Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

addon idea: HYK tortured captive

I checked the latest HYK release and it was missing one thing.  A captive, who actually looked beaten up, helmetless, stripped down to his t shirt and pants and socks and just beaten.  Now that'd be awesome.  Just think about it.

Then that'd make an awesome rescue mission where the government or whoever took him didn't treat him so kindly but he still didn't give out, still didn't give up any information. If not, is there a beaten up face addon?

make rescue mission alot cooler. Actully rescue someone who looks captived. wink_o.gif

Exactly, exactly.  Here's what I think:

1.Beaten up and bruised face.

2.Brown, army issue T shirt.  

3.  HYK camo bdu pants.

4.  No boots.  Must have no boots.

5.  Shirtless is another option too, but must have whiplashes on his back or something to that effect.

The problem with that is, i can't put in my PC jail on mungari or mcnools and make it authentic and tonal lags me out.  You can't keep a beaten up and tortured man in a hut with an open door.  Not even if it had guards it still wouldn't be cool.  The guards fall asleep n crap. Another thing is, he can't have his boots on. If he has his boots on he can run.

Move the health slider a bit to the left rock.gif , he may still have his boots on but he will feel so weak that he will only be able to crawl biggrin_o.gif .

I think more like:

Brown undershirt

Camo trousers

Boots

You don't take boots off for interrogation...

You don't take boots off for interrogation...

Isn't beating the bottom of someone's feet with a stick a known torture method?

Also, aren't boots sometimes or at some point removed from prisoners to limit their walking and kicking abilities as well as to prevent hiding objects such as blades?

Another reason POWs have there boots taken is because one of their captures want them. I mean, if it's a U.S. prisoner, then 9 out of 10 times, they are going to be wearing nicer hear then the bad guys. Also, the boot laces could be a bad thing for a hostage to have, suicide, etc.

Monty

Quote[/b] ]Another reason POWs have there boots taken is because one of their captures want them. I mean, if it's a U.S. prisoner, then 9 out of 10 times, they are going to be wearing nicer hear then the bad guys

like some Nike Air Max GP boots?

boots are boots man - governments all buy them from the same place - the cheepest manufacturer.

this is a good idea for an addon! would make for a lot of potential missions.

id also suggest if there was going to be custom anim's etc, then to make a civilian guy as well - rescue the businessman taken hostage by militants.. that sorta thing. blues.gif

boots are boots man - governments all buy them from the same place - the cheepest manufacturer.

The U.S more commonly fights irregular forces nowdays, and they dont usually have a logistics guy buying thousands of pairs of boots for them.

why not make an orange jumpsuit prisioner?

since some reason that is popular.

maybe even some dead decapatived bodies.

or ones missing a leg or arm due to rpg hit. or rough eject.

and dirty cloths. sweat caked covered in thick caking dust and dirt.

and btw the US military does not rescue civilians.

they will secure and help evac stranded ones.

but if they are help captive. they for the most part won't unless there is a high value person. IE goverment agency offical.

as for boots most insurgents would rather steal a pair of nike tenis shoes then boots. it makes it easier for them to blend in if they are wearing tenis shoes. also if they are wearign a pair of US issued boots it would make them easier to point out.

and in middle eastern cultures it is doubt full you would take off a shoes of someone and torture their feet since showing the bottoms of your feet/shoes or even throwign your shoes at some one is like giving someone the finger in the US.

so if you where to torture a person's feet it would be an insult to you..

in some cases you see in the videos the person not wearing shoes but if you notice they were wearign the jump suit and looks like nothing else even under it.

and btw it is pointless to torture a business man since what info can he give you but when to sell your stocks..

from what i have seen of the prisions held by middle eastern insurgents it actual looks like they where not beaten or tortured.. just the phycological torment of threats of death.

evne the few soldiers captured looked semi unbeaten..

the one who hold the hostages know there is little reason to hurt the hostage it will not get them anything.

but yes the civilian mad mobs do beat the crap out of people and what not but those are just part of the mob mentality. and they do it out of oppurtunity rather then reason.

an hostage taker is calm cool and has a reason and a plan.

now liek a pow in war againest a real country. might be tortured to get info out of them. but even then for the most part it would be something that leaves no marks.(for a country liek russia) since they know they would have to anwser for it they would do the light phyiscal torture or the heavy phycological torture. like the US uses on it's captured "pows" er enemy combatens or whatever term the white house is usign this month.

now if the person captured is CIA or in a covert mission.

he has little protection uner the laws of war. since to be protected the operating country would have to claim the agent. some times they are claimed soem times not but either way they do get tortured since they were actual doing an illegal act. but again all this depends on the country, situation, etc

Nothing like taking a prisoner's boots away... and tickling his feet!

Oooo! The torture!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif

Isn't beating the bottom of someone's feet with a stick a known torture method?

I can vouch for that. My ex-girlfriend had a wonderful line in getting her own way with a stick.

guys in flight suits ...and a few better "crashed Aircraft"

Quote[/b] ]and in middle eastern cultures it is doubt full you would take off a shoes of someone and torture their feet since showing the bottoms of your feet/shoes or even throwign your shoes at some one is like giving someone the finger in the US.

I watched a documentary on Link TV (It's kind of like Al-jazzeria lite) any way there was a moment after a batte in it where the muslims were taking boots off corpses for their own use. Also I've read and heard many accounts of people under nice old uncle Saddams rule getting their feet beaten as torture.

also Civvies in stages of beating for the "proof of life" type missions

Drill you are the man. your avatar pic is damn weird, but you are still the man.

and calm_terror, I dont actually agree with a lot of what you said.

If the US military does not rescue civilians, that is ok - there are plenty of addons out there that are other than US - *AND* seeming that OFP is generally fantasy based, why cant the civilian model be, for the purposes of that mission, a diplomat or ambassador?

GP boots are pretty standard every where - and while I agree that the type of troops the US are now fighting in Iraq probably dont want them, there are plenty of para-military forces out there that do. If this addon ever came to be, they wouldnt need to be used as a purely Iraqi conflict addon.

Quote[/b] ] from what i have seen of the prisions held by middle eastern insurgents it actual looks like they where not beaten or tortured.. just the phycological torment of threats of death.

evne the few soldiers captured looked semi unbeaten..

the one who hold the hostages know there is little reason to hurt the hostage it will not get them anything.

I am assuming you are not referring to the numerous *civilian* hostages that have had their heads cut off??

Cause that is pretty darn realistic torment!! "hey, if your government doesnt pull out, i might cut your head off... oh. woops. i already have?"

Quote[/b] ]and btw it is pointless to torture a business man since what info can he give you but when to sell your stocks..

You arent getting the money off the business man when you kidnap him... you get it off their families/company. HAve you seen 'Proof of life'? set in south america somewhere? or a more recent one set in Mexico where the little girl got kidnapped and denzel rescued her? 'man on fire' or something like that....

torturing or beating is a domination thing - it is to ensure they know who is in control, that their threats are serious, and, to limit the chances of escape - pretty hard to run away with mutilated feet, broken legs etc etc.

Quote[/b] ]now liek a pow in war againest a real country. might be tortured to get info out of them. but even then for the most part it would be something that leaves no marks.(for a country liek russia) since they know they would have to anwser for it they would do the light phyiscal torture or the heavy phycological torture. like the US uses on it's captured "pows" er enemy combatens or whatever term the white house is usign this month.

Are you suggesting that Iraq is not a real country?? or that they wouldnt torture each other to get info out of each other?? the 'insuregents' have an intelligence network - they are not just simply guys with AK47's and whatever else.

I'm all for this addon, and think a small range of injured models would be all thats needed- say a guy in bush camo, a guy in desert camo, a dude in a orange prisoner suit or whatever, and also a civilian.. they can even all have the same injuries etc.. just so they can be used in a range of maps.

biggrin_o.gif

Drill Sergeant you are an excellent artist.  Beaten up civillians like calm terror said more than likely will not be rescued but who's to say that they're not scientists withholding information or spies even?  So how about you then DS? Drill Sergeant, is it possible you could keep the faces, especiallly the female, but throw them in some military gear, and please remove the boots.  Hell, you've got some military gear already in the softpack and you had that tshirt model done and posted before.  

military gear of soldier:  standard brown t shirt, camo trousers, no boots just socks.

military gear of pilot:  pilot outfit, no helmet, no boots just socks.

military gear of political prisoner:  orange jumpsuit no boots just socks.

and all with beaten up faces.

By the way, nice firing squad vignettes going on over there.

Soldiers and prisoners will come.

ATM I'm finishing up the civilians and testing new

methods of applying blood/bumps/cuts.

Also going to test some other things, possibly

some woonded anims to make it harder for them

to get away.

The blind fold needs a bit of work, and I still have

to model the bags over the head deal. Also hope

to make it so if your the one with the bag over

your head you can barely see thru it, which will

make running away sort of hard to do.

Maybe some roped up people too. tounge_o.gif

Just a suggestion, if I could remove the rope, id no longer be a captive and the guards could shoot me.  Hint.  Another suggestion, if the rope was gone i could remove whats on my head.  Hint two.  Carry on...

Edit: You can never discourage someone who wants to push something to the limits for the sake or your own inpatience.

Eeep crazy_o.gif , that looked brutal, funny nobody mentioned the torture methods aplied by the US MP to the iraqi prisioners, any way GJ DS, it looks very good.. well kind of crazy_o.gif .