Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

JFK Reloaded

It is a game that is coming out that allows you to play as Lee H Oswald and you have to assasinate President Kennedy.

The game recreats the exact time and place where the incident occured. The scene, the book depository, the motorcade, the crown have all been recreated in the game.

The game creators claim the game is being made to allow theorists a way to "test" various conspiracy theories regarding second shooters etc.

The game awards you points if you can duplicate the killing the exact say way it occured in real life, such as bullet trajectory. The game tracks bullet movement through human bodies and calculates exit wounds also.

There is an article on the game currently at msn.com

Personally I don't know what to say. I don't have anything against the game personally due to the creators intentions. But this really opens the door to games of all nature and I am not sure this is a good thing.

Soon enough we will have games that teach people to kill, instructional games with photorealistic graphics.

...seems in pretty poor taste to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love nasty, violent games (Postal 2, Carmageddon, GTA series); but when it comes to recreating a real life killing - I dunno, just feels wrong to me.

... I not sure if any time distance could make this subject matter OK.

As for terrorist using this game: probably won't make a difference. At worst its a sick fantasy that any anarchist has already considered and mock planned. No net damage done. Most terrors have AKs and Stingers. Same with leaking Army tactics in games; most terrorist already knew that Americans use big guns and tactics, before the games media. All they need is a sniper spot.

But I really wonder why there was motivation to make this game for "historical" reasons.

(Oh, and the only real time anyone sickly used the media for info were the Feyadeen watching Black Hawk Down. The cell phone idea helped them shoot down helicopters, but most of the info actually hurt them: eg rpg ambushes on M1 Abrams were blown up.)

So... is any SANE volunteer willing to try out this software and provide some discussion material? (I'm assuming its free...) blues.gif

EDIT:: Hey! It's an investigation! Maybe they are trying to investigate the human element...

So... is any SANE volunteer willing to try out this software and provide some discussion material? (I'm assuming its free...)  blues.gif

I'll give it a go tonight or tommorow and provide some info.

Edit:

It's not free, but I'm checking out this demo it has.

Pah they got it all wrong. The guy who shot JFK was one Samuel Beckett from Quantum Leap.. Proving once and for all that there was no conspiracy and that SB was a lone gunman firing from the book depository. A double, Lee Harvey Oswald, was placed there after the assassination so that SB could disappear in time and wreak all other sorts of historic and non historic trouble.. Now if you take this seriously you are in dire need of help smile_o.gif

BTW last time I saw SB he was captaining a certain starship  biggrin_o.gif

Well, the demo it has lasts about a grand total of 30 seconds. You start off in the book depository, looking onto the street. JFK's car turns the corner and you can watch it go around the street. In the demo, when you try to fire, it comes up as a red "No" sign type thing comes up through the scope, and every time you click the mouse to fire info about the assassination comes up for you to read.

It's not free, but I'm checking out this demo it has.

The demo?

How many different ways can you shoot a single man? Do you have to go hunt for your hiding spot or do you just stand there and blow away at him for a 10 minute period?

Quote[/b] ]Quantum Leap..

I loved that show biggrin_o.gif

You can't move from the window, at least not in the demo. And like I said, you don't actually get to shoot him and see the accuracy, you just head a click from the weapon and then info about the assassination comes up. You don't get to actually fire, or see the results of accuracy.

You can't move from the window, at least not in the demo.  And like I said, you don't actually get to shoot him and see the accuracy, you just head a click from the weapon and then info about the assassination comes up.  You don't get to actually fire, or see the results of accuracy.

Thanks for the additional info.. Not wasting valuable 56k d/l for a non playable demo.. Not that I'm into that sort of thing.. but I was 11 when news came about JFK being shot. The school had a moment of silence and lowered the flag to half mast.. Not bad for a school in a non US country thousands of miles away. Nowadays it would be Who? Got shot? Where? Oh how sad.. never mind.. Next! biggrin_o.gif

Don't forget Abraham Lincoln: Reloaded. biggrin_o.gif

I don't think I'll be buying it, just too gruesome for me. There's a difference between a fake assassination that somebody wrote for a storyboard and a real assassination that killed real people.

Maybe they'll get really historic?

Able: reloaded

You are Cain... biggrin_o.gif

This is an excerpt from an article in today's Jerusalem Post, by one of the Post's staff:

Quote[/b] ]The secrets of Dallas

By ARIEH O'SULLIVAN

On April 7, 1964, a 26-year-old detective in the New Orleans Police Department appeared before the Warren Commission investigating the previous November's assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

That detective was my father, Fred (later Efraim) O'Sullivan.

I'd always known my dad had been acquainted with Lee Harvey Oswald. They had grown up half a block from each other and shared homerooms at school: My father sat in front of Lee for years, O'Sullivan alphabetically ahead of Oswald.

Somewhere back in my mother's house today there is a letter from Jacqueline Kennedy thanking him for appearing before the commission. It wasn't something he spoke of often – just a tidbit of information in a life that went on to greater adventures.

To view the full article at the JPost, you'll need to register. It's free and so far no spam from them as far as I can tell. I've been registered for over a year.

You really need to stop pimping Jerusalem Post to people Avon  wink_o.gif

Actually, it's far free from spam. They send out various crap on a regular basis. I've had them on my block list for quite a while.

In short, not recommended.

Anyway here's the full articleo:

Quote[/b] ]

O0n April 7, 1964, a 26-year-old detective in the New Orleans Police Department appeared before the Warren Commission investigating the previous November's assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

That detective was my father, Fred (later Efraim) O'Sullivan.

I'd always known my dad had been acquainted with Lee Harvey Oswald. They had grown up half a block from each other and shared homerooms at school: My father sat in front of Lee for years, O'Sullivan alphabetically ahead of Oswald.

Somewhere back in my mother's house today there is a letter from Jacqueline Kennedy thanking him for appearing before the commission. It wasn't something he spoke of often – just a tidbit of information in a life that went on to greater adventures.

Kennedy's assassination in Dallas was a benchmark event. Everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news, just as we remember where we were when we heard that the other John – Lennon – had been shot dead; and the Saturday night Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated.

But with JFK we always believed there was a conspiracy. I mean, how could one lone gunman have killed the president of the United States, in a rolling motorcade, at an almost impossible distance?

My father always intimated that he thought there was more to the story, and that the plots to kill JFK and black rights activist Martin Luther King Jr., gunned down in Memphis in 1968 by white supremacist James Earl Ray, crossed paths in New Orleans.

There were a lot of mysteries in New Orleans in the 1960s and my father, as commander of intelligence at the New Orleans Police Department, had a ringside seat.

Dad's ties to Oswald included his efforts, when he was active with the Civil Air Patrol in high school, to get Lee to join the drill marching team.

"Oswald carried himself always erect, always gave the impression that he could be marching, that he may be marching, eyes straight ahead, head straight, shoulders back, so he impressed me as the sort of fellow that would really fit well on the drill team," my father would tell the Warren Commission all those years later.

"He seemed like he could – well, he even gave the impression that he would make a pretty good leader if he ever got into the squadron."

The commission, I found, reading dad's testimony in the basement of the Stanford library, questioned him over a possible "relationship" between Oswald and a man called David Ferrie, a known New Orleans homosexual with dubious links to the mob.

"I am trying to get things straight in my mind," my dad told them. "Of course I have been trying to get it straight in my mind, just what I know and what I have heard.

"It gets kind of confusing when you read so much. Sometimes you remember things that you don't really remember, you know."

Gosh, my old man seemed so young and earnestly innocent back then.

Eventually, he recalled that Ferrie – who had earlier been charged with a "crime against nature with a juvenile" – was arrested after the assassination in connection "with this Oswald situation."

"Now you go ahead," encouraged Wesley Liebeler, a member of the commission, pushing dad for more details.

And so he told them how he and another New Orleans detective drove out to the local airport immediately after the assassination to examine Ferrie's airplane. It was their initiative, he said. They wondered if Ferrie had somehow been involved.

"We wanted to check it to see if it was flyable... with the thought that he may have transported Oswald to Dallas We found the plane, but his plane was not in flyable condition. It had flat tires, instruments missing, needed a paint job.

We also checked to see if he had rented an aircraft... and one company in particular said they wouldn't rent him an airplane."

An apparent dead end – even though New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison would later finger Ferrie, memorably portrayed by Joe Pesci in Oliver Stone's JFK, as a prime suspect in the assassination and would haul him in for more questioning more than three years after the killing.

Garrison would talk of the JFK murder as a "homosexual thrill killing," and later as a wider CIA /anti-Castro / military-industrial plot, asserting a major role for Ferrie in both; Ferrie was still denying all involvement when he died in February 1967.

Kennedy conspiracists kept returning to my father over the years, through to the late 1970s.

When I close my eyes I can just make out my old man as a young cop. His hair cut in the traditional flat top. His soul still Irish Catholic before he saw the light and we threw away our Christmas tree, lit the big brass menora and took off for Zion land.

My father had voted for the Catholic Kennedy. JFK's death wounded the hearts of so many men, catching them off-guard and suddenly making them think of what they had done and what they could be.

My father was certainly one of those affected. You could hear in his testimony how shattered dad was.

"Well I have put quite a bit of thought on this ever since it all happened," he told the commission, before concluding regretfully: "As much as I would like to help, I just can't think of anything else [to add]... There is nothing else I can think of."

To me, as I was growing up, dad often used to say there was more to JFK's assassination than met the eye. But he never gave me any details, and I never pressed him. Always a close friend, he had his private side. He'd keep secrets better than anyone I have ever known.

Once I stumbled upon a Lebanese driver's license in his name, with his photo in it, in his desk drawer. He shrugged it off, telling me it was for my own good I not know. I was brought up not to prod.

Still, I wish I had pushed him more on JFK before the years and strokes started to dim his brain.

And so the other day, as the 41st anniversary neared, I telephoned him to make one more attempt.

"Forty-one years! Already?" he stuttered incredulously down the transatlantic line, from the nursing home in Mississippi.

"Who killed JFK?" I asked him straight out, wondering whether he really could cast any new light on America's most puzzling enigma.

"Just Lee," he managed to say. "By himself."

"That's it?"

"Well, I have my suspicions who helped him."

And then the nurse hung up the phone.

I purchased JFK: Reloaded.

The ballistic modeling is rather impressive, and it appears to have a form of ragdoll physics. Also, there's a comprehensive set of replay options.

I'm having a difficult time of thoroughly recreating the Warren Comission's version of events, not because it's impossible, but merely because you are required to miss the first shot to stay accurate to the Warren Comission findings.

At any rate, I don't see how proving Oswald was able to make the fatal shots on Kennedy automatically dissolves the notion of a conspiracy - Maybe if the developers had less of an agenda we could've been given a more flexible simulation.

And, of course they plan to give away $100,000 - Why not make the prize $50,000 and make it a free download? Surely that would be more in step with their stated goal of educating us all.

And, of course they plan to give away $100,000 - Why not make the prize $50,000 and make it a free download? Surely that would be more in step with their stated goal of educating us all.

Because they hope more $&%$§ like you will buy it ('just out of curiosity' of course) thanks to all the free public relations they got for all around the world?

BBC - JFK Shooting game Provokes Anger

Quote[/b] ]A Scottish firm has been criticised by the family of John F Kennedy for producing a game which recreates the president's assassination in Dallas.

"JFK Reloaded" was released on Monday to coincide with the 41st anniversary of the president's assassination.

David Smith, a spokesman for Senator Ted Kennedy, the brother of JFK, said the PC-based game was "despicable".

Click here:news.bbc.co.uk

I dont have any intention of getting this game, i think its just plain stupid. Whats next? fly a plane into the WTC and try to kill the same amount of people?

What some people do for money, its a shame.