Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

THE POWER TRILOGY IS COMPLETE

Well, almost. I need beta testers. In the power trilogy we explore the saga of a squad of modern day green berets in a foreign country asssisting the safety of american interests abroad, in a nation undergoing conflict in the war on terror.  If you would like to beta test the power trilogy please let me know.

addons required:

filming pack

bas blackhawks/pavehawks

bas russian opfor vehicles

hyk infantry jam lsr

mapfact barracks

pc prison

generic opfor

editor update

First mission you get the story told to you in a cutscene, the mission starts with you landing at the point and getting out, some americans get evacuated and you're dropped there to find out why with your cameraman.  you soon run into trouble because they saw your chopper coming, now you gotta fight.

mission two your camped near a village and enjoying your rest after last nights arrival.  still in the field so you wrote up the mission plan in the notes section till you get new briefing pads.  but you still got a mission to complete.  a chopper just landed in the village and they're questioning the civillians.  no way you can back away from this fight, its only one chopper.  we'll just catch the atrocity on film, sabotage the chopppre and make it home, right?

mission three.  finally some new clothes.  the people from that village you helped are left with only two survivors and one knows alot about whats going on here.  why the russians are here.  what they're asking about.  why everyone is terrified.  its time we go rescue his people from an abandoned jail, where everything finally makes sense, and who this guy really is, and why they're looking for him. we're still left with alot of questions though...

and the campaign ends with to be continued at mission three.

The "Power Trilogy" becomes the lack of fire power bi-mission. A single handed effort by a beta

tester to defeat a squad of Russians who couldn't shoot a barn in they were standing in one.

The power trilogy has a dynamic plot line potential for many mission sequels. Among the

numerous errors, missing pieces, lies a perfect idea. Several students want to be extracted from

the ever increasing violence on Nogova. Russian leaders are calling this violence agents peaceful

citizens "Anti Terrorism". Beatings, mass killings and the like in the name of peace.

Your squad is tasked with the extraction of the package. There's a catch though, upon the snatch

you will be covertly inserted into the country to film these atrocity's.

(Briefing errors)

-----------------------------------------------------------

There are a few problems in the briefings. The team is there to RECON, this means they would

avoid confrontations and go around any hot zones. Silenced weapons are a must. The player needs

to be focused on stealth and avoiding the enemy while completing the objectives. The briefing states

that you can call an extract if you don't want to do it / cant stand it. Special Forces operators have no

such luxury, they could only call for extraction if: A. Compromised B: Mission complete.

ONE CLEAR OBJECTIVE IS ABSOLUTELY TO BE EMPHASIZED. RECON! FILM! REMAIN UNDETECTED!.

These sabotage objectives make the mission seem more like a trash and burn mission, in which,

by the way, you need to take pictures. Special operators are calm, not hot heads or loose cannons.

I'd loose the "and you just want to shoot something" phrase.

The RTO is designated with the job of maintaining radio contact and relaying messages, he will call in

the extraction not "SOME ONE". In short the Briefings seem a little too rambunctious, not as well planed

as this kind of operation is. Pollish up the briefings, remove parts that seem "Go get 'em".

(Intro errors)

The first problem lie in the first parts intro video, The camera is mounted directly behind the Black Hawk

and seems rather surreal as it follows the Black Hawk relentlessly in the same position. This could be

fixed by scripting a camera on shore which focuses in on the black hawk coming in low over the water,

kicking up spray. Secondly the Black Hawk is flying too high, it should be flying lower,considering they

would want to come in under the radar. Thirdly the insertion/pickup point is rather odd, a radar/radio tower

on a hill. This would be a rather obvious place to insert a team. Also it would be guarded by the OPFOR,

as they are cracking down on "Terrorism".

It's possible to use the hill as cover and go around it to a pickup point,but then again heavily guarded,

your sure to be spotted. Black hawk pilots could use the terrain as cover flying 6m off the surface and

fly to a separate point possibly at point 203.

(Mission errors Mission 1)

Upon insertion to a unguarded radio tower on top a hill, you unload while the civilians load up.

Then shortly after a ton of BDRMs rush over the hill firring like idiots, mean while your team is just lying there.

If this is a patrol it would most likely be a light skinned vehicle such as a UAZ. If the UAZ was destroyed it is

likely that the Russians would send a BDRM or two with some troops for backup. Escalation of force, rather

then a full on assault. Some errors with the team, too many grenadiers half of my squad was wiped out when

the grenadiers fired upon the BDRMS which ran over the other men. Grenades also make allot of noise, which

is a bad choice for recon.

I didn't have to go any where, after the BDRM slaughter, I regrouped just a little ways down the hill from where

we inserted and the mission ended. It would be better if you were required to move to a point and "Set Up" first,

before proceeding into the next mission.

(Mission errors Mission 2)

Strait away I can hear a helicopter in the distance which makes me tense up. I look down on a empty village

with a hind in it. It really doesn't make sense. No pilots, two officers, no guards. If the Russians were rounding

up "Terrorists" they would have one if not two squads guarding the perimeter and or abusing civilians.

A hind is a big asset to the Army here, at the least the pilots would be standing guard.

There's a few civilians in the town hiding, when I get near them they don't scream or shout, or run towards me

asking me to save them. They just sit there, like zombies.

Add a little more life to the situation. Maybe these two Russians harassing a man, man runs, Russians shoot

him and go back to guarding.

I just noticed that my camera man is a civilian, it would be better if a spec ops character was armed with

the camera. The US Army trains troops to use cameras for recon.

I set up having my squad cover the village, the Russians have no clue. One head shot, then another,

Ok now it said something like mission complete. Suddenly a ton of radio chatter erupts.

A hind come flying in, slides into position and I'm looking strait at it.

Instead of blowing my squad away like it should it circles and prepares to land. I order my squad several

times to come out of no fire mode, to no avail. The Stinger man manages to get a shot off, yet the hind is

still air born. A hind is a heavily armored air craft, stingers won't do allot of damage unless you hit the rotor

shaft or some other venerable part. Simply take the stinger man out, he's overly useless in this situation.

The Russians disembark from the hind and my squad just sits there as the machine gunner pumps rounds

at us. Only the Machine gunners are firring, occasionally a AK goes off. I get hit after I run out of ammo,

trying to order my squad up the hill causes them to run down at the Russians. My men got within 100m

of the Russians, who by now are firring like crazy. No one gets hit, my men run back up the hill, where the

heavy machine gunners mow down 2 of them. I run up the hill to the circular thing of rocks, order my men

into a defensive positionand wait. Now I notice all my men with binoculars are observing the ants and the birds.

Finlay after losing 2 more men the remainder group up near me. I run down the hill again, without any ammo and

pick up my dead AT mans guns. After using all three at4 rounds it says mission complete, after this a pilot clips

me and it sends me to the menu.

At this point I think the town recon part needs to be redone.Possibly have your men get within

range of it and order the video man to tape. In the town 2 squads of Russians are beating, looting shooting.

Video man records this, you then radio in for extraction, instead HQ tells you to do a surgical strike and

knock out these Russians. Your squad opens fire, town is cleared. a CH47 comes in to pick up the civilians

and yourself. At this time a second hind comes in and drops troops which you must fend off till the CH47

can get off the ground.

Over all it's a great mission with allot of potential, it just needs some refinement. By looking closely at it,

thinking about terrain, location, whats where you can determine how many Russians you need to put up

and where. Some patrols and other surprises would be nice, this way an unmarked patrol causes your team

to move out of there way. A bit more detection/stealth would be nice too. If my squad would have fired,

that would have been really nice.

*edit* maybe they didn't like following a pink haired leader??.... sad_o.gif

DSMISSBETA.jpg

Thank you for beta testing my missions.  The camera scripting is my first attempt so what you see is all I can offer.   I must remove the grenadiers, you're correct on that.  The radio tower does seem a bit obvious, which could be the positive side to extracting civillians who have no tactical map with coordinates like the squad does and are escaping danger.  It looks like the most obvious option from the civillian standpoint.  They're not very military wise.  The mokra vrata situation in part two.  Those men were looking for one man, slava.  The chopper was locked.  The town had a  history of kidnapped men, I'm sure the Russians had enough intel to be "care free" in their intelligence gathering.  Yet you do have a point, they are searching for terrorists, and guards around the intel group would make sense.  The chopper noise you were hearing was the morning search party for the previous missions events.  Its the next morning and the investigation is going on up there.  Perhaps thats another reason the intel officers are so relaxed going into mokra vrata.  Perhaps thats also why the team chose not to engage head on, but rather wire the hind to blow, so it didn't give away their position while they are out gunned.  That should be mentioned in the plan.  The objective should be rendesvous with the informant slava as we talked about on msn.  For now, the camera job is going to have to stay as it is.  It's all I am capable of.  I had the idea of giving the camera to a spec op, but since gigan, the film pack's creator is japanese, i don't have the init line to put a camera on a special operative.  I'm going to have to de pbo the addon to find out and put it on a spec op. Removing the guys with launchers would make you very vulnerable in mission one but you'd still have a chance if the patrols is only uaz's as you suggested so I'll go with that. I didn't want the Hinds to have any ammo on their arrival in mission two so that they wouldn't just blow your squad up and it'd be over with.  Thank you very much for your beta testing.  I will make changes to the mission and see what you think then.  

I just realized I could avoid alot of editing and say the cameraman is a spec op dressed as a civillian in hopes they won't kill him, and will follow the geneva convention based upon the sight of your presence. Ruff, the download will be emailed directly to you when I'm through making the changes.

As far as the chopper's height on mission one is concerned, some mistakes must be allowed for bad causes to take place.

Here's what I'm going to do for the second mission. I'm going to totally change the intro to a new one where you witness a criminal who was captured in the war on terror turn traitor tell his story. i'm going to use the trouble makers mc malden for that guy. Later on his band of men will the generic opfor pack. In the jail with him will be drill sergeants units which will be rescued in a later mission. Then itll go into the mission which is now cleared up to simply rendesvous with the liason.