Sign in to follow this  
cobra@pulse

Desert Or Jungle camo

Hi there all,

It was just a quick thought, but say you are in the US military and you had an outpost on a jungle/desert boarder. If the outpost was actually in the desert, if you went on a combat mission into the jungle area would you wear woodland (closest) camo or desert camo. This would be for a normal US infantry unit, nothing special.

Also what would it be for desert farm land (very light green)

Thanks for any help

oh and btw, its the 3 color desert scheme, not the 6

Cheers.

Well in Spongebob's pic I think it would be jungle because there is a good chance that somewhere close by the ground would be covered in green foliage and such.

I suppose it would all depend on what type of camo they had (were issued). I Imagine that if they had both they would choose the one for the jungle since most the thing they would be in the jungle. Although I am not entirely sure but thats what I would think.

Youd want to wear the camo of the trees if its a jungle.  Green.  You can always look like a log. You'd stick out like a sore thumb standing up wearing desert camo in a jungle. Its dark in a jungle, go with dark colors. Just like on night missions in movies, spec ops wear black, not camo green.

Youd want to wear the camo of the trees if its a jungle. Green. You can always look like a log. You'd stick out like a sore thumb standing up wearing desert camo in a jungle. Its dark in a jungle, go with dark colors. Just like on night missions in movies, spec ops wear black, not camo green.

Listen to yourself. In MOVIES. In real life spec ops do NOT wear black at night.

Black is not a natural color in nature and sticks out even in the darkest of nights. It generally depends where they are operating. They will wear the same color of their surroundings. Darkness darkens the colors of the camo as well as the trees.

ACU: Who's idea was it to replace buttons to velcro?

Seeing as we are talking about non specific "US Infantry unit" and not any Spec Ops.  It would be dependent on what that unit was assigned prior to being shipped out.

But what do I know wink_o.gif

I would choose something universal:

http://www.multicampattern.com/

BTW I gues khaki woud do as well, I have heard that Israelis wear khaki outfits in the desert for its camouflaging capability. May sound strange, but khaki is quite universal - both green and brown, and changing actual appearance according to intensity of sunlight...

What I meant was some sort of Brush sort of ground. The unit would have its outpost in the desert, but I was wondering. If you where just a normal US infantry man, nothing special, you are mainly equiped with the 03 Desert gear, but say if you where planning a mission into brush/jungle terain, would you try and get accsess to some sort of green uniform?

You would wear the same camo that closely represents the colour of the ground. Anything that moves, whether wearning camo or not, is detectible by the human eye within 1500m. You want what best blends in with the horizon, and thats the colour of the ground.

And if your in a jungle, the ground changes to that of fallen leaves and undergrowth......

which is still different from sand....

back to square 1 tounge_o.gif

What I meant was some sort of Brush sort of ground. The unit would have its outpost in the desert, but I was wondering. If you where just a normal US infantry man, nothing special, you are mainly equiped with the 03 Desert gear, but say if you where planning a mission into brush/jungle terain, would you try and get accsess to some sort of green uniform?

I dont think a regular soldier would get a 2nd change of gear to be honest.