Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Brother in Arms

Having played early versions of the game at various press events I can say I will easily buy it. The level of detail (when compared to reality that is, as in, real life locations) is unsurpased.

Weren't you the one beta testing Soldner and saying it was going to be great? wink_o.gif

If it's false what I've heard that BIA's campaign only lasts 10 hours I'd consider buying it based on what I've seen smile_o.gif

Having played early versions of the game at various press events I can say I will easily buy it. The level of detail (when compared to reality that is, as in, real life locations) is unsurpased.

Weren't you the one beta testing Soldner and saying it was going to be great?  wink_o.gif

I think the suckiness of Soldner caught us all off guard there Plac.

I'm sure everyone in beta thought'd all the major bugs would be fixed.

well i saw the trailor and was mildly expressed. But like other ww2 games there wasnt much of a modding community which I'd liked to see. I want a mission editor and want to turn it into a modern shooter with mods. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Weren't you the one beta testing Soldner and saying it was going to be great?

No. I bought the game though and consider it the biggest waste of money ever in my gaming life.

Quote[/b] ]Some people seem to be confused about the term ''scripted''. With scripted I meant having to walk the ''exact'' same way every time you play the game. If I want to see the exact same story play time and time again, I'll just go buy a book (much cheaper as well).

In this case, no, it isnt completely scripted. You can take multiple paths to an objective, but you are still forced to take the same route as the unit did in WW2. Meaning, you can choose to go left or right of certain obstacles, you can choose to go over a field or using hedges for cover. Its still rather limited though, but thats in the nature of things. Since its telling an actual event, it cant be the same freedom we enjoy in OFP (where you basically can attack an objective from any direction, and get there taking any road you want).

It would be nice if they made a feature so it is open...kinda like the Mission Editor. One part of the game you recreate history and the other you just mess around and play the game "open". I hope you understand what Im saying.

Just got to day 3 in this game.

Breakdown so far:

-The commands are very simple to use.

-You only have four commands (suppression, assualt a position, follow me, and go to that position).  

-There are three teams and they are fireteam (suppression), assualt team (use them to flank because they have the smgs and alot grenades), and tank (M5 or Sherman).

-Situational awareness is a interesting concept. It is basically your personal map that has fog on war on. Once you see a enemy in game, a icon pops up on the map shown their position and you could look for ways to flank them.

-You can actually flank the enemy if you use suppression.

-You can turn off your crosshairs and only use your sights.

-To get Authentic mode, you have to beat the game on difficult. From what I heard, Authentic mode is no icons (yes, icons pop in-game once you see the enemy), crosshairs, ally names, and no checkpoints

-The game is rated mature because of the bad language and the enemy tends to lose limbs if hit by grenade frag. or tank cannon.

-You can climb the M5 and use it AA mg (.30 cal). Nothing better than you on top of the M5 firing the it's AA mg while the tank is assualting a MG-42 position or a suppressed position.

-You can take multiple paths (2 ways) to an objective. ( smile_o.gif )

-Your team members can be killed in any of the levels.

The Bad so far:

-NPCs sometimes can get stuck on something sometimes.

-You can climb a tank (from the rear) and throw a grenade in to it once opening the hatch. This was really rare in RL but I guess they put it in for a "cool" effect.

-StG44 is in-game.

-The map (aka situational awareness) has very limited use.

-You team seems to have unlimited ammo.

15/03/2005 (dd/mm/yyyy) was the date.

What have you done? blues.gif

It's out already?  wow_o.gif

Release dates always seem to be catching me off guard these days.

only for XBOX... sad_o.gif

PC/PS2 version will be released at 17 or 18 march...

It's out already?  wow_o.gif

Release dates always seem to be catching me off guard these days.

only for XBOX...  sad_o.gif

PC/PS2 version will be released at 17 or 18 march...

Xbox? But I don't have that sad_o.gif

Why can't they release it at the same time?! mad_o.gif

PS: I have to wait even longer, damn norwegian game stores crazy_o.gifmad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I think I gonna like BIA.

I'm I right when I compare the game with an improved version of Full spectrum warrior in a WW2 setting with more freedom and atmosphere?

But with the same simple interface, commands, etc...

Woo, pay week. Can make up for the lost cash on the following day with paycheck.

Looks like a cool game.

Ah xbox, I don't like aiming with analogs. smile_o.gif I'm waiting for the PC version.

I think I gonna like BIA.

I'm I right when I compare the game with an improved version of Full spectrum warrior in a WW2 setting with more freedom and atmosphere?

But with the same simple interface, commands, etc...

Yeah, it is like FSW but it is simpler and fps.

@ Dec. 18 2004,18:24)]For fuck sakes it would have been fun to play as the germans.

That's because everyone knows from TV that Germans are all evil wink_o.gif

Like I said on another thread, about CoD 2 and some other already released WWII games...

If they want to make some new... Make a WWII game where you play as the Germans.

Or, make a WWI fps game!

Ah xbox, I don't like aiming with analogs. smile_o.gif I'm waiting for the PC version.

Same. I went down to EB Games and pre-ordered it yesterday biggrin_o.gif. I'll be sure to post a review of what I have done so far by next weekend smile_o.gif.

how many soldiers do you get to comand? and are tanks the only vehicles you get to command or are there any Half-tracks, jeeps, or trucks you get you use?.

Or, make a WWI fps game!

Mission one objective:

1)Camp in the trench

Mission two objective:

1)More trench camping

Mission three objective:

1)<s>Do something else than camping</s>Camp

Oh it will be just wonderful!

tounge_o.gif

Or, make a WWI fps game!

Objective 1)

Survive the three hour artillery bombardment.

Objective 2) Pick up a shovel and dug a bigger hole than the one you're in.

Objective 3) survive the eight hour artillery bombardment.

Objective 4) Climb over the wall of your trench and run in that direction.

actually a WWI game could be VERY suspensful and tense, if you were a late war German sturmpionier

imagine infiltrating the enemy trench with the rest of your platoon or company at night, and as the attack is launched you're the first one in the trench, with riflebutts, trench club and grenades at hand.

maybe even an Mp-18

I actually think that would make for a kickass shooter.

mow the tommie down !!! ARG!!! blues.gif

shit! we lost! damn!

shit! we lost! damn!

In war everyone loses...

Another WW2 game that takes place in Normandy sad_o.gif

Good thing I44 is doing Market Garden first smile_o.gif

shit! we lost! damn!

In war everyone loses...

Another WW2 game that takes place in Normandy sad_o.gif

Good thing I44 is doing Market Garden first smile_o.gif

Yeah, it takes place in Normandy but at least they actually put real battles in to it (i.e. Cole's charge, objective xyz, and german counter-attack of Carentan). Also, the last mission is going to remind you of that band of brothers esp. when the germans tried to retake Carentan... smile_o.gif

I would like to point out to Blackscorpion and everyone else that said "not another Call of Duty clone" that Brothers In Arms has realism. Surely you are playing Operation Flashpoint for its realism. Now, someone from another gaming forum told me it looked like Call of Duty when I mentioned Brothers In Arms, so I downloaded the trailer for Call of Duty. The first thing I saw was men running forward while firing their weapons. That is absolutely unacceptable, as anyone who has ever fired a real firearm will clearly grasp.

So, don't be all cool and apathetic and say, "Oh, not another Mowha clone!" You clearly haven't watched the demonstration movie, and probably haven't watched the trailer, either.

I personally think it is going to be much better than Operation Flashpoint and even Operation Flashpoint 2. It's nowhere near as big, of course, but it looks to be far, far more realistic. There'll be no more of these "unique" things that Bohemia Interactive Studios wants to keep in the game, like flying tanks and unrealistic statistics. I confess I've gotten kind of tired of guns that are accurate at all ranges (both mine and the artificial unintelligence's), guns that have nothing approaching realistic recoil especially on fully automatic, one inch shot groupings in general, and two two three rifles that do more damage than fifty calibers.