Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

The youth of today

Well, that's a bit different. You should say that you are treating assholes like assholes, not that you are acting like an asshole towards someone treating you like one. The trick is knowing when you have actually earned the title yourself.  wink_o.gif

Well, I might be biased in this belief, but I don't think I am normally an asshole unless I'm pushed towards it smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Remember, it's always bad for business to piss off customers. Unless they are paying you to do it.

I don't get paid comission, my raises depend solely on how many hours I've worked, so I could'nt care less about lost business.Either way in 4.5 years I haven't had a single write up -so no, I'm not Randall from Clerks, I'm just not very helpful when treated rudely.

Quote[/b] ]I beg to differ on the methods. I have found - in my retail days - that being disgustingly polite in combinatoin with a smug smile works better than just being an arsehole. Later on, noone can claim that you were being unreasonable - after all, you remained civil while the other chum grew red in the face and hurled abuse.

Yep, thank goodness I'm a people's person.

While I usually do go for that approach - and really, didn't you just describe one form of asshole? wink_o.gif Sometimes I just can't help but being a smartass - especially when incidences of costumer irateness and stupidity increase exponentionally - say this Holiday season.

I disagree with the thinking that kids know the principles of virtue.  maybe the ones in your area were taught them, but ive always seen a level of virtue amongst my fellow age group while i was growing up and seen it change as we got older, not change based on situation.  So I do believe we are born unknowing of right from wrong.  That whole patience in line thing, of course they're old enough to know the rules, but what if they were never taught to be patient in line, or even the general idea behind patience?  One strong enough to instill patience at all points in life. Then you'd have a person ignorant of patience. Ignorance does exist, we're not born all knowing.

Quote[/b] ]Respect cannot be earned - it should be there by default. Respect can only be lost.

i think you are confusing respect with courtesy; a person can be as courteous to a stranger as he is to his idol, but he can't have as much respect for a stranger as for his idol, simply because he doesn't know whether the stranger has admirable traits or not.

remember: courtesy is having respect for someone's feelings.

Quote[/b] ]They are absolutely right to make the generalization, most troubles on buses are caused by "kids these days" are they not?

the problem that people see with this is that it leads to prejudices.

Quote[/b] ]They are absolutely right to make the generalization, most troubles on buses are caused by "kids these days" are they not?

It's not like many "kids these days" are trying to prove that the generalization is wrong and a few good apples won't save the whole bunch. wink_o.gif

It's not like many "kids these days" are trying to prove that the generalization is wrong and a few good apples won't save the whole bunch.  wink_o.gif

Same could be said for adults.

After the last couple of days surrounded by younger kids other than my siblings...it's official.

I dislike 99% of children aged between 5 and 15.

Kids, (for whom I have no authority over) generally just shit me, and that's the way it will always be. Anyone agree? tounge_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

Kids, (for whom I have no authority over) generally just **** me, and that's the way it will always be. Anyone agree?

That expresses my opinion perfectly.

mad_o.gif

most of the preteens today are just little spoiled brats that just deserve a slap on their face, but the teenagers past 16 can be allright in my opinion once you overcome all the shit induced by puberty and teenage crisis.

childeren are raised by adults aren't they?

they fight and kill eachother every chance they get, really good role models, sad_o.gif

rock.gif  rock.gif  

U talk bout respect??

hehe... m8, i respect my family to hardcore, becuse i know, that if i was alone, i dident have money for food, for a house, and for my study, and this T-1 Internet connection  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: i am 15 years old, grown up in israel, and i live currectly in holland,

i think about myself that i am a caring, helpfull, nice person.

Please dont say 99% becuse you never know eavry body

Fuck off you miserable old bastards! tounge_o.gif

Around the age of 15/16 the little bastards started pissing me off aswell wink_o.gif

Fuck off you miserable old bastards! tounge_o.gif

Around the age of 15/16 the little bastards started pissing me off aswell wink_o.gif

LOL!!!! biggrin_o.gif you are a bad man!

Perhaps the STUPIDEST things in society is that the older folks always paint labels onto the "deviant adolescents". They find it easier that way to go about their days, not take everyone into consideration, and just scream out "rebel", "bad kid", or "troublemaker" because 16 year ol Ms. Jessy Jones got pregnant down the street.  WELL GUESS THE FUCK WHAT!? Its not all the kid's fault, and everyone has an impact, including the older people (WOW!? NO WAY!?! US, THE OLDER PEOPLE EFFECT OTHER PEOPLE AROUND US? WE AREN'T HIGH AND MIGHTY GODS THAT ARE ALWAYS RIGHT?).

And another thing, adults are just as bad adults, as they are as kids, just in different ways. No one is perfect, and if you claim you are, why are you playing a game where you shoot fictitious russians on a mature rated game (which then, 99% of all the fundamentalist christians of the USA will say are "destroying our society"). No, get it right, admit the truth, have some fucking courage, and know that we are all part of the issue and we all need each other in order to grow.

Continuing on, do not EVER use age as a bookmark to tell how "ahead in life they are". Comparing everyone is just making the world a worse place in this highly conservative and discrimitory society.  I am 17 and I am in college and know some things that a 60 year old never knew. Some people have strengths and weaknesses that others do not have. That is why their is more then one of us in the first place.

I respect my elders who give me respect back.  I do not believe that just because they are older, that they must be wiser, and thus "better" then me.  Just because your ~60 years old, does not mean a title rains down from heaven and says that everyone on the planet must treat you as better because you are elderly.

Some of my friends are not in the same spot I am in life. I believe that every person in the world starts out as a "tree" and then begins to "bloom" at different points.  Most never fully bloom at all.  A few of my friends say they want to join the KKK, or they want to lay the best looking chick at school.  I will agree with everyone here that they are illminded idiots.  They are yet to realize even a hint of the truth.

The truth: the world is is messed up. Some few people decide to help it be less so, while most ride the wave and die realizing how fruitless it was to be here at all.

- A sociologist in training, the Dr BC

EDIT: And just to really hit it home: I've never done drugs, never drank, never smoked, and I like electronica music, not hip-hop or metal. I like to party, but I never do drugs, or drink because I dont think I have to in order to have fun. The illminded youth trash (yes, I agree, they do exist, all you ol'-timers), think that the ONLY way to have fun is to corrode their own mental/physical/emotional wellbeing with narcotics and alcohol, and numb their senses of reality,responsibility, and mortality. But then again, I know of some 34 year old djs (I am an amatuer dj), that stay out all night, are going to college (of course they don't know their major, they are too busy out partying), and then are late to class the next day, and cannot do take their exams because they are still so hungover. But let me ask this one question.....

Why can 34 year olds sniff crack or puff a peter and then be labled as normal, while a 15 year old does the same and gets painted as a "spot-on example of all rebellious youths"? Did the older one earn this right? Is it all about points? Why exactly does the older one automatically get all the points in the first place?

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOUNDRIES OF WHAT IS NORMAL AND WHAT IS NOT

Please dont say 99% becuse you never know eavry body

Note: 99% does not equal everybody. wink_o.gif

The youth of today lacks respect - even for the police!

And don't tell me about Socrates because motorbikes didn't exist during hellenistic times mad_o.gif

Swedish youth!

Haha! Reminds me of an old joke I keep on file:

Quote[/b] ]     A man goes out and buys the best car available in the US or Europe, a Turbo Roadster.  It is the best and most expensive car in the world, and it runs him $500,000.  He takes it out for a spin and, while doing so, stops for a red light.

An old man on a moped, both looking about 90 years old, pulls up next to him.  The old man looks over the sleek, shiny surface of the car and asks, "What kind of car ya got there, sonny?"

The dude replies "A Turbo Roadster.  They cost $500,000."

"That's a lotta money!" says the old man, shocked.  "Why does it cost so much?"

"Cause this car can do up to 320 miles an hour!" states the cool dude proudly.

The old man asks "Can I take a look inside?"

"Sure" replies the owner.

So the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around.

Leaning back on his moped, the old man says "That's a pretty nice car, alright!"

Just then the light changes, so the guy decides to show the old man what his car can do.  He floors it, and within 30 seconds the speedometer reads 320.

Suddenly, the guy notices a dot in his rear view mirror.  It

seems to be  getting closer!  Suddenly, Whhhoooooooooossssshhhhhh!

Something whips by him, going 2, maybe 3 times as fast!

The guy wonders, "What on earth could be going faster than my Turbo Roadster?"  Then, ahead of him, he sees a dot coming toward him.

Whooooooooooosh!  Goes by again!  And it almost looked like the old man on the moped!  "Couldn't be," thinks the guy.  How could a moped outrun a Turbo Roadster?

Again, he sees a dot in his rearview mirror.

WhoooooooshhhhhhhhKa-BbbbblaMMMMM!  It plows into the back of his car, demolishing the rear end.

The guy jumps out and it is the old man!  Of course, the moped and the old man are hurt for certain.  The guy runs up to the dying old man and asks "You're hurt bad!  Is there anything I can do for you?"

The old man replies "Yeah.  Unhook my suspenders from your side-view mirror!"

The youth of today lacks respect - even for the police!

And don't tell me about Socrates because motorbikes didn't exist during hellenistic times  mad_o.gif

Swedish youth!

Oh my god

i totally love that movie tounge_o.gif

talk about speeeeeeed smile_o.gif

We youth today have attention spans that last Nano sec......................ohh a plane. tounge_o.gif

Serious. I'm 15 and i dont listion to old people go on about we kids into drugs a grog becuase they didnt do it when they were young.

And I'm sure all adults ride their motorcycles responsibly and behave nicely.

HAFOREVER1.jpg

Hey, is that David Hasselhoff?  wow_o.gif

I wouldn't know. 5 second googling.

Socrates would kill himself out of disgust with the species if he saw the current generation of IM/SMS/ricer/pop culture/wigger kiddies.

Aviel and Ares1978 remove image tags when quoting please.