

I waited for the green A10 version

now I have both Tunguska and Adats loaded, but I'm getting a missing addon "dkm_mod" warning that makes the campaign freeze

I waited for the green A10 version

now I have both Tunguska and Adats loaded, but I'm getting a missing addon "dkm_mod" warning that makes the campaign freeze

That sounds like an addon configuration error, where something of DKMs is conflicting with other addons or vice versa. I had this ages ago and reported it on some ancient DKM thread, maybe for the MI28.

To prove this, create a mod folder with only the addons required for the Pigs Can Fly campaign and I bet the problem will disappear. This is assuming you haven't piled all of your other unofficial addons into \Res\Addons, because in that case the conflict will continue even when running from the new mod folder.

When you say the campaign is freezing, do you mean OFP is freezing? Do you have to reboot? Or can you click OK on the error message box and continue? Or do you drop back to OFP's main menu?

hmm, indeed, I loaded my full DKM addon folder. If I put the two required DKM addons in my "pigs" addon folder, the cutscene shows properly.

but the campaign itself still freezes at the loading screen of "Time Hack:". OFP itself seems to hang, I barely managed to get out by a lot of alt-tabbing.

I have seen only cutscenes so far, & I like what I have seen so far, I really would want to play this crafted mission editing work, but it seems once more addons are ruining the experience. (I have all my addons sorted in folders btw.)

do you use some scripts internal to that Diesel A-10 thing, or can I replace them by standard BIS A-10?

hmm, indeed, I loaded my full DKM addon folder. If I put the two required DKM addons in my "pigs" addon folder, the cutscene shows properly.

but the campaign itself still freezes at the loading screen of "Time Hack:". OFP itself seems to hang, I barely managed to get out by a lot of alt-tabbing.

Very strange. Try running the first mission, Hog Heaven, by using the "CAMPAIGN" SP cheat.

Could it be that you just have to be patient and wait longer when the TIME HACK message appears? Let it run for a minute or 2 and see what happens.

Quote[/b] ]do you use some scripts internal to that Diesel A-10 thing, or can I replace them by standard BIS A-10?

There are some internal references here and there. But ther OFP and DSL A-10 have different weapons layouts and they count in most of the missions.

Let's see if we can work this out before panicking. smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

OK, I got it sorted out now by reading the Winter Nogojev readme.

Kegepac_snow.pbo should be loaded only when you have Kegetys' Russian weapon pack installed, otherwise: kick it out!

the Time Hack briefing now shows immediately

hehe, I started panicking because I started playing this mission at 7:40 am, it's now 9:49 am and I finally get to play some OFP today but my boss is waiting ...

hehe, I started panicking because I started playing this mission at 7:40 am, it's now 9:49 am and I finally get to play some OFP today but my boss is waiting ...

Why don't you tell him where he can go? rock.gif

ghostface.gif

Hi,

I have played and testet Your "Pigs can fly" campaign for OPERATION FLASHPOINT MISSION DATABASE and want to thank You for this great work. I think this is what all OFP pilots have been waiting for!

I didn´t have any problems: no CTD`s with the grey A10.

All fine - fantastic work - waiting for more!

S.D.

I think this is what all OFP pilots have been waiting for!

As mentioned in the ReadMe, the campaign's missions are all moderate overhalls of original BIS missions, with only mission "Pig Sty" being a major revision of Resistance SP mission "Rats Nest".

I'm not much of a from-scratch mission maker. There are others here, who are both mission makers and plane enthusiasts, that could create much better plane missions if they dedicated themselves to the task. And it takes a long time to get it all right.

I hope someone else takes the hint and picks up the baton! smile_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback. wink_o.gif

Very sorry for dragging up such an old thread, but this has to be one of the best set of missions I've ever played! The addons are well chosen and the missions make them well worth the download (and though I havn't encountered a function for the ADATS, they do look cool). smile_o.gif

The inflight banter while the SAR takes place is really cool, though the Su27 that makes it through is reported 2 minutes after I've gunned it into the ground.  tounge2.gif

Also, the cutscenes are brilliant, and are well timed with the music. The only things I would comment on are the time the text is on screen (a little too long each time) and the fact that I used the green plane version instead of the grey, which now appears to work. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, its an awesome little campaign and well worth a play.  thumbs-up.gif

You're most welcome, Daniel. Thanks for the review! yay.gif

There is a very simple way to see the ADATS in action in mission Pig Sty but no spoilers will be coming your way from me. No, I'm not referring to firing on them and seeing them put an end to you.

Yes, I had problems with delayed messages. Never figured out what's messing their timing up.

I left the text on the screen for a longer than usual time as a respect to players who are not as fast as many of us in reading English.

They gray A-10 caused problems. It was my preference, too, for most of the missions. Better safe than sorry.