Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

I'll be sure to follow the progress you make, Sanctuary. 1.5 could be the complete rework of the anims, and that would refresh and improve the old OFP a lot. You did great work so far so i know this can be only better! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha.

crouch to sprint/jog ..... Done and works more than very well

prone to sprint/jog ..... Done and works more than very well too

sprint/jog to prone..... Done , not that good, but interpolate a lot better than BIS default with my animations

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Pardon me if i am laughing nervously, i just spent 3 hours on redoing them several times and i am deeply tired with the eyes bleeding wink_o.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha.

crouch to sprint/jog ..... Done and works more than very well

prone to sprint/jog ..... Done and works more than very well too

sprint/jog to prone..... Done , not that good, but interpolate a lot better than BIS default with my animations

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Pardon me if i am laughing nervously, i just spent 3 hours on redoing them several times and i am deeply tired with the eyes bleeding wink_o.gif

Hiya Sanctuary,

One question. Is it possible to have sth like this weapon position with arms independently by sides.

january6qh.th.jpg

Yes it is possible, but i will not make it myself.

As it will took too much time than i am willing to spend on all of this , to make it interpolate with every other animations starting from this or ending in this.

And i have already enough hours spent of OFPAnim for my own health.

But making it as a static animation not dependant on my pack only should be easy, as it would not require that time consuming interpolation work .

I am aiming for a release of my 1.5 pack before the end of the week.

It will feature

Quote[/b] ]

-Reworked all the frames from my previous animations to support 3rd party objects on 3rd party models (like the radio on ORCS and Laser Ranger radio operators), while keeping a good position for all the rocket launchers.

-Interpolations animations reworked accordingly, and new ones added : sprint to prone (behleh.rtm) , prone to sprint (lehbeh.rtm), crouch to sprint (klekbeh.rtm) making those interpolations smooth, as 1.4 was featuring default BIS interpolations for those animations, and that was not firendly to my animations.

-Modification of the 1.4 sprint and jogging , fixing a slight problem and changing the left hand/arm position to catch the barrel instead of the magazine (fixing problem with weapons that have the magazine in another place, like the Famas).

-Maybe a bit more if i have not threw my computer from the window , frustrated with the OFPAnim program

Yes it is possible, but i will not make it myself.

As it will took too much time than i am willing to spend on all of this , to make it interpolate with every other animations starting from this or ending in this.

And i have already enough hours spent of OFPAnim for my own health.

But making it as a static animation not dependant on my pack only should be easy, as it would not require that time consuming interpolation work .

I am aiming for a release of my 1.5 pack before the end of the week.

It will feature

Quote[/b] ]

-Reworked all the frames from my previous animations to support 3rd party objects on 3rd party models (like the radio on ORCS and Laser Ranger radio operators), while keeping a good position for all the rocket launchers.

-Interpolations animations reworked accordingly, and new ones added : sprint to prone (behleh.rtm) , prone to sprint (lehbeh.rtm), crouch to sprint (klekbeh.rtm) making those interpolations smooth, as 1.4 was featuring default BIS interpolations for those animations, and  that was not firendly to my animations.

-Modification of the 1.4 sprint and jogging , fixing a slight problem and changing the left hand/arm position to catch the barrel instead of the magazine (fixing problem with weapons that have the magazine in another place, like the Famas).

-Maybe a bit more if i have not threw my computer from the window , frustrated with the OFPAnim program

Well, someday. Maybe?!

What about the safe walking animations...I see in your pack they are pretty much default. Would it be possible to replace these with Dreamy Knights animation pack?

all you need to tell me is the rtm for

safe walk

safe jog

thanks!

By the way, I love your latest pack. It is really a huge improvement !

Last time i checked, the safe (i assume you are talking of weapon on back and walking or joggin ? ) walking/jogging is Dreamy Knight one since the version 1.0 of my pack, as i find them to be the best ones, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

The names are

chuzebez0l.rtm (safe walking)

civilBEH0l.rtm (civilian jogging)

bezbeh (safe jogging)

Strange you thought they were BIS default ?

EDIT : oh and by the way, expect a release Thursday , or with some luck tomorrow (but don't count really on this last one)

Last time i checked, the safe (i assume you are talking of weapon on back and walking or joggin ? ) walking/jogging is Dreamy Knight one since the version 1.0 of my pack, as i find them to be the best ones, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

The names are

chuzebez0l.rtm  (safe walking)

civilBEH0l.rtm (civilian jogging)

bezbeh (safe jogging)

Strange you thought they were BIS default ?

EDIT : oh and by the way, expect a release Thursday , or with some luck tomorrow (but don't count really on this last one)

Dreamy Knights isn't really that large of a change from the default BIS animation.

Little update : 2 hours well spent tonight

-Remade the animations that occur when a soldier drop a magazine/weapon or put a satchel/mine on the ground.

Interpolate very well (smoothly i mean smile_o.gif )with all my other animations

-Reworked a bit the weapon on back - to - stand aiming animation, it "stutter" a lot less than with the BIS default

-Reworked the run to prone animation, it interpolate way better than before, not perfectly, but near to smooth.

-Reworked a bit the AI "ready" pose

tried to rework several time those "2 part" grenade animations (it is not a single animation, they are cut in 2) but ended in something really not good, so it will be left default BIS

Tomorrow , testing sessions and probably release if hopefully nothing wrong is detected.

Good news : animation pack 1.5 done, tested without new bugs/problem and --- uploaded for release

It should be available publicly when Hooahman will find some time to make the OFP.info article , so stay tuned it should not be too long.

In the meanwhile, before i am asked, the list of animation that are new or modified since 1.4 is included in the download , but here are them anyways :

Quote[/b] ]Here you can find the listing of my modified/tweaked/redone animations (i can forget some sorry)if you need their name to modify them or just replace them by better ones or mix with different ones.

(no specifics means new self made ones, else there is a precision after the anim name)

some Dreamy Knights animations are untouched in the pack (the ones with weapon in pack + standing, walking and jogging)

crouched aiming

klek.rtm

binocular - crouched

klEkDALEKend.rtm

klEkDALEKstart.rtm

klEkDALEKstat.rtm

crouched to stand

klekdostani.rtm

crouched to prone

klEklEH.rtm

crouched reload

klEknaBIJ.rtm

prone aiming

lEH.rtm

prone to stand

lehdostanis.rtm

prone to crouch

LEHKLEK.rtm

prone binocular

PLAZENIDALEK.rtm

PLAZENIDALEK2.rtm

PLAZENIDALEKSTAT.rtm

prone reloading

PLIZENINABIJ.rtm

stand aiming

Sstanistat.rtm

stand ready (AI only)

savarestanistat.rtm

stand to prone

stanisdolehu.rtm

stand to crouch

ssTANIDOKLEK.rtm

stand reloading

SNABIJ.rtm

stand binocular

sDALEK.rtm

sDALEK2.rtm

sDALEKSTAT.rtm

jogging (rework of Dreamy Knight additional anim)

sbeh0l.rtm

sprinting (modification of Dreamy Knight additional anim)

ssprint0.rtm

crouch to sprint/jog

klekbeh.rtm

prone to sprint/jog

lehbeh.rtm

sprint/jog to prone

BEHLEH.rtm

put/drop objects

sPOLOZ.rtm

spoloz2.rtm

sPOLOZSTAT.rtm

weapon in back to stand aiming (modification of BIS one)

STANIDOSTANIS.rtm

end of the grenade launching -standing (modification of the BIS one)

sGranaT2.rtm

weapon in back - salute (modification of Dreamy Knight one)

bezhlas.rtm

bezHLAS2.rtm

bezHLASstat.rtm

weapon in back - binocular

bezDALEK.rtm

bezDALEK2.rtm

bezDALEKstat.rtm

I hope it will help you to have a more interesting OFP experience.

As stated in the readme, you are free to do whatever you want with those animations, mix them, replace them, modify them etc... (just don't sell them) without having to request my permission.

If you can enhance them, feel free to do so, as i hope someone will do it smile_o.gif

They have been tested with a wide range of 3rd party soldiers/weapons and should work vey well with them all.

Only problem is when a weapon scope is too long in its back , in the 1st person view some polygons can disappear (i reworked the static animations to prevent this to happen, fixing it for several "too long" weapons, but even with that some are remaining really too long)

Sanctuary you blow my mind the way you work so fast........ smile_o.gif

Great work with the animations, cant wait for 1.5, if ECP 1.075 and Sancanim 1.5 comes out it'll be like 2 Christmas's on one day biggrin_o.gif

Lol you and ECP are my Santa's tounge_o.gif

It was not that fast in fact, certainly it is just few days since 1.4 , but it is a lot of hours of work since 1.4 as i worked non stop since some nights and fully yesterday as i was not working.

Lot of sleep hours are needed actually , you would not appreciate to see the face i have those recent mornings at work biggrin_o.gif

The sGranaT2.rtm is really fine like the first part of the granade animation, except the ending (the last three or four frames) where it doesn't fit the standing position. You have done so much now it would be pitty to stop so close to perfection. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I should read all the replies before sending the post! wow_o.gif

The sGranaT2.rtm is really fine like the first part of the granade animation, except the ending (the last three or four frames) where it doesn't fit the standing position. You have done so much now it would be pitty to stop so close to perfection. :

I should read all the replies before sending the post! wow_o.gif

You are talking about 1.4 i hope

As with the limitations of OFPAnim , that's all i can do with the grenade launching to approach a good transition with the standing aiming.

The difference visually is really huge between the big stuttering in 1.4 and the near to be smooth in 1.5 for that problem

Oh, and the pack 1.5 is now available on a mirror .

I would appreciate if you stop using this thread to discuss my 1.5 pack, as its purpose was to share everyone animations , not only mines.

Use this thread instead for <s>whining</s> feedback wink_o.gif if you have any.

Shure you think feedback and not whining!? I looked how things work in OFPAnim and just suggested what could be done with granade animation. I haven't seen 1.5 yet but i'm sure it is great. As it seems you have enough time (and i don't), the experience and iron will to work on this, sending posts here was the only way to talk about this (probably the only hot OFP topic these days). I never told you do that or please put this in or even this sucks. this is pure feedback. smile_o.gif

Shure you think feedback and not whining!? I looked how things work in OFPAnim and just suggested what could be done with granade animation. I haven't seen 1.5 yet but i'm sure it is great. As it seems you have enough time (and i don't), the experience and iron will to work on this, sending posts here was the only way to talk about this (probably the only hot OFP topic these days). I never told you do that or please put this in or even this sucks. this is pure feedback. smile_o.gif

You have not understood, i said feedback should be placed in the other thread i linked , as it is dedicaced to the release 1.5 of my animation pack.

This thread you are reading now is not dedicaced to my pack, but to animations that people are sharing.

Quote[/b] ]As it seems you have enough time (and i don't)

Don't assume this because it is not true, my only free time i dedicaced to making my pack , without counting yesterday when i was not working was hours took on my nights.

I don't know of this "enough" time you are talking about wink_o.gif

Some hints to people wanting to create replacement animations and interpolation with OFPAnim.

That are some things you figure out when running into problems when creating animation, and should save your time .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you want to create a static stand aiming , a static crouch aiming and a static prone aiming ,

do not create separately those 3 static animations

because if you do so you will find OFPAnim to be too limited in its possibilities to allow you to create a good interpolation animations between those stance.

So to workaround this create at first your stand aiming stance, then continue to work each new frame to lead to a crouch animation, then once you have the crouch stance continue to work by frames to finally end in your prone animation.

Save that file

Then you can just "cut" from it the stand, the crouch and the prone static animation , with the benfit to have already done all the "change stances" interpolations , as by simply reworking your original file you will have :

-stand to crouch (and vice versa)

-stand to prone (and vice versa)

-crouch to prone (and vice versa)

This will save you tons of headaches and time .

But remember to make a back up of the original "all in one" animation you made before reworking it to obtain the interpolation you need.

For the example, here is my "all in one" animation file that i used to make my 1.5 pack , so you can give a look in OFPAnim to understand more what i tried to explain there

Right Click on that link and Save...As

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another hint, this time about the esthetics.

Maybe if you have used other kind of replacement animation ou certainly have noticed the infamous broken ankle that are present in some aiming animations available for OFP.

Once you did the stand aiming animation and BEFORE making the interpolation leading to your crouch and prone animation as suggested in the previous hint, try your stand aiming ingame and look at the ankle of the left hand.

If it is "broken" , rework your stand aiming animation, if you let it like this you can be sure it will be there for your crouch and prone animations and finally it will look really not good.

That is one of the problem of OFPAnim : you will not notice it is broken in the OFPAnim preview window, but ingame you will see it clearly.

So be sure to preview ingame before continuing.

That is not really easy to fix, as some rotation and movement of the hands are responsibles of the broken hand.

And on some 3rd party models, especially the ones that have short sleeves and no gloves it can lead to a visual disturbance.

This hint is about a specific trick to know about srpinting and running

When you are making a joggin and a sprinting animation, try to do them so they have a "same" look.

I explain : there is no specific animation for crouch to sprint or crouch to joggin by example.

Knowing that, if your sprint animation is totally different in all the ways from your jogging animation, you will never be able to do a smooth interpolation : ingame there wll be a light visual "stuttering" when going from crouch or prone to jog/sprint.

Look at how BIS did it, notice that the weapon is exactly in the same position in their jogging and sprinting animation and that the orientation of the unit is mostly the same.

Look at how the srpinting in the 1.5 version of my pack is made, notice that the joggin animation is derivated from the sprinting one, by a simple rotation to the back of the upper body.

This way, the interpolation , maybe not totally smooth because of the way OFP share the same animation for the crouch to sprint, crouch to jog, and the same for prone to sprint, prone to jog, but with such similarities between the sprinting and the jogging animation you can have an interpolation satisfying enough.

I said it before, but it worthes syaing it again here.

The stand "ready" animation that is played only by the AI is named savarestanistat.rtm

This static animation is really special, because it is one of the few that do not need any interpolation animation , OFP will do it ingame for you.

So whatever "stand ready" animation you are making, you are not forced to think about making it so it will not stutter with your other animations.

And that means, by example for a replacement pack, that if the included "stand ready" AI only animation is not good for you, you can replace it with another savarestanistat.rtm without any problems ingame

But, you have to know that this animation "stand ready" is used by 2 other ones by OFP :

savareDOPRAVA.rtm

savareDOLEVA.rtm

Thos 2 are the rotations on itself that an AI will/can do when it is on "stand ready", as an example, when you are leading them in formation and move, then stop, the AI will not immediately move to "stand ready", they will rotate a bit to face the direction they need to face by playing one of those 2 animations. One is for the rotation to the left, and the other is for rotation to the right.

It is important to have those 2 rotation in the same "feeling" as the "stand ready" animation

For the example, if i make the "stand ready" animation in a crouch stance (like i did in an animation from this thread) , you have to modify those 2 rotation animation to make the unit to crouch, or you will find it out of place when you will try it ingame.

Good luck

Hey ... thanks for the Really great anime pack.. but.. emm.. i dunno if im the first to tell you this .. found a bug ... When your switching to pistol.. it locks up... cant move, cant get your prim. weapon back.. could you look at this lil' problem? Thanks... biggrin_o.gif

Pleas.. keep making thos great anim's

Hey ... thanks for the Really great anime pack.. but.. emm.. i dunno if im the first to tell you this .. found a bug ... When your switching to pistol.. it locks up... cant move, cant get your prim. weapon back.. could you look at this lil' problem?

Your problem does not come from my animation pack, it has nothing to do with it

It comes from the fact you are using a config.cpp instead of a config.bin for your mod

Your description is a known problem with config.cpp created from the BIS config (only the commented config from BIS has no problem when let in cpp format)

All you need to do is to convert your config.cpp into a config.bin by using the tool named cpp2bin .

---------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to update my previous new "crouch ready" that can be used as a replacement of the AI only "stand ready" position to fit more with the other animations from my pack.

cvbxcvnxc8of.jpg

It is created by using my crouch aiming animation as a basis , so it does not look out of place when you are next an AI using that position.

To download this alternative animation, just Right Click on that link and Save...As

Take the files from the archive and replace the files of the same names that are in my version 1.5 of the Anim.pbo by using un-pbo and re-pbo tools.

Back up your Anim.pbo before making so if you prefer a classic "stand ready" instead of this "crouch ready".