Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

Interesting links,

Those drawings should help in giving a better idea of how to make the related animations.

I will try to do some when i will have more time.

Forgive me oh lords of flashpoint, for I am but a worm, nah! Worse than a worm, I am a newbie.

Where do you put these after you download them. I have a Sstanistat.rtm in my ati driver and don't know what to do with it.

I will try to explain step by step

These files have to replace the ones of the same names that can be found in the Anim.pbo

This Anim.pbo i am talking about can be found in

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Dta\

To replace the files , you must first make a copy of this Anim.pbo and create a mod folder (name it as an example TESTFOLDER) in your OFP installation , then move the copy of the Anim.pbo in this mod folder named TESTFOLDER

In this TESTFOLDER folder create a new folder and name it -exactly- Dta .

This way you will have

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\TESTFOLDER\Dta\

Put the copy of the Anim.pbo file you made earlier in this new Dta folder located in your TESTFOLDER folder (so there :

(Be sure that the copy of the Anim.pbo is now named -exactly- Anim.pbo not another name)

This way you can replace what you want in the copy of the Anim.pbo without damaging wink_o.gif the original Anim.pbo.

If you don't know how to create a mod folder , give a look to this item of The Avon Lady's OFP FAQ it explains it all.

Now, you must unpbo the new Anim.pbo you have in the Dta folder of your mod folder.

To do this use the program PBO Decryptor 1.5 (called Unpbo 1.5 too), like any OFP tools, you can find more about them in this item of The Avon Lady's FAQ

It will create a folder named Anim , with all (the tons of) animations files (in .rtm format) that OFP use to move the units.

Now put the animation file you want to test in this Anim folder (and overwrite the file of the same name located in it)

Once you have done it, you will need to transform the Anim folder into a new Anim.pbo.

To do so , delete the Anim.pbo file that is located in

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\TESTFOLDER\Dta\ folder (do not delete the original Anim.pbo in the

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Dta\ )

Then use the program called MakePBO or StuffPBO to transform the Anim folder into a new Anim.pbo (again about those tool give a look there ).

Put this newly created Anim.pbo in

And launch OFP with the -mod=TESTFOLDER parameter, as instructed in this item of The Avon Lady's FAQ

Then if you have followed those instructions (it is long because i tried to explain it step by step, in the facts it is easy and quicker to do this than to write it smile_o.gif ), you will have the new animations played instead of the old BIS one.

There are some Anim.pbo replacement pack already made by some users , you should make a search about them on this forum to find and test them.

I would appreciate it if someone could translate Flashpoint Gamer's tutorials, as I don't speak French sad_o.gif. I downloaded OFP Anim and it's patch, but am now completely lost wink_o.gif. Thanks.

Thanks for taking all that time to write. I really needed it. The indepth detail was helpful, I would have fudged it up if I didn't have every single step explained.

If you want a translation of the tutorial... this might help.

MIGHT!

http://world.altavista.com/

Click here to read FlashpointGamer website in english, thanks to Google Translation (for some reason, babelfish did not worked for me with FP website)

It should be helpfull , even if no internet translation are perfect.

(and google translation is a lot inferior to babelfish one, but with some luck babelfish can work for you)

But you can try World Lingo to translate the whole flashpoint gamer tutorial,

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/animcenter/fr/tutor.php

It is vastly superior in the translation quality than the google one and should be better understood

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">To Anyone Using Mozilla FireFox

I do not believe you can download the Anims on this page as they continuosly are corrupt. Use Internet Explorer as it is not corrupting the files!? :crazy:

Just FYI wow_o.gif

How Do You Make Custom Animations? He He... Anychance of a breakdancing one? Or.. A Swimming One!! I could make the scripting and you do the Anim (if you cant do the scripting in the first place tounge_o.gif ). Then we release it as a PBO file!?

@Sanctuary

I just cut the original Anim.pbo and put it in a folder named "Original Anim" inside Res/Dta and then put my new one in smile_o.gif

odd.. the corrupt downloads really had something to do with firefox! Never experienced such an issue before  sad_o.gif

Well, with good old IE it worked perfectly!

Okay fellas, i'll keep you updated on my work

cya..

Anyone know of a Animation where someone is laying against a wall?

Example:

| _ _

| |_ |_ _

| /- -\

| \ - /

| | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

| \/ /

| / \_ _ _ __ _ _ /

| / _ _ _ _ /

| / _ _ _ _

*EDIT*

Sorry For The Bad Drawing :P

This is a great thread! I really like the tweaked ready stance a lot!

Unfortunately I had to use IE instead of Firefox to download the files.

Thanks!

even for the .rar versions ?

Yes.

Which is the most recent prone reload animation?

I'm really sorry about this (as i am puzzled , using Firefox myself and not able to reproduce this downloaded file corrupted problem).

EDIT: well i just retried and now i have the corrupted file problem.

Only help i can offer : use Maxthon for the download, it uses Internet Explorer engine, but has several IE security hole fixed.

About the prone reload, i did not updated it, so there is only one version in this thread yet.

I reworked a bit the experimental AI "CrouchReady" instand of the AI "StandReady" animation (during more long time than i thought)

Finally, i ended with something that i find good enough to share it there, a lot better than the previous "experimental" anim.

Here are the screenshots to compare the BIS AI specific "StandReady" and my AI specific "CrouchReady" that will replace it if you want.

snap4412ra.jpg

snap4409nf.jpg

To download this new animation (the static animation, and the "turn around" linked to it are all included in the file you can download)

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save ... As to download it in .zip format

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save ... As to download it in .rar format

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT : new download link :

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save....As .

It should work

-----------------------------------------------------

Extract the following file included in the archive you have downloaded

-savarestani.rtm

-savarestanistat.rtm

-savareDOPRAVA.rtm

-savareDOLEVA.rtm

And replace the files of the same name located in the Anim.pbo to have the AI using this Crouch Ready animation

Enjoy.

(Unfortunately, it seems that the host lycos hate firefox, as it reslut very often in corrupted download, use IE , or better Maxthon to get the files, Sorry for this)

EDIT : updated crouch ready animation + 1 death animation related to it available

You can download this update by right clicking on that link and Save...As

I really want to thank you for this great animation. I adds so much atmosphere when you see the soldiers kneeing instead of just standing there.

It's one of the first behaviours recruits learn to do in the field.

thank you wink_o.gif

I always found disturbing in the war situation of 99,99% of the missions that soldiers are standing up in the wild when you know the enemy can be or is somewhere in the area.

EDIT : considering the lycos host is corrupting most of the files, i found another free hosting solution, i will update from now every of my threads offering new animation with a new link to download the files.

So browse back if you had problem with some files, it should be fixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2 : all the posts in this thread with my animations files have been updated with a new link for the download , i just tested and it seems to work under Firefox without corrupting the files like Lycos is doing

--------------------------------------------------------------

@Silent n deadly - thanks mate thats what i wanted.

Anyone able to do that swimming animation? wow_o.gif

*EDIT*

Oh MY God! Heres my situation:

/Res/Dta/OrignalAnim/Anim.pbo

/Res/Dta... No Anim.pbo

I had no Anim.pbo and man the Anims are weird. When the guy reloads he ******bates. Lying down is a standing ready with gun. Then theres other totally weird stuff. When u shoot its kinda cool. Also you run 2x slower. It doesnt muck up game so someone else should try it. You could get some ideas. tounge_o.gif

Oh MY God! Heres my situation:

/Res/Dta/OrignalAnim/Anim.pbo

/Res/Dta... No Anim.pbo

I had no Anim.pbo and man the Anims are weird. When the guy reloads he ******bates. Lying down is a standing ready with gun. Then theres other totally weird stuff. When u shoot its kinda cool. Also you run 2x slower. It doesnt muck up game so someone else should try it. You could get some ideas. tounge_o.gif

Are you sure you followed the steps i suggested to build an Anim.pbo that works , and using mod folders from the previous page of that thread (leaving the original files untouched) ?

If you have done differently, try to follow my step by step explanation this time (without overlooking a part), it should work perfectly after that.

If even after that you have a problem, explain how you built the new Anim.pbo and what did you used as a mod folder (as the mod folder must not be in /Res/Dta/... it does not work like that, read again)

I have a request biggrin_o.gif! Could someone make a safe walking animation, so that like when you press F when in aware mode, you walk with your gun pointed to the ground. Kind of like when soldiers are on a patrol? Thanks!

Along his replacement pack, Dreamy Knight has a patrol-like animation

Ah, thanks for the link smile_o.gif.

EDIT: After trying it, I saw it is a switchmove animation.  A guy can get shot 50 times by an M2 and keep on walking.  is there a way to switch the animation you get when you press F in OFP with this one?  I know it is possible, but does anyone know the animation's name?  Thanks smile_o.gif!

EDIT2: Or the safe walking animation? I would like the soldiers to walk with their guns in their hands all the time biggrin_o.gif.

Along his replacement pack, Dreamy Knight has a patrol-like animation

Ah, thanks for the link smile_o.gif.

EDIT: After trying it, I saw it is a switchmove animation. A guy can get shot 50 times by an M2 and keep on walking. is there a way to switch the animation you get when you press F in OFP with this one? I know it is possible, but does anyone know the animation's name? Thanks smile_o.gif!

EDIT2: Or the safe walking animation? I would like the soldiers to walk with their guns in their hands all the time biggrin_o.gif.

The walking with your gun in hand animation is " schuze0l.rtm "

The walking with your gun on the back animation is " chuzebez0l.rtm "

The "jogging" with your gun on the back animation is " bezbeh.rtm "

@Sanctuary

I copied the Original Anim.pbo and put it in a Temporary Folder (not so temporary anymore though :P) named "Original Anim". I then got a de-pbo and de-pboed the Anim.pbo that was in Res/Dta and put the custom Animations in. I then Re-Pboed it and put it as default back in Res/Dta. That way when i wanted BIS default i just replace it with the one thats in Res/Dta/Orignal Anim/

Its Simple i just cant be bothered with all the other stuff like -mod=whatever

What i accidently did was took the Custom Anim.pbo out of Res/Dta and deleted but forgot to put Orignal back in.