Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

BIS crew change

Ok I thought that somebody else would open up a thread about this topic, but I couldn't seem to find one so please forgive me if there's already something about it.

According to the ofp.info news of the last week (http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7497) and BI's crew page there were some drastical changes in the crew. I'll just quote the ofp.info news:

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive Studio updated their BI members page.

We learned that the BI Lead Designer Viktor Bocan left the team and was replaced (Lead Designer is one of the key roles in a game development), and that several talented artists left the team too. We wish them success in their next projects, whatever they might do, and congratulate them a last time for what they've done!

Let's hope also that the new team members will follow the path of their predecessors to bring us a sequel as good as the original game!

I don't want to start any rumours but does this crew change somehow affect the further developments of BIS, especially OFP 2? If yes, in which way? Since designers have very much impact on the gameplay, does this mean that OFP 2 will be more different to OFP than it would be with the old designer crew, like - more arcadish? Or was this change taken to make OFP 2 even better and more realistic?

I just hoped to get a little statement about this since I'm very worried that there are less and less realistic games, and many little developer studios have to take back when it comes to quality of the game because of lack of money. Let's hope this thread doesn't get locked immediately . . .

smile_o.gif

I think BIS should all retire early, pay Kegety's minimum wage and see the release of OFP2 early next month. tounge_o.gif

On a more serious note, I really hope this does not hinder the release(date) of OFP2 in anyway. sad_o.gif

I hate to speculate but you really half to wonder why they left the company which they had worked for since the beginning (in 1998 if I'm not mistaken)... six years is a long time, and I found it suprising that they left, seeing all the pictures on the BIS fun page and all.

1) I think this is part of Placebo's cleaning up of the PR stuff, and he's only just recently updated that page to reflect changes from a while back.

2) I think some of the folks were there specifically for certain projects, and they moved on after those projects. At least that's my assumption on that.

3) This doesn't reflect the shadowy legions of contractors that BIS or BIA have chruning out projects either.

4) I'm not totally sure but I seem to recall that there was a note somewhere that BIS had setup the motion capture studio as a semi-independent division not necessarily attached to any OFP or VBS affiliation. I also think I recall hearing that they did a few motion capture projects for other clients, which would also coorelate with Nephilim's question about the Anim hooks being removed or disabled in in Oxygen Lite.

Moving to BI General forum, which is there for this case.

I am not sure whether such speculations will be allowed, I guess Placebo will tell us off sooner or later if we are stepping over the line here smile_o.gif

Thanks for the moving

I am not sure whether such speculations will be allowed, I guess Placebo will tell us off sooner or later if we are stepping over the line here smile_o.gif

Well, that's exactly what I didn't want to: to start speculations. The only thing I wanted to obtain is if this crew change would mean something for us

Well, it shouldnt afect future BIS projects too much has they can always find new replacements though i admit it is sad to see some of those very familiar faces leave the BIS team, i wish Lukin, Angelina and all the others( tounge_o.gif ) best of luck and success in their careers and also the remaining and possible new members of the BIS team best luck with OPF2.

Now go build us our next favorite game xmas_o.gif .

Sad to see some of the people involved in this title that gave me so much gaming pleasure leaving at some points.

Good luck to them and thanks for their work.

On a good note, it is very nice to see names like

Quote[/b] ]Sebastian Mueller

Earl Laamanen

added , (maybe they were already added since a lot of time ,as i didn't looked at this page since months) it is always good to see that those talented people , responsible of some of my favorites addons are working for OFP2.

smile_o.gif

On a good note, it is very nice to see names like
Quote[/b] ]Sebastian Mueller

Earl Laamanen

I guess we will see Earl and PSC's faces added to the rest of the team in OPF2's model heads, hope they look a bit better than the rest of the team crazy_o.gif .

They could also include Placebo's face in OPF2 but that would be too good to be true.. i can already imagine the combat photography thread biggrin_o.gif ..

They could also include Placebo's face in OPF2 but that would be too good to be true.. i can already imagine the combat photography thread  biggrin_o.gif ..

yeah...ppl will be citing forum rule about not posting disgusting images.

tounge_o.gif

Do you really want to be responsible for the closing of this thread? smile_o.gif

Edit: Smiley inserted to appear human.

The only thing I wanted to obtain is if this crew change would mean something for us

Yes, i think the question is how this crew-change will effect OFP2

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Crew changes are just natural part of work environment nowadays. Longest job I've held is 3 years and even then I worked under 3-4 different departments and job titles. Hell, I can't even imagine what it would be to do same job for six years biggrin_o.gif

Also, don't know how it relates to rest of the world but in Finland if you want a raise, best way to get it is to change into a new job smile_o.gif

It seems like a good idea to recruit from within the community if the individual is professional enough. As far as the new lead developer goes, I have my concerns. Not that it's unexpected or unrealistic for such a departure to happen. However everyone's different and with handing over responsibility to another you might see that individual's personal views alter the course of the project.

It could be a death sentence for the franchise (for me at least) or it could see no real negative impact at all. I'm a picky son of a bitch, so I think any drastic changes that I wasn't expecting might put me off getting it. Those drastic changes however would be more in the area of alterations appealing to the lowest common denominator (pretty much what EA/UBI does).

I'll have to wait and see the end result I guess.

You mean Bokan right rock.gif , i share this same concern also by seeing people leave BIS team but its also very possible for someone from inside to take the place.

Its hard to speculate, but i trust the capability of the current team to improve their great engine and create a fantastic new game, i could worry about other stuff but i have confidence in BIS developing skills xmas_o.gif .

I took a look at the crew page and I'm quite sure they can get a lot done if they keep on working hard smile_o.gif quite many women there too so we should only expect the best possible quality :P

I just noticed that: Rastavovich, Rambozo (both DKM team) and Zwadar joined the BIS crew.

Is this a new development or old news? I am asking because I haven't noticed them before on the team page rock.gif

I just noticed that: Rastavovich, Rambozo (both DKM team) and Zwadar joined the BIS crew.

Is this a new development or old news? I am asking because I haven't noticed them before on the team page rock.gif

depends on what you call "new". rambozo is there for some weeks now, rastavovich, earl and zwadar while longer (afaik they are there since hardrock opened this thread).

depends on what you call "new". rambozo is there for some weeks now, rastavovich, earl and zwadar while longer (afaik they are there since hardrock opened this thread).

Ahh OK I didn't noticed them when I looked there when Hardrock opened this thread smile_o.gif

As to a comment made from someone that the game will be unrealistic and that stuff, I belive the following will deny it all and we will have an good ol' OFP again.

Quote[/b] ]

Name: Ondrej Å panel

Position: Lead Programmer

Used nick: Suma

Work in team: Programming (graphics, physics, audio), Design decisions

Previous projects: BLOUD (Atari 800), Invaze z Aldebaranu (Atari ST), Gravon (Atari Falcon), Componium (Atari Falcon), Operation Flashpoint (PCCD); Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (PCCD)

Favourite writer: G.K. Chesterton, A.J. Cronin, C.S. Lewis, J. R.R. Tolkien

Best of games: Another World, Zelda64

Best of films: Amistad, Pink Floyd: The Wall

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif