Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

14 year old boy tries to sell bomb

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">McDONOUGH, Georgia (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy accused of bringing a pipe bomb to school wanted to sell it to pay for Christmas presents, but several classmates thought his $35 asking price was too high, the principal said.

The Rev. James West said the boy, whose name has not been released because of his age, wasn't thinking when he brought the bomb to Lake Dow Christian Academy. The academy's roughly 150 students had to be evacuated because of the incident Thursday.

The bomb did not explode.

"He didn't mean any harm, he just did a stupid thing," West told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for its Saturday editions. "Boys are all the time doing stupid things."

The boy has been charged with possession with intent to distribute an explosive or destructive device. His lawyer, Kelley S. Powell, did not return a call from the newspaper seeking comment.

Several other boys at the school told their parents about the bomb, and they alerted the school. Police were soon called in. Police searched the boy's home and found two unfinished pipe bombs.

What a nutter. You don't sell bombs to pay for Christmas presents crazy_o.gif. Thank god it didn't detonate on accident or something. That would've been terrible sad_o.gif.

You don't sell bombs to pay for Christmas presents crazy_o.gif.

thanks for telling me that NOW! dry.gif.

no really, that was just weird, where the hell did he get the bomb? or made it himself? crazy_o.gif

Apparently he amde it himself, as there were unfinished bombs that were found in his room when the police searched it wink_o.gif

I guess it's not hard to do a pipe bomb if you have shotgun shells at home which I'm pretty sure he made them from.

Quote[/b] ]"He didn't mean any harm, he just did a stupid thing," West told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for its Saturday editions. "Boys are all the time doing stupid things."

Hello?? I think there is a huge difference between being a poor little boy doing stupid things like every other and BUILDING A PIPE BOMB and actually trying to sell it crazy_o.gif

This world is really fucked up

Quote[/b] ]"He didn't mean any harm, he just did a stupid thing," West told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for its Saturday editions. "Boys are all the time doing stupid things."

Hello?? I think there is a huge difference between being a poor little boy doing stupid things like every other and BUILDING A PIPE BOMB and actually trying to sell it crazy_o.gif

This world is really fucked up

You should've seen some of MY creations...

crazy_o.gif

ahh...capitalism at work..... ghostface.gif

seriously, it's scary that this kid found a manual to make one, and also decided to sell one...

Im sure somebody will blame it on computer games eventually...

Bombs are easy to make, Especialy pipebombs wow_o.gif

well, lets not start with that, or we will end up without hands and fingers biggrin_o.gif

You don`t need shotgun shells or other munition to build a Pipebomb. All you need you can get in the Store around the corner. And I agree, don`t let us get to deep in this. We should not post blueprints for bombs.

you think thats bad? read this...

Quote[/b] ]PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 10-year-old girl was placed in handcuffs and taken to a police station because she took a pair of scissors to her elementary school.

School district officials said the fourth-grade student did not threaten anyone with the 8-inch shears, but violated a rule that considers scissors to be potential weapons.

Administrators said they were following state law when they called police Thursday, and police said they were following department rules when they handcuffed Porsche Brown and took her away in a patrol wagon.

"My daughter cried and cried," said her mother, Rose Jackson. "She had no idea what she did was wrong. I think that was way too harsh."

Police officers decided the girl hadn't committed a crime and let her go.

However, school officials suspended her for five days. Administrators will decide at a hearing whether she may return to class, or be expelled to a special disciplinary school.

The scissors were discovered while students' belongings were being searched for property missing from a teacher's desk.

School district officials have promised a crackdown on unruly students this year, and new policies give administrators the power to expel students for infractions as minor as violating the dress code, chronic tardiness or habitual swearing.

Administrators say the steps are needed to regain control over a notoriously unruly school system, but some parents have complained that discipline has been overly harsh and that school officials have been too quick to call police about minor problems.

Thanks God I dont live in America! I wouldnt live a day with such idiots at school.

Thanks God I dont live in America! I wouldnt live a day with such idiots at school.

that makes the mass of people. take the 300.000.000 people around you: i'm sure there are some idiots like at the US schools. wink_o.gif

Just noticed two things about these two articles.

I researched them further and found out the following:

Articles about pipe bomb talks about a Private School in Georgia and seems to indicate that punishment isn't determined yet and "Boys are all the time doing stupid things"

Articles about girl w/ scissors talks about a Public School in Philadelphia where a girl was caught w/ scissors after she was 'searched' for potential items she may have stolen. It doesn't talk about whether or not anything was 'stolen' so I am assuming nothing was stolen. However, it does say she was immediately arrested (wasn't convicted of any crime) yet "She could still face expulsion to a disciplinary school."

I am not one who advocates Private Schools over Public Schools. In fact, I support Public Schools. Yet, here seems to be an example of how those in Private schools get better treatment than those in Public Schools. I've seen it back in my childhood and see it now. is this because Private Schools are better then Public Schools? Probably, but I don't think this is natural.. I think it is simply because Private Schools have been and will always be leeching funds and talented teachers away from Public Schools ultimately refusing a good education and equal treatment to those that are stricken by poverty. All I can say is "that poor unfortunate girl..." sad_o.gif

I once ACCIDENTALY brought a knife to school, I was carrying my dad knife in my coat pocket the day before (a sunday), and wore it to school the next day. But I didnt get cought.

A girl in my town was expelled for something silly like the scissors thing and our community fired the super intendant(sp) over it.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I once ACCIDENTALY brought a knife to school, I was carrying my dads knife in my coat pocket the day before (a sunday), and wore it to school the next day. But I didnt get cought.

I did something worse than that. I was duck hunting the day before school once and left all my gear(shotgun, waders, decoys, shells) in the back of my jeep and went to school. I didnt even realize it untill I got home.  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks God I dont live in America! I wouldnt live a day with such idiots at school.

Why would you say something like that given your location Void?

Void:

Quote[/b] ]Thanks God I dont live in America! I wouldnt live a day with such idiots at school.

Because of a few incidents you wouldn't last a day?  Yeah right, it's not that bad here.  Your biggest threat would be people's xenophobia, not weapons.

Raedor:

Quote[/b] ]that makes the mass of people. take the 300.000.000 people around you: i'm sure there are some idiots like at the US schools.  

Capital letters and proper punctuation are your friends.  I have absolutely no idea what that post of yours is really supposed to mean.

Crash:

Quote[/b] ]...Private Schools have been and will always be leeching funds and talented teachers away from Public Schools...

I have never attended private/religious schools, so I cannot comment personally on their quality of teaching, but in my opinion with my experiences, it's not so much of bad teachers at public schools, don't get me wrong, my high-school has it's bundle of bad ones, but there are a lot of good teachers here.

Crash:
Quote[/b] ]...Private Schools have been and will always be leeching funds and talented teachers away from Public Schools...

I have never attended private/religious schools, so I cannot comment personally on their quality of teaching, but in my opinion with my experiences, it's not so much of bad teachers at public schools, don't get me wrong, my high-school has it's bundle of bad ones, but there are a lot of good teachers here.

I attended both.

While I won't argue the quality of teachers in general. Usually a school that can afford $50,000 per teacher vs. $20,000 per teacher will attract those that are relatively more adept.

I attended both.

While I won't argue the quality of teachers in general. Usually a school that can afford $50,000 per teacher vs. $20,000 per teacher will attract those that are relatively more adept.

Yes, that's why IMO public schools get some very good teachers.  At least in this area, public school teachers make considerably more than private.

Edit:

As a matter of fact, Public school salaries are listed, take a look at mine:

http://www.thechampion.org/teach20....T%20229

And take a look at this teacher:

http://www.thechampion.org/teach20....type=16

His first year here, he makes (Before taxes) almost 50,000. And don't get me wrong, this is not a rich area, very middle class around here.

Ok ok. My bad. Just dont accuse me in antiamericanism. I have nothing against americans.... and you're welcome to disscuss it by IC(whatever).

mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Bull, He knew what he was doing, try him as an adult. I'm sick of people saying 'He didnt mean it, he's too young too understand what he did', and then point the finger at video games because no one wants to take the blame for being sh1tty parents. *Waves fist angrily*

mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Bull, He knew what he was doing, try him as an adult. I'm sick of people saying 'He didnt mean it, he's too young too understand what he did', and then point the finger at video games because no one wants to take the blame for being sh1tty parents. *Waves fist angrily*

Take an advice from your older brothers across the pond (just this once please tounge_o.gif )

If you don't make sure that parents care for their children, your country will go down the gutter. On one hand, we have a problem called Chav in England, mostly caused by horrendous/non-existing parenting.

On the other hand, we have parents that try teaching their children discipline by smacking them for making a booboo, who then end up not seeing their kid for 12 weeks because some retard in the social services decides he's a menace to the kid. He now faces prosecution for assault crazy_o.gif

Teach kids discipline, bring them up properly. Please crazy_o.gif

i went to Religius school then kicked out. Now I go to public school.

Public schools are trying to get you to do hands on type stuff while religious school is all writing and Religiuos education.

I got kicked out cos they wouldnt allow me to go the toilet cos they though i was smoking all the time (which I was  wink_o.gif  ) and they didnt like the way I wasnt religios.

Every area the public vs. private schools thing is different. In some areas, the public schools are better than private and vice versa. Where I live, public school are almost not even an option. One of my friends made a great comparision:

In a private school here you learn about subject-verb agreement during english class. At the same time in a public school, the teachers are teaching kids how to pronounce different letters and teaching them the vowels.

One of the problems is San Francisco has so many immigrants coming in from say China and Mexico; most do not speak English (may know a little, but not a lot). So you have to teach them the language before they can begin taking regular classes. Our school system is so fucked up in California...:(

u gotta good point there. I wasnt think of the world I was only thinking of the town I live near. smile_o.gif