Sign in to follow this  
GoOB

.REC to MP3/WAV?

I don't know if this is befitting the offtopic part of the forums. But I will post it anyway since my google results were ever so fruitless.

Well, I just dragged my behind back home from a conert. Which I recorded (as a direct wish of the band playing) on my MP3 player. The quality was surprisingly very good, and very "listenable".

But what I need to know, is how I convert the recordings, which are in .rec format (which I, have never heard of before!) to easily distributable .MP3 or WAV files?

Iv'e searched sites for codecs, for dBPowerAMP with no success. And a search on the .rec format gets me nowhere.

And at the moment, Goldwave is mocking my sleepyness by being complicated.

crazy_o.gif

Scroll down to the bottom of this page , there is a program supposed to convert the rec format into mp3 or wav.

warning :

i have no idea if this will work for you, i just found this by looking at google.

But considering that this ".rec" seems to be the proprietary sound recording format for those "iriver" products, there are some chances it will work.

Having an iRiver (iHP) myself I'd try it first by simply renaming the file to .wav. Not sure what model you were using, but they normally record to either mp3 or to wav.