Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Brother in Arms

A trailer was released at gamespot featuring Brothers in Arms. It looks amazing. I hope the gameplay is as good as the trailer. Hopefully it will stand out from typical shooters. But the trailer is amazing. wow_o.gif You can view it here.Its a bit long but its worth it. What do you guys think about? I hope it will be good.

Looks incrediable. i especially like that bit where the guy in teh church tower gets shot.

The game looks incrediablly imersive. The amount of team work, and compainionship that looks like it is going to be involved in this is amazing.

Emotions from a player is the thing that makes a game. To make you feel as if you are living it, to make you care if you loose a soldier. This looks like it has hit that nail on the head so to say!

To me the graphics looked quite bad, at least not better then CoD:UO. Everything, especially human shapes and weapons seems to be quite square. Of course graphics isn't everything, gameplay is much more important. For example the handsignals were a nice touch, and the tanks seemed capable of some nice moves smile_o.gif

Now let's just hope it is not all pre-scripted sad_o.gif

let's just hope it is not all pre-scripted sad_o.gif

it is. just like every other Wo2 game that wants to put down a film-like atmosphere.

Yeah, it's always so frustrating that you get a "clear the town" objective in most FPSes and surprise surprise, it actually means 'kill every enemy you see along this closed pipe, aka. the main road through the town'. icon8.gif

*sniff* I love OFP sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

It's scripted ? sad_o.gif Ahh it could still be good. I hope.

well, it is based on a TRUE story so you would expect certain things to be scripted. I'm sure it would be enjoyable to say the least biggrin_o.gif

Blaah not interested very much. Cod, moh clone once again. For fuck sakes it would have been fun to play as the germans.

Nothing special.. Every year a game like that comes out with only a few minor graphical improvements.

Well what I heard of it is is a bit special because it has got this tactical element. You can command your squad. I'm certainly interested into that. Something different from the run and kill everything games ;)

@ Dec. 18 2004,18:24)]For fuck sakes it would have been fun to play as the germans.

That's because everyone knows from TV that Germans are all evil wink_o.gif

Yet another ghost train game where the only thing you get to decide is the manner you kill your enemies, blah.

The graphics seem slightly better than Call Of Duty, for example. Nothing revolutionary.

Commanding a squad sounds nice but there's still that scripting-around-every-corner feeling, from the way it looks.

How many of these can people buy? rock.gif

How many of these can people buy? rock.gif

Well, one lucky thing is that it's not from EA, so the prospect of having to buy an expansion 2 months after the original is small tounge_o.gif

I'll just wait until other people have it, and when they say it is pre-scripted to death, I will steer very much clear of it wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]well, it is based on a TRUE story so you would expect certain things to be scripted. I'm sure it would be enjoyable to say the least

Where's the fun in walking the exact same way every single time if you play the game more then once? rock.gif

With some element of OFP like freedom of movement and playable tanks and other vehicle in SP, this game would rule. sad_o.gif

Where's the fun in walking the exact same way every single time if you play the game more then once? rock.gif

With some element of OFP like freedom of movement and playable tanks and other vehicle in SP, this game would rule. sad_o.gif

I disagree on the vehical thingy, if the maps arent close to OPF in size they shouldnt bother imho, better stick with the infantry wink_o.gif . Random placement of enemy a.i. would make the game more enjoyable and replayable, that would be nice.

Never finished moh, only tried CoD's demo's, veery disaponted with H&D2, etc...

Maybe this will become the first SP WW2 fps i may actualy like smile_o.gif .

I wasn't impressed. I did quite enjoy the dancing cellphones advertisement though.

But then again, GamesInformer calls it "The most realistic shooter ever." - whatever GamesInformer is...

Oh, my bad. GameInformer is "The World's #1 Computer & Video Game Magazine".

And I also learned from their website, that the Red Hammer expansion and Game of the Year Edition were both made by Atari!

I sure feel "informed"...

And I also learned from their website, that the Red Hammer expansion and Game of the Year Edition were both made by Atari!

There is difference between a publisher and a maker/creator. BIS made OFP, Codemasters published it.

Although Codemasters was the primary publisher, there were markets where CM was not able to reach. that's where a company named Infogrames took over, and they later changed their name to Atari.

But nonetheless, they should have put some thinking before publishing that.

back on topic:

saw trailer, nice, but that doesn't say much about game play itself. maybe when demo comes out i'll put some interest in it, but at this point i'm highly skeptical if it will be any more that run of the mill COD/MOHAA variant.

Quote[/b] ]back on topic:

saw trailer, nice, but that doesn't say much about game play itself. maybe when demo comes out i'll put some interest in it, but at this point i'm highly skeptical if it will be any more that run of the mill COD/MOHAA variant.

Gameplay footage:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/brothersinarms/index.html

Scroll down to demonstration link and click....  xmas_o.gif Note: the video is a couple months old and has commentary... tounge_o.gif Also, they are playing it on easy to show you the commands... wink_o.gif

IMHO, trailers can't be trusted, they modify the visual quality. remember the MOH tv-trailers with the simulated water effects or the Söldner-trailer where the bodies looked very solid and 3d.

oh - my - god...

Situational awareness, "they implemented that because the player cannot remember all that stuff"

well too bad for those arcade players! mad_o.gif .

didn't they wanted to make the game as "real as possible" ?

jezus the guy just lies down in the MIDDLE of the road! with a MG42 ready to nail him, about 5 soldiers behind the wall, instead of giving the MG gunnner the scare of his lifetime he simply walks back and goes in from another way (getting a man killed). next time let a man who KNOWS what he's doing do the gaming, this was just embarrasing...

"okay that guy is dead because i crossed a dangerous zone without supressive maneuver..."

*player keeps standing upright behind a 30 CM fence shooting slips into anywhere but the enemy*

rock.gif ...

Having played early versions of the game at various press events I can say I will easily buy it. The level of detail (when compared to reality that is, as in, real life locations) is unsurpased. The atmosphere is great. Its extremely fun to lead your two teams, and the interface is really easy and quick to use. Graphics wise, it looks great (played both PC and Xbox and I have no complaints in the graphics department). Sure, some of it is scripted, but since you follow actual historical events, thats no big suprise there.

Sure, some of it is scripted, but since you follow actual historical events, thats no big suprise there.

Some people seem to be confused about the term ''scripted''. With scripted I meant having to walk the ''exact'' same way every time you play the game. If I want to see the exact same story play time and time again, I'll just go buy a book (much cheaper as well).

More freedom of movement, like 2 slightly different ways to get to an objective.

The fact that they are basing it on a real person doesn't mean they have to force the player into that exact role. I'm sure they'll exagerate, and implement stuff the real person never witnessed.