Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

JFK Reloaded

Anybody else see Tom Brokaw on NBC Nightly News tonight? He did a little thing on this game, and he had this really disgusted tone in his voice. Sounded like he didn't like the idea.

I dont have any intention of getting this game, i think its just plain stupid. Whats next? fly a plane into the WTC and try to kill the same amount of people?

....actually, you might be surprized at the shit you may stumble across if you ever decide to search for a remake of Afterburner 3D

*edit* as objectionable as the subject matter of this game might be, I must say that after reading the FAQ, the bullet modelling sounds quite impressive

All feelings aside, since the point of the game is to learn, they'd teach a whole lot more people selling this game to the public, than to some government agency. Smart and smart again. Anyone would find the game dispicable if they didn't know the point of it.

While i don't agree with the content i wouldnt stop anyone from buying it. It's just not my cup of tea, JFK and 9/11 are 2 things i have very strong feelings about.

All feelings aside, since the point of the game is to learn

Let's have Mengel medical experiment games.

All feelings aside? Mistake #1. That's what you have feelings for. Not to become numb.

Pah they got it all wrong. The guy who shot JFK was one Samuel Beckett from Quantum Leap.. Proving once and for all that there was no conspiracy and that SB was a lone gunman firing from the book depository. A double, Lee Harvey Oswald, was placed there after the assassination so that SB could disappear in time and wreak all other sorts of historic and non historic trouble.. Now if you take this seriously you are in dire need of help smile_o.gif

Um, no it was the Cigarette smoking man from the X-files on the Grassy knoll, everyone knows he was the real killer.

duhhhh! tounge_o.gif

It is a game that is coming out that allows you to play as Lee H Oswald and you have to assasinate President Kennedy.
Lee_H._Oswald[/b] @ Nov. 23 2004,23:56)]Stupid game "~idea~"....

MfG Lee rock.gif

hahaha biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

The most bizarre JFK theory I have seen on TV was on Red Dwarf: JFK travelled through time and assassinated himself. crazy_o.gif

I see the press has really jumped on this game now - the designers will be loving it. Even bad press is still free publicity.

It's a shame if all you do in the game, is kill JFK from different spots, or try to recreate the exact shooting.

Is there any behind the scenes stuff, say, interviews with people who were there on the day, and any other exploration of the conspiracy theories?

If not, quite simply, this 'game' lacks scope, and shows the makers are just trying to make a quick buck.

I see the press has really jumped on this game now - the designers will be loving it. Even bad press is still free publicity.

Yep, the media is all over this one just like they were all over the first Grand Theft Auto.

The most bizarre JFK theory I have seen on TV was on Red Dwarf: JFK travelled through time and assassinated himself.  crazy_o.gif

That was a most amusing episode. Just goes to demonstrate that you should never manipulate time, no matter how much you want Indian curry or you may just end up in a country run by the mafia and dine on some dead guy.

On the subject of the game, I really do wonder, how many times can you kill Kennedy? If I understand correctly the game play revolves around killing the same target in the same setting with the same weapon from the same location over and over again in the hope of getting the 'perfect kill'. Seems to be a bit limited. The developers say they want to dismiss conspiracy theories, but is it really necessary to turn such a serious and sensitive occasion into entertainment?  rock.gif

The developers say they want to dismiss conspiracy theories, but is it really necessary to turn such a serious and sensitive occasion into entertainment?  rock.gif

Well why not? How many times has the assassination been the topic in TV series and movies? How many times has it been spoofed? How many more or less insane theories have been presented in entertainment so far?

Some people will always be offended by anything they see in games or movies. Just ignore them.

Perhaps you have a point, but I suppose it comes down to the intent of the material. Using the Red Dwarf episode as an example, they weren't really trying to present a serious theory; the sole aim was to entertain. The creators of the game on the other hand have not said 'We believe it would be fun to shoot JFK over and over again and now you can have the chance to kill him as well', they are saying they have a constructive motive of dispelling conspiracies, but they have not chosen to present this in an informative way. Instead of demonstrating their technology in a documentary, they have turned in into a game where you get points for shooting an iconic figure.

But each to their own in the end.

just a seriously f***ed up brain trying to make some desperate bucks. this is just stupid.

I totally agree.

What the hell!

This game can't be fun.

Some people just step over the line... way to F'ing far!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  unclesam.gif

The things people do for money!! sad_o.gif

It will be interesting how sales would go. I think, due to the great media exposure, people will buy it just to see what the fuss is all about. It might be educational (i don't know to what extent?rock.gif), but what can u learn? how to kill someone?(im not sure of the level of accuracy or detail in comparison to real life)

It brings into question the responsibility of game developers and other entertainment creators (games, movies, etc) to restrict the level of violence that is exposed to the community. It must be said that part of the responsibility falls on the consumer himself.

I hope the consumer sends a message to the developers and other companies that this is unacceptable, by not buying or downloading the game, but ths will be tough, due to the large media exposure. mad_o.gif