Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

Kojima not selling the rights to the movie MGS

Over on Gamespot he says there are things you can express in a game you can't in a movie and that it'd have to be a totally different story.  I think its a smart move that he not sell the rights, and if he feels that way that he never sells the rights.  Thats like making a "monopoly" movie based off the game.  I've seen things like that happen, "Jumanji", go wrong.  I say smart move.

I think it is safe to say that Video games to movies Never turn out good.

I cannot see MGS working has a movie that would be successful. Let me break it down:

1. The metal gears are huge and CGI would make them crappy.

2. Homosexual overtones...at least one of bad guys has to bi

3. Anti-american "policy" plot (the biggest problem)

4. It would be looked down has a John Woo movie with crazy stunts.

I wonder if BI would sell the rights of Operation Flashpoint to a movie studio.... biggrin_o.gif The good guys (americans) versus the bad guys (evil soviets)...it would work...

Quote[/b] ]I think it is safe to say that Video games to movies Never turn out good.

Resident Evil movies were okay but they took liberties with the series's plot. Furthermore, the RE movies are the most successful videogame to movie adaptions with the series grossing over $200 million. Each one did about about $100 million worldwide in the theatres (not including DVD sales).

Edit: I forgot that UWE BOLL would be likely directing because it seems that the studios are giving him the videogame movies (i.e. BloodRayne and Alone in the Dark) to direct....

sad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

x2

A movie with an anti american plot might not go over so well here, in other countries I would imagine it would do quite well. biggrin_o.gif

MGS had a b-movie plot. Fine for a video game, but translate that to the big screen and it will be so horrendously lacklustre that the humane thing to do would be to take the writer and a loaded shotgun behind the barn... biggrin_o.gif

HALO the movie. That'll be weird.

OFP movie. That'll be good. Should be directed by Denoir. He sounds like a director and those Law talking guys in court. tounge_o.gif

Rather than using that other lady for Alyx then should use the model (I forgot her name) who they actually used.

(if a movie ever was made at least)

Amen.

x2

X-Men were a comic book long before a video game thus making it a movie based off a comic and not a game.

Both were quite successful, but they still weren't good films. If the Street Fighter movie had grossed $7 billion, it'd have still sucked donkey balls.

Any movie that has Mila Jovovich naked and Angelina Jolie half-naked isnt totally bad tounge_o.gif

If it hadn't been for those parts, I'd have really hated those films. Instead, I just dislike them strongly biggrin_o.gif

Another thread that started beyond off topic and travelled only downwards.