Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Horse with rider

i only hope u havent taken it from any xbox game biggrin_o.gif

hmm id say to make and general animals pack

with realistic animals etc

liek bunnys squriels etc

lol no I made the model myself, and the textures are from a Morrowind mod. This horse is a one time deal, I don't like animating stuff at all but I've always wanted a horse to ride in ofp.

About the release date, I don't know exactly when it will be done, but it isn't a huge project so It shouldn't take forever to do. One thing that could help me out is if someone could find a good picture of the bottom of a horse's hoof, taken at an angle that would make it a good texture. It doesn't matter if it is shoed or not.

find a good picture of the bottom of a horse's hoof, taken at an angle that would make it a good texture. It doesn't matter if it is shoed or not.

like this?  rock.gif

EDIT: mhm, i always thought it had a U shape.., this looks like a V...

well, the internet is always right! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

now theres something i do know about, I have trained to be a farrier (the guy who puts shoes on horses :P )

Thanks for the pic, guys smile_o.gif Just a little update...

I have come to the conclusion that simply setpossing a unit on top of the horse is useless. It will never work correctly, and it makes it useless as a combat unit. The soldier can't aim and has to rely on the horse to accidentally face a target. However, this is irrelevant, as I have found an even better way of doing it. It solves all the aiming, weapon and collision bugs, and actually simplifies scripting a bit. Basically, I made an invisible turret for the rider to sit in, and the turret is setpossed to the horse. Now the main thing is that you can limit the movement of the turret, so the soldier can have like 30 degrees of movement on each side of the horse. The other important thing is this means that the soldier can have a nice riding animation as well as get it/get out animations. You can also get in and out like you would any other vehicle. The neat thing is that when you get in the turret, a script transfers your soldier weapons to the turret, so you can still use any weapons you want! Anyways, the horse is working very smoothly now and it is looking to be a complete success. I've been modding for a long time now and I always told myself that a horse was too hard, but here i am watching horses walking around with guys riding and shooting. Is there anything ofp can't do?

Nice work. I'm looking forwards to going charging into the fray on horseback, waving a six-shooter around, then probably getting my horse shot through by an RPG-7 crazy_o.gif

about the script i am working on a project i need a special gun on a wall but my scripting really stinks how could i get it done

Quote[/b] ]too bad that wild west mod died...

who says it died wink_o.gif it might just be unreleased

. The neat thing is that when you get in the turret, a script transfers your soldier weapons to the turret, so you can still use any weapons you want!

!!!!!!! Woo & YaY !!!!!!

How did you do that? can the rider still be shot?

Now we can have fox holes etc!

Quote[/b] ]Lets see some pics Master_Chief!

Or a movie? ;)

Eh...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this thing still does not dig holes in OFP terrain...

Eh...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this thing still does not dig holes in OFP terrain...

yes, but a script transfers your soldier's weapons to the turret means that you could have a fox hole as a static tank wich you get in. Once in only the top half of your body is shown above ground and you can fire useing your weapon. A nice modle and textures can hide the fact that there isnt really a hole smile_o.gif

this is really fantastic stuff guys!

phil.. smoke .. and master you folks are the best.

i'm hoping your work will help out the civil war mod

guys, as i've been waiting for this mod for a while

and it wouldnt be the same without cavalry.

keep up the good work!

bigus

er...my development is going real slow and one word - crap!..lol!!!

BUT the good news is.........Master Chief is dah man..i'll bet his horse and rider is ready to roll anytime now. Perfectionist that he is, i guess he is only touching up on the final details. Its truly a significant breakthru, just looking at his research notes, it should be a go. Congrats, MC!..nothing like thundering hooves of a calvary charge in the ofp world with guns 'a blazing! biggrin_o.gif

grrr...I'm having trouble with this invisible turret thingy. At first I couldn't get the original weapons removed from it and the new weapons couldn't be added. Then I discovered that If I don't give it any weapons from the start it works fine. Even the different burst modes work! However, right now the AI won't fire from it, they get in and they can aim at targets but they won't fire. I guess I've got some figuring to do, so wish me luck!

I wish you all the luck in the world...maybe you could get some folks to look at the scripts with you? Two heads are better than one...

Or summon kegetys!

omg christmas smiley is back! xmas_o.gif

Or summon kegetys!

Oh!

Great and good Lord Kegetys

We humble gamers call to you

Rise forth from thine kingdom of code

Where thow art harried by missing brackets

Come unto us in this time of want

Bow for us the chains of game limitations

And show us the light of you'r sageness

We humble gamers call to you

Good Luck Master_Chief!!!

Could you force the AI to shoot with a script in the mission?

turret weapon thingy:-

I once experimented making use of the static mg. instead of mounted mg, i mounted a rpg. it worked fine. I left the memory points alone, remove the mg at resolution LOD and created a rpg model. Config, changed the weapon classes. Ingame it became a static rpg. Drawback was when the 'driver' left the static rpg, the rpg is left hanging in air!...but back then, the developement of setobjectexture was not generally known, otherwise each time the driver getout, an eventhandler will make the weapon 'disappear'.

Ai behaves strangly most of the times, but most of the time, a lil' tweaking in the config's threat[]= and unitinfo will do the job to get him off his ass and shoot. All the best, MC and others working in this developement. xmas_o.gif

I fear that it is something more sinister than that, even if I add the original weapons back to it in the mission editor, the stupid AI still won't fire. The player can use it no problem, which is really wierd as I thought an AI would fire any weapon you gave it access too.

i guess AI will fire only at the threat level set in the addon's config,for example, bis ai soldiers will never fire at the tank or air class vehicle, being smart gentlemen, they prefer to shoot on equal basis..anything bigger, heck! turntail and run!...therefore the only way to get our own addon soldiers or tanks, to fire is to set the config threat[] = {1,1,1}. Anything that moves, they fire!