Sign in to follow this  
remo

NVA Pack

I am close to finish the upgrade of my "OFP-D" NVA Pack. It will be a mod of the mod, East units turned into NVA ones. Using SEBNAMPACK. I added a few things made 100% from myself : bikes, Sampan, and paddy field. Also a "Radiosaigon" music pack to enable easy implementation of "Nam ambiance" for missions makers. A 20 missions campaign set in IaTrang is also almost completed (briefing/beta test). More details here

NVApack1s.jpgNVApack2s.jpg

NVApack3s.jpgNVApack4s.jpg

NVApack5s.jpgNVApack6s.jpg

NVApack7s.jpgNVApack8s.jpg

NVApack9s.jpgNVApack10s.jpg

NVA-D North Viet-Nam Army Pack v1.1 [27.5 MB]

Sector Charlie Campaign [16.4 MB]

Allright! Your still around, I love your addon packs, cant wait for updates and for your afghan everon.

Its looking great, what weapons will they use? SEB ones? Or are u overhauling those?

Wow, those look great, epsecially that paddy field picture, any release dates yet?

smile_o.gif

sim

Just a suggestion, but you should color the paddy field water a muddy brown. Just use the color replacer tool if you have photoshop cs. If not, I can do it for you if you would like.

Sound cool I think im gonna injoy playing this but the weapons(espicaly the Americans ones from SEB need a big overhaule).

STGN

News from NVA pack

Version V1.0 is packed and ready for release. A light version (28mb) with the pack only and a full version (44mb) with pack+22-MPmissions-campaign-pack+addons-used-in-the-campaign-pack.

Sebnam pack is absolutely needed.

Contents are Here

BUT

as you may see on the screenshots I used (among others) 3 models and textures of the best talented addonmaker in ofp community :

- FDF's Keygetis MIG-21 (I re-colored the original texture, removed scripts and some animations like parachute, and made 2 versions one CAS with rocketpod and one CAP with 4 Atoll + textures' path to be included in a all-in-one "ofpdnva.pbo").

- CSLA Gaz69 and PT-76. I changed the insigna on the gaz and textures' path for both. Removed script and custom annimations for the PT-76.

AND

I know (and understand) some addonmakers can get very furious when someone modify their creations. Particulary from people like me who are far to be as talented as FDF or CSLA team. It was not possible for me to create brandnew Mi21 and PT-76. It would have be useless and stupid to remake it for russian army, but I don't thing that FDF and CSLA are going to make NorthVietnam version of these models. So I tryed to do it.

I hope one understand I'm not stealing these models, and notice that I always put credits&details to all the creators I use the work in this "mod of the mod" pack.

Anyways I won't make this pack avaible as long as I don't get a "OK" from CSLA and FDF. I mailed to some of them and I am waiting for their replies.

Remo

Yeah that's cool.  The important thing is that you emailed them and attempted to contact them for permission.  My Mod is trying to do the same for the CSLA PT-76 and OT-62 models but so far no word from them after several months after several attempts at contacting them.  sad_o.gif  

But hopefully it'll be cool with them as long as you give them proper credits for their work.  Their PT-76 is really fantastic and it would have been very difficult to do better then that one.  

Anyhoo... I'm really looking forward to your release of this pack!  

Your Afghan and North Korea packs are still some of my favorites, although the North Korean pack needs some serious updating.    If you need a fixed SA-6, remember a long time ago I got your permission for my mod to use it?  Well we fixed it up in our addonpack #2 release so that the missile proxies disappear when they are fired (thanks to Col. Klinks tutorial and Calm Terror's hard work).   You're of coarse welcome to use our version as its originally your work anyways.  

We spent alot of time tweaking the accuracy of the SA-6 and the proximity fuze until we felt that we had a reasonably realistic SA-6 missile with around a 80% hit probability on aircraft that don't have flares, and around a 30% hit probability with flare equipped aircraft.  Often the proximity fuze detonates and just dammages the aircraft.  Against non-flare protected helicopters and slow moving aircraft however its fairly lethal.  

If you want I can ask Calm Terror to also fix the SA-2 for this NVA release if you don't have a fixed version already cuz we need a SA-2 also for our Syrian forces.    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LoBoEgyptSA6pic1.jpg

hey, nice stuff, remo.....a one stop resource for the 'Nam campaign at your website. With the advance breaking limitations in ofp1, Nam would make a great conflict and gameplay for ofp. smile_o.gif

Remo,we dont get any mail from you about using our addons.

If you want use our addons and you won´t change models and textures,then there isn´t any problem about using,just give us credits in readme.

@MilesTeg:

Unfortunately we also don´t get any mail.So we aren´t ignore you! wink_o.gif .If you still want to use any our addons,pls PM me.thank you.

Remo,we dont get any mail from you about using our addons.

If you want use our addons and you won´t change models and textures,then there isn´t any problem about using,just give us credits in readme.

@MilesTeg:

Unfortunately we also don´t get any mail.So we aren´t ignore you! wink_o.gif .If you still want to use any our addons,pls PM me.thank you.

Great ! Thanks you a lot.

The pack is going to be release very soon (FDF gave me a ok too for the use of their mig21)

Remo

Thanks for this great pack, Remo. These bikes are excellent, much more realistic than VC trucks (during daylight that is).

Could you make it so the bikes don't show up on the radarscreen of aircraft ? It would destroy their advantage to use hidden ways far from normal roads.

Nice work, keep it up !!! biggrin_o.gif

perfect stuff man ...time to saddle up the Ravens and and Sandy's

and run some trail missions

1st post edited to replace the dead pics with new ones <s>stolen</s> borrowed from Ofp.info and download links added.

Moving to A&M:C smile_o.gif

Um...  is the muzzle flash bug and BIS squad logo shown on the pics of the tanks still on the released demo units?  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The field gun for the NVA dosn't have an explosion sound. Meaning, if I fire it at the ground or a tank, there is no explosion sound. There's an explosion, just no sound of the shell striking ze earth.

As well, I get this error when I boot up the PT76:

Quote[/b] ]Cannot load mipmap ofpdnva\pt76\i_det8.pac

Otherwise, I love this pack. It adds what was missing, like real NVA tanks biggrin_o.gif

I just gotta learn how to use them, as in what situation. I am not sure as to how many or how the NVA used tanks during the wars.

I think that BIS-Squad logo and muzzle flash is caused by wrong definitions in CfgModels class.

And msg "Cannot load mipmap ofpdnva\pt76\i_det8.pac" ... I think it is caused by dammaged texture ... maybe changed size of texture.

had fun calling in strikes on the trail ...skymasters and skyraiders out for a night of bustin' trucks with the skyhawks as well

Very nice pack Remo! Good to see more Vietnam units in the game.

Also big thanks to CSLA and FDF Mods for allowing him using their units!