Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

Crime city is gone :(

just saw at ofpn that crime city has shut down... sad.gif its too bad, that was a promising mod!

hmm, I don't really mind.

Mistake number 1.-The mod Baroba wanted to make, is a mod that should have been made using another type of game engine, like Q3, not OF.

Mistake number 2-Baroba stopped the mod because there are no editing tools. But, the game wasn't released with ed. tools, and BIS never said that they would release all the tools.

In the end the mod wasn't anywhere at all. They didn't have solid plans and nearly nothing had been accomplished yet. So why make such a big deal out of it? So Baroba get's his name on popular OF website. (I know it's a bit exaggerated but you get my point)

Just my honest opinion, you do not have to share it

HMm ... I understand what you are saying with reason number #2. There's been a lot of little tools coming out lately for OFP, a-lone-wolf started with the modelling part and we may have some more official tools incoming in the future ... with all that in mind I wouldn't cancel my MOD due to a lack of (tool) support, but that's just my opinion.

As for the rest of yer post Aldega, a tad exaggerated ... but I do see your point smile.gif

well i sorta agree... i just like GTA 1, 2, and 3, and king ping... this mod seemed to be sorta like that... but the lack of mod tools and that was a stupid reason to stop, or maybe it was a stupid reason to start, or maybe im just confusing myself....

<off topic>*looks at DnA's sig*

Will OV have 'Tour Of Duty' influences? I really like these tv series and it would be a pity not to consider adding at least some element(s) of it to OV. just asking smile.gif

Brentk, there are editors for GTA1&2, some are user made, some are officially released tools (or format specs, eg for the gta2 scripting). GTA1&2 are 100% 'moddifyable' wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will OV have 'Tour Of Duty' influences?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah as far as they are both about the soldiers in the Vietnam war ... there will probably be several similarities, but you'll have to wait and see which those are smile.gif

Well if the first mission opens with Paint it Black by the Stones I think we'll all be happy wink.gif

Of course you must also include lots of Hendrix as well as We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by The Animals smile.gif

i prefer korn and adema.. and linkin park... and the beach boys lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Brentk @ Jan. 11 2002,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i prefer korn and adema.. and linkin park...  <span id='postcolor'>

Hmm I must have missed all the Nam movies/tv series they provided music for?

Is the crime city Mod the one where you get money and choose either cop or robbers? You use the money to buy equipment and such? If so it would have been a good mod for some of the scripting aspects. I would love to be able to goto a bar and get liquored in OFP. It would also be cool to see sidearms in the game.