Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

The Avon Lady's "Pigs Can Fly" Campaign

Perhaps someone out there is able to host all the needed stuff in one package.

The problem with these packages are that the moment a new version of any single addon is released, the package is outdated.

True ! But not hopeless ... i said it could be done in 1 - 3 ore more ? Packages ...

And the Internet is fast enough to distribute updates if they are needed.

Hellwig  xmas_o.gif

just downloading all the addons; there are a lot but they look great! Cant you make a pack or something?

Avon, what's the total size of the needed AddOns?  I might be able to host them on my webspace.

Cornhelium, I got your PM. Waiting for your email reply.

just downloading all the addons; there are a lot but they look great!   Cant you make a pack or something?

No-WHINING.gif

Updated the thread's first post. There's your pack!

Also, minor update to campaign mission "Pig Stye".

EDIT: If you've already played the Pig Stye mission (last mission, on Nogova), then don't bother downloading the updated campaign file. Otherwise, I recommend downloading the new version. No other files changed. Aren't you happy there's AMORE? smile_o.gif I wish addon and mission makers would realize these benefits.

thx ,but i have them all already sad_o.gif

No offense, sonny, but I didn't do it especially for you. wink_o.gif

I'm going to be away for about a week and a half. I'll try to pop in every now and then to say hello and make sure that there are no major flukes in the campaign. smile_o.gif

Adios!

Nice campaign biggrin_o.gif

I love the Diesel A10, it's just great flying around with it.

As you've already mentioned, some of the radio sounds are a bit late, and it's quiet exciting to fly and read, because you don't get everything when the missile alarm is turning on again and again smile_o.gif

thx ,but i have them all already sad_o.gif

No offense, sonny, but I didn't do it especially for you. wink_o.gif

I'm going to be away for about a week and a half. I'll try to pop in every now and then to say hello and make sure that there are no major flukes in the campaign. smile_o.gif

Adios!

Man, ANOTHER vacation? See what I mean? biggrin_o.gif

When I start the campaign I have an CTD. I installed the addon pack from file-front. rock.gif

When I start the campaign I have an CTD. I installed the addon pack from file-front.  rock.gif

Read the first post on the thread. There's a note there about CTDs caused by the gray A-10 versions. I suffer from it occassionaly myself.

I'm on vacation right now but I might release an "all green A10" version of the campaign to resolve this problem.

In the meantime, sometimes the CTDs stop after restarting OFP a few times or after rebooting.

thanks for the pack (93.8 meg RAR) ill give it a go ive not done single player in a long time.

I keep getting missing addon errors.

After installing the packs you have on the first post here, I keep getting this error when ofp boots. " addon 'KEGepack_snow' requires addon 'KEGmakarov' "

When the campaign starts I get this error. "mission cannot load: missing addons: kegsnowpile"

The next two cutscenes work fine, no problems. But when I get to the Hog Heaven mission I get this error: "mission cannot load: missing addon kegsuaz" It skips the intro, (I'm assuming there is one?) but the mission itself works okay as far as I played into it.

Any ideas? I'm running 1.96 ofp resistance with y2k3 and dxdll.

I keep getting missing addon errors.

Do you also have Winter Kolgujev Island (Winter Nogojev's predescessor) and/or Kegetys' Winter Vehicles installed in your Addons folder?

If you do, read the installation instructions for Winter Nogojev Island, which the campaign requires, and you learn that the old addons (they're listed) are completely replaced with Winter Nogojev and the old files should be deleted.

Is that the problem? rock.gif

I deleted the keg vehicles addon, didn't solve a thing. I still get exactly the same errors.

Oh, one other thing. For some reason my ofp is funky about loading addons. Like half the missions from the editing contest don't work right because I get a missing bas_kiowapack error. But that file is in the addon folder. I know it is.

Maybe whatever is wrong with that could be making this buggy too? They both have the same symptoms. Cutscenes are unloadable, but the missions themselves run fine.

*sigh*

1. View distance is set up to 2000 meters in missions. If your PC cannot handle it, sorry.

Hi Avon !

When you will i can send you my "Benchmark=Performance Script"

Benchmarking.............................

Why am I not joyous? rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

You can test it here

Regards

Chaos

Maybe whatever is wrong with that could be making this buggy too? They both have the same symptoms. Cutscenes are unloadable, but the missions themselves run fine.

I can only recommend one of two things:

1. Make a separate mod folder just for the addons required by the campaign and see if that resolves the problem. This is assuming that you didn't pile into OFP's original Addons or RES\Adddons folders other addons that might be triggering errors.

or..............

2. Live without the cutscenes, though it's a pity.

Okay, I put all the addons into a seperate "mod" folder and the cutscenes play now but I'm still getting that error about the makarov at startup. (Before the game loads)

Okay, I put all the addons into a seperate "mod" folder and the cutscenes play now but I'm still getting that error about the makarov at startup. (Before the game loads)

I think I've found your problem. From Winter Nogojev's Readme:

Quote[/b] ]If you have the Russian Weapons Pack installed, you can also install "KEGepack_snow.pbo" to the addons directory to get arctic units with the weapons from the russian weapons pack.

So, do one of two things:

1. Deleted file KEGepack_snow.pbo.

Or

2. Install Kegety's Russian Weapons Pack V1.1.

smile_o.gif

Hmmm. The first mission won't load after the intro cutscene. It just loads and when it is done the screen just stays black.

Hmmm. The first mission won't load after the intro cutscene. It just loads and when it is done the screen just stays black.

I'll guess that's another case of the gray A-10 freezing OFP.

Maybe it's time I put out a green-A10-only version to avoid freezes and CTDs. rock.gif

Experiencing CTDs? Try the green-only A-10 version of the campaign:

The Avon Lady's "Pigs Can Fly" Campaign (green A-10s only)

Other than the color of the A-10s, there are no differences between this campaign version and the original one with the gray A-10s.

Note that the campaign's other audio/music files DO NOT have to be redownloadled if you want to use this version of the campaign. That's AMORE! wink_o.gif