Sign in to follow this  
DaSquade

Looking for pen/tablet?

Hi, first of all (to mods) sorry for making this topic, but i'm planning/want to buy a "pen(cil)/ tablet" (don't know if this is the english discription for it). Anyway, i couldn't find any info/reviews of suchs products on the net and so far i visited 2 shops but bought shops didn't sell/know of any pens.

So i was wondering if somebody use a pen/tablet that is compatible with photoshop (7/8)?

Kind regards

Hmm, I don't really understand the question. So your looking for a PDA? Or are you looking for a <a href="http://search.ebay.com/PDA-pen_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQsojsZ1QQfromZR10QQsacategoryZ-1Q26catrefQ3DC6QQsotrtype

Z1QQsotrvalueZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1Q26sosortorderQ3D1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentr

ypageZsearch" target="_blank">PDA Pen</a> to operate the PDA?

No... you're wrong SilentNDeadly.

I suggest the Aiptek 1200U if you want a good quality 12x9 tablet. I have one and I love it. They also have smaller tablets. Check them out at www.aiptek.com

Don't go Wacom - way overpriced.

BTW, the 1200U works great with PSP7.

I guess he is looking for this.. A graphics tablet w/ pen

graphire440.jpg

Nice, I might get that aiptek as a repalcement for my old worn graphire2. Got much use out of it, bit small after a while, but still very nice in my experience. smile_o.gif

Going to search for some reviews tommorow, thansk for the tip.

I used a 4x5" Wacom Intuos for a few years and it was a little bit too small.  It also seems that 9x12" would be a bit too large, but it depends what you want to do.  I think some graphics people (like for realistic painting style) prefer a large surface to work on.  For my work I am always using a keyboard as well and I think a 9x12" would take up too much room on the desk.  

I'm extremely happy with my Wacom Intuos2 6x8", and it matches the size of my laptop so it backs nicely into a laptop compartment in a backpack - which I have found quite handy in the last year or so biggrin_o.gif

I've had good luck and good prices from http://www.coolgraphicstuff.com in New York and I dealt with Anthony Coffee there.  A WACOM rep sent me to him because he has cheaper prices than their online store, he also has first access to refurbished tablets which I haven't heard anything bad about.

WACOM INTUOS 2: Tablet Dimensions: 13.5" x 10.2" x .6" Active Area: 6" x 8" Pressure Levels: 1024 Resolution: 2540 lpi Max. data rate: 200 pps Accuracy: +- .01" Tilt Range: 50ÅŸ-60ÅŸ USB connection

http://www.wacom.com/_db/reseller/intuos2_bro.pdf