Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

New head model

I started learning 3ds max yesterday so I decided to create a new head for OFP as the original one seems pretty outdated among all the great addons... The work has been going pretty fast and I've already tried it in-game. It has currently 627 faces compaired to the original one which had 290 so it wont be a problem with the LODs included.

It seems to cause a few bugs propably because of some mistake in some of the selections but I'll try to solve it. The face expression anims works better than I had expected but they need some tweaking.

So here's a couple of pics incase you are interested.. For those who seems to recognize him I used Dave Matthews, a little modified though. No special reason.. It was the first good picture that turned up when I was looking for Rolling Stone covers.

dave01.jpg

dave02.jpg

Thanx... You've propably noticed that the ears are missing but I promise you that they will be added tounge_o.gif

Thanx... You've propably noticed that the ears are missing but I promise you that they will be added tounge_o.gif

...you can leave the ears off for a "Chopper Read" addon tounge_o.gif

...anyway, looks great - good to see improvements still being made to various aspects of OFP, nice work smile_o.gif

...you can leave the ears off for a "Chopper Read" addon  tounge_o.gif

...anyway, looks great - good to see improvements still being made to various aspects of OFP, nice work  smile_o.gif

his such a Aussie legand. And know he writes childrens books smile_o.gif

Nice face there LLuma. Didnt even notced the ear missing

wink_o.gif

No ones going to see them on a helmet. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

@Llauma: Haha Check out my sig...

Looks quite good keep up the good work.

Sweet, do the current custom faces fit well or will there be some tweaking required to make them look right?

I am currently thinking of what would be the best way to solve it. With the system OFP uses the side textures are lower resolution than the front which isn't very good. I think I will go for this type of textures which would mean that the current face textures would need to be modified but the result would be alot better.

face_tex.jpg

This would mean that I need to remap the hands so I might end up making new hands.. After all the hands in OFP are terrible. Let's see where I will place the hand textures. Maybe I could skip one of the sides and use the other one for both sides. We shall see...

Maybe someone who knows about scripting could tell me if it's possible to use several types of heads with each head having a few face textures of which one is randomly picked? Maybe the client could even tell somehow which head model should be used with his personal face texture.

One big problem though is how to change all the heads. Unless I don't change all the heads it would turn out bad . It's not hard, it will only take some time. But that's a problem I need to deal with when the head is finished.

how does it work when you talk? does the mouth still animate properly?

i believe our weapons mod (the nice looking mi-26) and iv44 have created there own heads also

I Think mods of this caliber and genre should get together to update several unadressed and pressing issues.

For Example:

> Kegety's reflective texturing

> Master Chiefs Transparent water

> Nemisis6' FlashFX

> Unsungs Converted Trees from BF:V (cos the foliage needs sorting)

> All The Sky addons

> And Anything that adresses' grass and ground texturing.

And with this and nephilim's unified anatomy, flashpoint could get a serious make over! Individually your work is outstanding, I just wonder what it would be like if you all worked together.

Blue Skys

SH

ps. merry fishmas xmas_o.gif

Looks very nice!

I have written a functional script which applies custom faces to a model randomly, and changes this face texture to the appropriate wound/dead texture when the person is shot.

Please contact me at andersgrim@hotmail.com if you are interested.  smile_o.gif

And as an addition, maybe you could modify this program (Was it Kegetys'?) which extracts and re-packs the data.pbo and/or data3d.pbo to add this modified content to all of the soldier models and textures for the standard OFP units.

Hmmm, this combined with UAP Bodies would be great.

Good work, this faces will look cool on standart soldier model too. biggrin_o.gif

@metalchris

does it look stupid?

wouldnt say so....

and wot ur talkign bout combinig with uap bodies?!?!?!

doesnt make any sense to me.. lol

uap has aswell a highly detailed head.....

though its not textured yet...

anyway...

the models looks real good anyoen whos says now plz try it urself its pain it the arse to model such stuff

and let it look good

keep it up llauma and dont stop improving it

cheerio

looking closer at the pics is it just me or does he have a very long face, though it might just be the fact that hes not wearing a helmet that throwing me off  biggrin_o.gif , as nephilim said keep at mate it looks very good

@nephilim

no it does not wink_o.gif

, but Llauma said he made the Facetexture on the pics by himself. Maybe he could show a pic with Victor Troska's Face or so. Just wondering if the model is compatible with setface...