Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

An alternative for the pistol replacement pack stand aiming.

]http://img150.echo.cx/img150/2210/cvbcvbcb9fb.jpg[/img]

look a bit strange in the middle of a battlefield, but at least it offers more diversity.

I don't know if it's been said, but this stance is quite commonly trained in case of an arm, shoulder has been wounded. wink_o.gif

My two cents.

fixed the running animation. running

video?

If you can fix more animations (and there are a tons of improvements that can be made as i see myself a lot of things that are not that good on my animations) you will be able to release a better pack.

things are going to get pretty hectic if every person to make a better anim has to release his own pack. I think you should let people "donate" better anims to be included in new versions of your anim pack, of course giving credit in the readme and everything else that goes with a collaborative effort. Just a suggestion.

Basically it is the same, the difference is that the body is moved a bit more high, so his running animations is less "frantic" than the one i wanted in my pack.

Some people can prefer his sprint animation, but personally i prefer the "frantic" one found in the 1.7 pack, it makrs the difference more bewteen the jogging and sprinting.

But the more choices, the better, keep making improvement icon14.gif.

Quote[/b] ]things are going to get pretty hectic if every person to make a better anim has to release his own pack. I think you should let people "donate" better anims to be included in new versions of your anim pack, of course giving credit in the readme and everything else that goes with a collaborative effort. Just a suggestion.

I understand,

But when i suggest to someoone to release his "own" pack, i just hope someone will make a lot of "better" or "improved" anims, not just include 5/6 of his own and call it a pack, that would be a bit ridiculous.

if you check his sholder and and his weapon u'll see that they don't turn unsoftly.

like your weapon did go up and then down again in 2 of the frames I changed that. and the sholder turned but a sholder can't turn like that if u're not really trying to make it turn.

running normal you can lean forward like in your anim. but with a weapon that weight 3 to 6 kg it's do diffucult and u would fall forward.

but if u want I can change back. and just a suggesstion for the standing anim. turn him about 30 or 20 gredes to the left. not as in the BIS anim but something between them. I tried to stand as in your anim and I had the strengh my left shoulder just a bit forward. so just a little to the right would be perfect.

Hey, finally a forum topic that makes sense biggrin_o.gif

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the pistol firing animation(s) to make the soldier just let his rifle/MG "hang" across his stomach (like Sanctuary's patrol anims) when he draws his weapon? This way, the pistol would be drawn quicker, and it would look a whole deal more real than the current BIS-style one.

Only one problem arises with this, that I can think of, is when one lies down. Maybe the rifle could be pushed out to the side by the soldier, and when he gets up again, the rifle could naturally slide over onto his stomach again?

Is any of this dooable, and more imortantly, could anyone try it out?

but if u want I can change back. and just a suggesstion for the standing anim. turn him about 30 or 20 gredes to the left. not as in the BIS anim but something between them. I tried to stand as in your anim and I had the strengh my left shoulder just a bit forward. so just a little to the right would be perfect.

In my opinion you should follow your idea, it is better than trying to follow everyone suggestions or else at the end there will be so many suggestions that you will be quickly out of free time and unable to satisfy them all.

Like i say, if there are different alternatives for a specific animation, it is always better.

As the users will then have possibility to choose which one he can prefer instead of always using the same animation with just a hand or a shoulder more to the left or to the right.

And if you make an animation or an improvement following your idea, the result will be different than what i did or thought, offering this alternative i am talking about to the users .

So in that case, if you think your idea is better, do not change to my suggestion, keep it like you want it to be.

The benefit, user side, will be greater.

Keep up your good work and maybe you will end with a complete replacement pack of your own , better than the ones availables from different people.

If I may I would like to post a request for anyone interseted, call it kind of a chalange wink_o.gif then...

I am working on a stretcher addon, and I need new anims, I need an animation to use on a vehicle (the stretcher) classed as a bicycle. You all know that OFP bikes allow for units to have certian animations while "driving" it, so I am going to use this for my stretcher. Basicly, if anyone wants to help, I need an animation (including weapon proxy on back) of a soldier walking with his hands at his sides for carrying a stretcher. Now they need to be at his sides and not infront or behind him, because the one anim (I would prefer) should work for both the foward and rear guys carrying the stretcher.

Now I am not sure if anyone has done anything realted to bicycles but if anyone is willing to give it a shot I would be forever greatful. wow_o.gif

good idea KyleSarnik!! What about making a "invisible strecher" and have the animation when laying "on it" to look like the soldier is carried without stretcher and are hanging. You know, one soldier grab legs and the other the gear..

ANNOUCEMENT

Coming soonâ„¢ in your Operation Flashpoint installation after a long development.

DMA Animation Pack 1.0

Brought to you by the Dynamic Mission Alliance (Honchoblack, TacRod, Sanctuary) .

What to expect :

-Complete correction of the "broken" back problem that has plagued all the units , that had their back in an impossible position due to human anatomy big errors in the Sanctuary's animation packs serie.

-Change of the weapon position to correct loss of polygon in 1st person view because of the disappearance of a part of the weapon in the unit head

-Position of the stock of the weapons now on the shoulder correcting for some weapons the "stock floating near the cheek" and the "scope in front of the hairs instead of the eyes".

Notice it is not a Sanctuary's Animation pack 1.8, as is not only reparing heavy esthetic problems.

It will have a different feeling from the Sanctuary's Animation pack serie due to the fact the majority of the animations are made totally from scratch.

Make a note in your agenda for a planned release in this week-end , the DMA animation pack is coming slowly but surely.

that's great to hear. Im thinking these new animations will be almost as good as the new ones BIS is making, if not better from the screenshots ive seen of armed assault and OFP2.

I guess the anims for amred assult and ofp2 will be better. since they have MUCH better programs they can make much better anims. also they got motion capture. nothing is so good as motion capture. sanct's anims are better than ofp's anims in a realistic point of view. but bis ones are softer and smother.

and u can never determinate if an animation is good or not by looking at a picture beacuse of 1 single reason. the animations are 3d models that MOVES. a picture doesn't move tounge_o.gif

Well, comparing an amateur work on OFPAnim from someone that does not really like animating with a professional work done on professional tools from someone that certainly like his job inside of BIS is not really fair wink_o.gif

More on topic, another night of testing and tweaks made, this time it went very good and it seems the long time i spent on those packs is finally touching the very end.

Unless something very ugly that i have overlooked in my multiple testing sessions with several different units models and addons weapon is reported by my DMA colleagues, when they will have finished their own tests, the release will even certainly take place before the week end.

There will be 2 packs : the classic one and the patrol one.

Despite the 2 packs are major release compared to the previous Sanctuary's animation packs, notice that a bit more work have been made in the Patrol version, that should be the masterpiece of this release.

The Classic version will have the "weapon on back" set of animations mostly untouched since Sanctuary's anim pack 1.7, as i had no real esthetic problems myself with those specific animations.

But have no fear, all the other animations of this Classic pack are a major rework or totally redone and it will stay the best choice for those willing to have only a "normal" replacement of the OFP anims.

As some people can prefer it over the patrol modification of this "weapon on back" stance.

It will be released with the same free to use/modify policy as the previous Sanctuary's Animation packs, so you will be able to use them , modify them , release them along your other works without having to ask me.

Stay tuned as it should be released in your lifetime, unless Murphy decides to show himself.

is it possible to somehow make different animations for each side in this release?

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to somehow make different animations for each side in this release?

Not in a simple replacement like this

To obtain different animations by side or units, you need a config work , either by modifying a main config.bin or an addon config.cpp.

Having a modified config is not the purpose of this upcoming replacement pack, but there are some mods like the Virtual Military Engineer China mod that is offering different animations by side.

And soon the Flash Fx : Unit Replacement mod that will be offering the same kind of feature.

You should look for these mods if you want different animations by side.

I myself have always wondered why nobody made any left handed anims, would be cool for left handed people.

Maybe if there was a "mirror" feature in OFPAnim for the whole model and its proxies, i certainly would have made it to offer more diversity, but as there is no such feature unfortunately you will not see such left handed pack from me, sorry.

wow those animations look much smoother. I cant wait for these biggrin_o.gif .

Sanctuary...thank you for appeasing us whining masses and making the new pistol animation (or was it mostly me!) Your efforts are really appreciated! smile_o.gif

Like for my other packs, i release an AI only "crouch ready" to replace the AI only "stand ready" for the people more interested to have the AI taking "artifically" cover when not moving instead of staying open to any kind of fire.

ccccccc8sr.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

Right Click on that link and Save..As

--------------------------------------------------------

In the zip archive you will find

savareDOLEVA.rtm (AI stand ready rotate left or right)

savareDOPRAVA.rtm (AI stand ready rotate left or right, never remember which one actually)

savarestanistat.rtm (AI stand ready)

savarestani.rtm (alternative AI stand ready, AI alt anims were used in CWC 1.46 , but i never ever saw an AI using an AI alternative since Resistance , but i leave it here just in case someone is lucky enough to observe an AI alt stand ready in Resistance)

kulometSMRT.rtm (a death animation for standing , modified so it does not look out of place if the AI is crouch ready)

kulometSMRT2.rtm (death anim static)

If you want to use the AI crouch ready instead of the normal AI stand ready, install those files in one of the Anim.pbo from a DMA anim pack (should work better with this pack, as the DMA anim pack "crouch" has been used as a basis to make it) by overwriting files of the same name.

Remember to backup your Anim.pbo in case you don't like the AI only "crouch ready" and want to roll back to the previous AI only "stand ready"

That's all.

anychance anyone can send me a clean resistance config.bin file

i used my original resistance config bin for the crouch walk

and now now since theres a new animation pack and it doesnt work with it i was wondering if anyone still has a clean resistance config bin

i just dont want reinstall the whole game yet again

thanks in advance

fixed it myself

i read sanctuarys tutorial on the crouch walk anim

this thread is pretty good reference

For people wanting to use a more "combat" ready stance for the AI, in case you find the one included in the DMA animation pack is too "relaxed" for an AI supposed to be on a battlefield.

gffhff2wk.jpg

-------------------

Right Click on that link and Save...As

-------------------

Extract the file savarestanistat.rtm from the archive and replace the file of the same name inside one of the Anim.pbo you are using.

Back up your Anim.pbo in case you want to revert to the more "relaxed" ready position for the AI.

This position has been made using the stand aiming position from the DMA animation pack