Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

configless retexture mod

I've noticed quite a few of you use llaumax. Silician and I was working on a retexture mod a long time ago but he has kinda dissapeared on me. I have put together a pack similar to llaumax that does everything llaumax does(replaces stars, moon, and sky) and replaces some vehicles as well without the use of a config. It has been for personal use only, but if enough people are interested I could hunt down the creaters of the textures and models and see if it is ok if I relase it. I know the major contributors are CSLA, BAS, Inquisitor, Silician, Llauma, CBT, Myself, Sigma, and a few others I failed to mention. If any one of these groups say no then I cannot release it. Unless, however, it is a model replacement and not a texture one. I can easily leave it out.

I allready created a "releasable" version of it for people to test and it is 140 megs. The only reason I ask why if I should release it is because I know how anoying it is sometimes to have a modified config mod. I made this so I could have retextured BIS units and still play FDF/CSLA.

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Piccopy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/OFP/newhinds.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/OFP/newressoldiers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/OFP/newm113copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/OFP/Pic1copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/OFP/Pic9.jpg

So, is there enough interest to ask for permission from the authors and for a host?

Seems interesting as an alternative to replacement configs.

But aren't you going into trouble when going in multiplayer if you replace files from the original BIS .pbo ?

Replacement configs are using mod folder (unless someone is crazy enough to replace original config.bin) and so can be used only offline if wished without leading in multiplayer problems, but i am not sure with all those file checkers programs on servers that you are not going in a wall with your solution ?

Quote[/b] ]Replacement configs are using mod folder (unless someone is crazy enough to replace original config.bin) and so can be used only offline if wished without leading in multiplayer problems, but i am not sure with all those file checkers programs on servers that you are not going in a wall with your solution ?

i modifed i changed the model paths on my fdf mod config so everything is nice looking if i want to use it online i just replace that config with the old one

i modifed i changed the model paths on my fdf mod config so everything is nice looking if i want to use it online i just replace that config with the old one

Yes, replacement configs are not a problem.

But there it is not question of a config, it is replacing models in the BIS pbo files, and unless you back up them too , you should have some trouble online.

Replacement configs are using mod folder (unless someone is crazy enough to replace original config.bin) and so can be used only offline if wished without leading in multiplayer problems, but i am not sure with all those file checkers programs on servers that you are not going in a wall with your solution ?

No, it is run as a mod like FDF, CSLA, ECP, ect.... it just has new data.pbo and data3d.pbo files in the mod. You can still have the option of not running it.

Edit: It works the exact same as way llaumax, unsung, and kegety's sky packs.

Edit2: In llaumax, the new stars are a p3d file and you dont get an error message when you run the mod on MP.

Ah ok, i thought you planned to replace original files inside the BIS .pbo.

In a mod folder, all is ok smile_o.gif

I guess my clan would be interested. We could host it too, if traffic doesn't get too excessive. A few 100gb would be no problem though.

why not using CBT HMMWV, M113 and M2A2 instead of that gren hmmwv and M113 shown in your screens...

this far i have never seen us vehicle in that greenish colour...

i like the idea though smile_o.gif

Because CBT doesnt have a vulcan. I am using CBT's M113 however if you look at the pictures carefully.  wink_o.gif Their M2a2 is in there as well, but for some reason it isnt in the picture.

I made the cammo on the vulcan and humvee to be a kind of "OFP" cammo. It is a perfect match for Nogova and Eden though it isnt very "realistic"

Looks interesting.

But what will happen if i use this replacement-mod in a mission using for example CBTs Bradleys? Will this work, too (same model on different vehicles)?

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

.. but if enough people are interested I could hunt down the creaters of the textures and models and see if it is ok if I relase it..

This is the main question in the post, isn't it ?

I am interested smile_o.gif

this looks great, I hope enough people will show their interest too !

yeah, im interested, but please, make the M163 and hmmwv less green...

make some green/black/brown textures...

dont like the green/bright green/olive textures that appears to be on your pic..

dont like the green/bright green/olive textures that appears to be on your pic..

Maybe it's because they are on desert island. A screenshot with a greener background would show how they look in context. (the one green picture is very dark)

Quote[/b] ]Silician and I was working on a retexture mod a long time ago.

I found a copy of your previous work on the Fraghaus FTP (less complete than your pics) and I think this is a really good idea but I dislike the extreme variations in camo. The 5t is alot lighter than the M1A1 and as others have said the M113/HMMWV/Vulcan camo is too... green. It just looks like the US military couldn't decide on a colour scheme. crazy_o.gif

The M1A1 camo is great, if you could base the rest on that it would be excellent. I will download any future versions you care to release as the BIS units look bland by today's standards.

Cap.

Ok, I added the M998(Nato) w/ KFOR markings for the humvee instead of the green one. I am going to send send to a few people and make sure it installs properly before I ask CSLA and CBT for permission.

Quote[/b] ]Silician and I was working on a retexture mod a long time ago.

I found a copy of your previous work on the Fraghaus FTP (less complete than your pics) and I think this is a really good idea but I dislike the extreme variations in camo. The 5t is alot lighter than the M1A1 and as others have said the M113/HMMWV/Vulcan camo is too... green. It just looks like the US military couldn't decide on a colour scheme. crazy_o.gif

The M1A1 camo is great, if you could base the rest on that it would be excellent. I will download any future versions you care to release as the BIS units look bland by today's standards.

Cap.

i agree, or base it on the CBT M113

thats one of the best camos ive seen in OFP this far (if i only count NATO camo)

this is a good idea, im very much interested...i have some modified original BIS addons (silesians retextured stuff and desert island retextured by INQ) and ocasionaly the error pops out in MP, those who with i play regularly dont object, but i was once kicked from a server for this sad_o.gif

configless retexture mod... this looks like allot more then retexturing tounge_o.gif .

i'm all in for a light version of Y2K3, so i can get a guy back into OFP tounge_o.gif . he is heavely against it because he thinks all community made stuff is bad... , already showed him HUK's infantry compared to BIS models, but he just said the pilot (BAS...) looked awfull , and the officer coulj't see anything trough his cap (same with the BIs models you twonk! rock.gif )

Is there a way to remove those white squares on the sides of the BMP?

I guess so.. I'll check out what can be done.