Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Mi24 Pack by Mr.Yoda

I am pretty surprised not to see this posted here! Mr.Yoda has released a very nice Mi-24 pack with retractable gear, very nice weapon load out, and a very wide range of insignia, which through a script, can be applied to four different camouflage versions of this beauty. Job well done biggrin_o.gif

YodaMi241L.jpg

Taken from OFP Base

Quote[/b] ]Mr. Yoda has released his Mi-24 Pack:

Mi-24 model based on original BIS model

- Versions Mi-24D and Mi-24V

- A lot of changes to the model

- New weapons

- Four deferent helicopter camo schemes

- 22 different texture-markings scripts and the ability to make your own

- Resistance side Police troops

- 2 demo missions

Mi-24 Pack (RAR, 5.4MB)

cool!! we need some new MI-24s.

Now alls we need is Delta Hawk's 18-wheeler

One thing that is missing however are the variants of the Hind with the fixed 23mm cannons on the side replacing the 12.7mm turret MG.   This variant is the one I see most commonly used by the Russians in Chechnya since it is usually used almost like a fixed wing aircraft in high speed strafing attacks.   I hope that in a future update you will add the 23mm cannon equipped Hinds as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Doesn't there exist a version of the Hind with a three-barreled 23mm or 30mm gattling gun in the turret?

Edited after Bobcatt's reply: Ok the russians didn't copy the triple-barreled 30mm gun design that failed to win over the chaingun that was mounted to the Apache... what a shame...

I love the ordnance on these babies! biggrin_o.gif

nope, it was a error in the bis hind,

To clarify the Mi24 series helo was armed with a three barreled 12mm gattling gun, mounted in chin turret operated by the weapons control officer of the gun ship.

Later replaced with dual auto cannons attached to the side of the fuselage. Much like the cannons armed on the Su25.

The larger cannons provided more of a punch over the 12m gattling gun even if losing the ability to engage targets at different angles.

Is anybody else getting booted back to desktop upon launching the bombing mission? I see 'Receiving Data', black screen, then booteration station in de nation blues.gif

then booteration station in de nation  blues.gif

Huh? Are you a rastafarian all of a sudden? tounge_o.gif

No.. I didn't have a problem. Try depboing it and look at the required addons... it might be a conflict.

My favorite chopper, the Mil Mi-24 Hind also called "Buggyman"

Thx for the addon biggrin_o.gif !!

nope, it was a error in the bis hind,

To clarify the Mi24 series helo was armed with a three barreled 12mm gattling gun,  mounted in chin turret operated by the weapons control officer of the gun ship.  

Later replaced with dual auto cannons attached to the side of the fuselage.  Much like the cannons armed on the Su25.

The larger cannons provided more of a punch over the 12m gattling gun even if losing the ability to engage targets at different angles.

Bobcatt, when I was referring to Hind I didn't mean exclusively the MI-24 version... I remembered having seens somewhere a turret with large caliber fitted onto a cool black Hind's nose, apparently fitted to a MI-35 Hind... check this MI-35 thread in Addons & Mods: Discussion section , as you can verify, Hinds now DO carry large guns in turret biggrin_o.gif

Doesn't there exist a version of the Hind with a three-barreled 23mm or 30mm gattling gun in the turret?

You only asked about rotating not fixed chain guns, that model it mainly for export use and a Mi-35 not 24. The guns attached to the fuselage work far better no worry of your weapons system damaged by small arms fire or FOD rendering it useless like on the Apache cobra.

I really really like these Hinds!!havin a ball with them.But I'm totally confused about who's doin what???Look at these...are these yours as well?...or are these someone elses and if so who they doin them for????Its really confusin rock.gif

http://www11.tok2.com/home2/oekusee/index.htm

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7113

Who's who?? crazy_o.gif

Both of the links you provided are Scars work on his MI-24, which AFAIK will be released on its own and not for any mod, like his German Leopard 2A6.

I’m finally fully registered member of the BI forums. biggrin_o.gif

It’s really nice to see that you all like my addon. I have spent a lot of time creating it and now I’m glad I haven’t seen Scars Mi-24s. It just looks too good! I would give up!  crazy_o.gif

Because I don’t have much experience in making 3d models, textures or coding I didn’t want to announce my addon prematurely. I wasn’t sure will I be able to make everything I wanted.

Regarding Mi-24 armed with fixed two-barrel 30 mm cannon – I’m working on it. wink_o.gif

Since I had finished Mi-24D and Mi-24V versions I have decided to release pack 1 without Mi-24P. It would be a shame for a completed addon to lies on my hard drive for three or four weeks more.

I love these so much I just had to dirty them up. abit ..heres what I did..first I gave the green and sand version a new paint job so it would match the Mi-26...then I dirtied it up a bit and gave it a "worked" looking appearance.I also made the exhaust covers look alittle more pronounced by adding a drop shadow.Then i took a wet brush and applied a 10% "wash" over all the lines and rivets.I quite like the results...have a look.I can send you the tga's if your interested in them yoda.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/GreenhindCovers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/GreenHind.jpg

Your version looks pretty good 343rdBadger smile_o.gif Good to see you finally on here Mr.Yoda, I am looking forward to seeing the Mi24P in the near future, and you did an incredible job on the Mi24D and Mi24V pack. It is truly something that OFP has been lacking.

nice to have some good hinds ...not attached to a huge mod

and the Su-25's are great

planning any more good targets for my stinger teams ?

Hinds I loved, the SU was poor on my list, its still not joystic friendly. Stuck having to fly by mouse. The models center of gravity is off still like he is Su25, so the plane rotates on a axis point somewhere at the landing gears lowest postion. Rather the center point of the fuselage, so flying by joystick trying to roll the aircraft tends to be deadly because the plane orbits the axis rather than just rolls.