Sign in to follow this  
billybob2002

Medal of Honour -Pacific-

You think you have enough RAM there Shadow? wow_o.gif

I have a 7200 rpm SATA drive and 1x 512 DDR400, takes a few mins.

I think so. I did manage to get OFP to use around 1.3GB once. It crashed 5 minutes later with a memory-management error biggrin_o.gif

Doom3 does not mini-pause the moment a door opens when the same mission have been played for a longer period of time (it does happen with only 1GB, but its barely noticeable).

I did'nt check how much RAM MOHPA uses. Maybe it does use over 1GB. If it does, then that will explain why I'm barely over 1 minute in loading-time.

Wow  wow_o.gif

I only keep soap, toothpaste abd towels there.

I got to get me a fridge there someday too  tounge_o.gif

I went from room to room collecting things idiot tounge_o.gif. Just kidding. Yeah, I played through the demo again and it isn't very funny 2nd time around. I keep getting killed manning the 50cal shooting down the planes...any tips rock.gif

Ok, I have played the demo several times.

At first I was disgusted with the experience. It seemed to be just another stupid arcade with no real sense of accomplishment, it felt shooting was just superficial, like you never hit anything.

Now I have played a good bit more and the accuracy is MUCH better when you use the M1 garand. The iron sights accuracy with this weapon is almost pinpoint. On the other hand, the Thompson is almost useless unless the enemy very close.

The game is ofcourse not that realistic in terms of physics. You, your team, and the enemy can survive dozens of shots before dying. There is also a health scale on a count of 100.

This is the worst aspect of the game. It is also the very thing that made suspension of belief in MOHAA so difficult. Nothing destroys immersion worse than shooting an enemy 5 times with a rifle and he is still going.

Regardless, my favorite aspect of the MOH games is the immersion. I loved MOHAA because it was so immersive. You can hear the enemy speak in their language with actual native speakers used for the speech.

I notices when you setup play, there is an option for "realism" play. Unfortunately I cannot figure out a way to activate this mode. I would love to see how the game plays in realism mode. Atleast the enemy would not be able to withstand several shots before they go down.

That in my mind is the most important thing to fix.

Wow, after playing more of this demo I am more and more impressed.

When you use the enemy battle rifle, it is one shot one kill, but you have to manually rechamber a round after each shot.

The most impressive aspect of the demo is the incredible immersion. When you see several japanese soldiers lunging at you up close with their bayonets, it is truly a sight to behold.

Not only that, but this game portrays shellshock and injuries with great effect. Your vision goes black and white, sounds of gunfire and yelling becomes faint, you start wavering about. It is as if you are delirious. If you are almost dead, you are laying on the ground looking up at the trees and sky in all black and white. Then you hear almost as if from a distance "It's ok private, you'll be ok", and then you see the figure of your medic above you like an angel bandaging you up. Or you will see his lips move but wont hear anything.

As he heals you color slowly comes back and so does your hearing. It's wierd, but nice.

What? I didn't type all this out for nothing!

Someone respond to this to discuss!

Yawn....What the demo is over, damm shame I missed it all

This is war?.. what a stupid arse statement from the game devs. Mowing down row upon row of Japs and shooting down more planes then the jap navy ever flew with a .50cal

Maybe it shoud read, This is Steven Spielberg Stlye War.

(Goes back to ofp and VBS1)

Now I have played a good bit more and the accuracy is MUCH better when you use the M1 garand. The iron sights accuracy with this weapon is almost pinpoint.

You found an M1 garand? I only start with an M1A1 carbine and Thompson.

Quote[/b] ]The game is ofcourse not that realistic in terms of physics. You, your team, and the enemy can survive dozens of shots before dying. There is also a health scale on a count of 100.

This is the worst aspect of the game.

Physics means the way objects interact with their environment, such as flying corpses, rolling barrels, flying debris etc. What you're talking about is difficulty.

Quote[/b] ]When you use the enemy battle rifle, it is one shot one kill, but you have to manually rechamber a round after each shot.

It is no special innovation, BF, DOD, COD among others use this, along with the spoken languages. In fact it should be mentioned that the gameplay, combat and movement are almost completely copied from Call of Duty, which in turn was a more polished MOHAA.

The thing I liked most about COD is that the iron sights stayed up as long as you held down the RMB, felt so much more fluid than clicking once to bring them up, then clicking again to drop them smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The thing I liked most about COD is that the iron sights stayed up as long as you held down the RMB, felt so much more fluid than clicking once to bring them up, then clicking again to drop them

OFP2? wink_o.gif

I love all the MOD games, from the first one wich was the funnest, playing a agent and try to infiltrate using documents. But it had more of a Hitman feeling to it.

Hmm just tried it, it's a SP demo so why is it accessing the internet? mad_o.gif

The "rechamber" thing is called a "bolt-action". If I'm not mistaken pretty much every WW2 game has at least one, mainly the Mauser K-98 that zee Germans used. Also you get these in Flashpoint with WW2 addons, just there isn't an animation that shows this happening (well, at least not released with the unit's/weapons, as I can't see how it'll work as anims are unit not weapon specific... anyway).

I don't like MOH games any more, infact I don't like any arcade combat games any more, OFP has ruined me for realism. The only other FPS game I play these days is Hidden and Dangerous 2, I love the physics in it! It's great in MP too with a decent team battling against the other side! (this actually makes you play as a team, if you don't you get nailed all the time and can't really get anywhere... unless the other team is crap lol).

In short, I've heard nothing but bad thing's about this game apart from the graphics, it's a typical EA move, make it look nice, f*ck the gameplay. Give it a month till they make an addon for it when it's released, or announce a "new sequel".

First of all I would like to mention that the new Medal of Honour is pretty hardware demanding. I use a Radeon 9800 Pro and still need to run on Medium High settings.

Furthermore the game is a typical MOH / Call of duty game. Lots of scripting, lots of awesome movie sequences and maps that are tunnels.

But all in all a very good game and a good alternative to those that are kind of fed up with the Doom3, Half-life hype.

The game puts you into the battle of Pearl Harbour (awesome), deep into the jungle (lots of vegetation) and into the huge battles of Guadalcanal.

There is a bit of the movie "Pearl Harbour" in it, lots of "a thin red line" and some "Nam" feeling as well. The characters are well chosen and it is fun to play with these AI-team mates.

There are realy awesome moments in this game... When you are wounded, lie on the ground and call for a medic...then the last thing you may see is a Japanese soldier, bending over you, shouting loud and taking his baionette and ... The battles in the jungle are pretty scripted but in contrast to former MOH/COD the AI works well. They retreat, they hide and they trie to overrun you...  

I think I know the taste of most OFP players and those of you who can forgive the scripting for the sake of movie athmosphere will like the game. And what is new in this game, the enemy always has a fair chance to kill you. Realism has been improved a lot (but dont forget, it is MOH). I would recommend it. It is good fun, even more the second time you play it.

shot0139_big.jpg

medal-of-honor-pacific-assault-20040903104253230-000.jpg

good screenshots

http://www.tatakai.co.uk/images/screenshots/fullsize/mohpa17.jpg

http://www.tatakai.co.uk/images/screenshots/fullsize/mohpa5.jpg

http://www.tatakai.co.uk/images/screenshots/fullsize/mohpa4.jpg

http://www.tatakai.co.uk/images/screenshots/fullsize/mohpa1.jpg

http://my.so-net.net.tw/win_clan/MOHBase/news/images/901/mohpa_03b.jpg

http://www.planetmedalofhonor.com/pacific....big.jpg

multiplayer map

http://www.planetmedalofhonor.com/pacific....big.jpg

Albert's post merged with the original MOH:P thread.

How much gameplay is there Albert?

Oh i like Moh smile_o.gif

For me it's a nice mix of realism and pure fun.  It has some realism but not too much.  And it's fun smile_o.gif  

I'd love to have iron sights, i just think it's so cool to shoot with tounge_o.gif  Don't really care about the realism part, it's just fuuuuuuun to aim with smile_o.gif

oh well

i hope they release a new ps2 moh soon.  i hate computers smile_o.gif

I have a Medal of Honor game for the Xbox that also starts at Pearl Harbor and goes to the Philippines, Guadalcanal (then Singapore, IIRC as an OSS agent). Is this the same game? I bought mine about nine months ago. crazy_o.gif

I doubt it is the same... have a look at the screenshots.

I think you are talking about MOH Rising sun? Nah not the same at all. The new Medal of Honour works with the Havok engine. Not comparable.

I194446.jpg

The new Call of Duty game looks sweet. Called Call of Duty: Finest Hour. See video's here.

EDIT: Argh I think this is only for the consoles. United offence is for PC. Oops.

Wow, just played it the second time and it is realy awesome in medium difficulty. Lots of enemies, perfect AI (I mean perfect). And just like in "thin red line" you realy get overrun by enemies if you are not careful. First you fire your heavy machine gun then more and more come runing over the hill and in the end you need to give up your MG-position and need to retreat. In the end you dont even have bullet left, the japanese are finally jumping into your position and then it is balionette against balionette. Awesome game, thumbs up.

I hate myself for having reacted to the Doom3 Hype, from now on I trust my own feelings. smile_o.gif