its a top part of the model

can any one help?

thx

From the readme me in TexView (Officail BIS texture viewing utility):

Quote[/b] ]Supported formats

=================

Input:

JPG

TGA (24 bit / 32 bit with alpha channel )

PAA

PAC

Important note: All input textures should have resolution 2^x / 2^y (e.g. 16 / 16, 32 / 32, 64 / 64, 256 /256)

Output:

TGA (32 bit with alpha channel)

PAA/PAC ( 12 bit RGB + 4 bit alpha channer / 8 bit grayscale + 8 bit alpha channel / 16 bit DTX DirectX compressed texture format with optional 1 bit alpha channel)

How to use it

=============

You can open any supported image using menu File / Open or drag and drop the image file icon into the main window of Texview (tip: you may assign PAA and PAC extensions to TEXVIEW application using Windows desktop).

You can save the file into the format you need. The output file format (PAC, PAA or TGA) will be choosen depending on the extension you write in "Save As..." dialog to the filename line. Bit depth and optional alpha channel will be selected automaticaly depending on the format of the source image. Please be aware that bit depth of the exported texture may be lower than bit depth of your source image. During the export all mipmap levels of the texture will be created automatically.

Currently supported textures in Operation Flashpoint can have resolution up to 256 x 256. Higher resolution textures are fully supported by TexView tool and Flashpoint can work with them but it will always force to use 256 x 256 mipmap (maybe this will be changed in some future version of the game exe).

It looks like 256 x 256 is the highest resolution that is currently available for proper display of the textures.

Wadmann

It looks like 256 x 256 is the highest resolution that is currently available for proper display of the textures.

Wrong. Resistance supports texture sizes up to 4096x4096, in fact if you're using HW T&L even default BIS units use 1024x1024 textures (all those small 256x256 textures are merged into one large textures inside merged.pbo).

well i know that ofp can handle texture sizes up to 4096Ë›

but wtf does a 1024*2048 crash my laptop when i use it for setobjecttexture..

i mean other things work wih setobjecttexture when i use it

i tired with 128*256 ones and it workerd fine

when i tried that bigger one it freezed the game...

As far as i remember the texture has to be "preloaded". If the texture is loaded via the setobjecttexture command it's only displayed in 64Ë›.

The trick is to put a small bit of this texture into the object you want to use the texture with. For example you want to change the helmet texture with the setobjecttexture command. You simply put a small face "invisibly" into the helmet with the texture which can be changed so it's loaded together with all the other textures during startup...