Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

"Happy ThanksGiving!"

Hey,

I just wanted to say, "Happy ThanksGiving!" to all who celebrate it.

And if you don't? "Happy ThanksGiving" anyways!

I would also like to say that I'm thankful for alot of great things in my life.

And I'm thankful for the OFP Community for all the times you all have helped me improve my OFP experience.

So Thank You!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the wALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Europe, but happy thanksgiving to you too wink_o.gif

Who do you thank in thanks giving? God, pilgrims??

The religious people of the family say grace, thank god for putting food on the table... that's a whole different discussion though. :P The rest of us stick to tradition, cook some good food and everyone in the family, immediate family anyway, gets together for a day and hangs around and eat some good food. biggrin_o.gif

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Who do you thank in thanks giving? God, pilgrims??

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted' for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have show kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d dy of October, A.D. 1789.

(signed) G. Washington

Wikipedia article on thanksgiving and its origins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Although I'm tempted to go off on a diatribe about the concept of generic gratitude, especially in religious context, I'll skip that and look at it more pragmatically.  wink_o.gif

While we don't have thanksgiving in Europe, good food, family and friends is always a nice combination.

Happy thanksgiving to you on the other side of the pond smile_o.gif

We've already had our thanksgiving here in canada.

I think we need two thanksgivings a year.

I'm in the mood for turkey and mashed potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it.

I think I'll wait until somebody starts to humbly obey my will, before I start giving thanks. wink_o.gif

Happy Thanksgiving.

But I hate it. Whoever came up with the tradition of it's shitty food needs a slap.

Why could'nt it be Hamburgers and Sausage and stuff?

Damn Turkeys...

Which defnition are you refering to?

Quote[/b] ] * Black Friday (1869) - a stock market crash in the United States

* Black Friday (1919) - a riot in Glasgow stemming from industrial unrest

* Black Friday (1939) - a day of devastating fires in Australia

* Black Friday (1978) - a massacre of protesters in Iran

* Black Friday (1982) - known in Britain after Argentina invaded the Falkand Islands, sparking the Falklands War

* Black Friday (shopping) - the day after American Thanksgiving, one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

(source: Wikipedia)

Which defnition are you refering to?
Quote[/b] ]   * Black Friday (1869) - a stock market crash in the United States

* Black Friday (1919) - a riot in Glasgow stemming from industrial unrest

* Black Friday (1939) - a day of devastating fires in Australia

* Black Friday (1978) - a massacre of protesters in Iran

* Black Friday (1982) - known in Britain after Argentina invaded the Falkand Islands, sparking the Falklands War

* Black Friday (shopping) - the day after American Thanksgiving, one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

(source: Wikipedia)

The last one is the scariest of them all. ghostface.gif

Turkey is nice, but nothing beats a good Swedish X-mas meal. smile_o.gif

I was going to say "Except a good Finnish X-mas meal", but who am I kidding. It's essentially the same, except for the "proof".