Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

I was a machine gunner in the military and commonly layed behindthe M60 differenly than the stock bis troops do. You do up any Animation for that. And need a animataion for a sagger gunner as well .

Well if you can have pictures , i can try to make one when i will have the time.

The problem that will pop up is that every BIS units are using the same prone animation , so unless you modify the config.cpp to make the machinegunner to use the different prone animation, every units will use their gun the same way if you use the new prone M60 animation as a replacement of the standard one.

So maybe i can make the animaion if you post a picture of what you want, but i have no clue in how to modify the config.cpp to have the machinegunner using the different new prone animation.

>Mr Burns

from one page earlier :

Quote[/b] ]Wilco (not me, im Wildo ) will gladly donate his whole anim replacment pack for anyone to share and work off of, all he asks for is a "thank you" in the credits (and possibly a small cash supllement for me for being a slave )

for more information PM him

Wildo (like wilco but with a d)

P.s. unfortunatly Wilco is banned from posting (so he says ) BUT you CAN still PM him

Maybe you will have a hint about your permission question smile_o.gif

Nice animations you made smile_o.gif

I wonder, could I help you people with making anims?

(the more the better)

just got permission to release.

find preview screenshot here.

You can download the animation by Right Clicking on that link and Save As.

Take the animation file SNABIJ .rtm and replace the one of the same name in the Anim.pbo to have the stand reloading animation replaced by the "pimped" one.

full credits and special thx go to wilco  smile_o.gif

Nice reloading

icon14.gif

>Kaitnieks

yes , if you want to make and share anims there, be my guest , that is why the thread is there smile_o.gif

that new reload anim needs to be a bit more fluid. The rest of the upper body needs to at least move a little. Polish it up and it will be a real gem!

Okay another request...could any of you make an animation for soldiers as if their playing guitar?

Just strumming it, both standing and sitting down.

And some addonmakers....could you make a guitar? smile_o.gif

Yes , i agree the body is too immobile.

So i edited the upper body of the unit in the reload animation from wilco to give it more "life" , i did not touched the legs as you can reload like this without moving your legs.

You can download it by Right Clicking on that link and Save As

You can download this file in a .rar archive instead of a .zip archive,

by RIGHT CLICKING on that link and selecting Save As (left clicking will not make the download to work, blame the host)

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : new download link :

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save....As .

It should work

always the same name SNABIJ.rtm , as it is the same file to replace in the Anim.pbo

I can't believe this in theory simple thing took me a hour to complete biggrin_o.gif

Now i have a deeper respect to the one that made all the tons of BIS animation, i can't think of the number of time he worked on them wow_o.gif .

My first real good -non static- animation made from scratch smile_o.gif

It is a stand reload animation (so no screenshots as it is not a static animation) that should be used with

my stand aiming (click to see the screenshot of it if you have forgotten how it looked) static animation from my 2nd post to have the visual good effect, the transition between the stand aiming and the reload is really good , i am very happy with the result.

To download it, Right Click on this link and Save As

You can download this file in a .rar archive instead of a .zip archive,

by RIGHT CLICKING on that link and selecting Save As (left clicking will not make the download to work, blame the host)

EDIT : new download link :

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save....As .

It should work

In the zip you can find the SNABIJ.rtm (that is my stand reload animation) and the Sstanistat.rtm (that is my modification of someone else standing aiming static animation)

I bundle the 2 if you have not downloaded the stand aiming yet.

If you want to use one of them to replace the file of the same names in the Anim.pbo , it is better to use them both , because as i said my stand reload animation is made to have a smooth transition with this new stand aiming one.

Hey guys, first of all there are some really nice animations on this thread already, and was wondering if you'd like to take a request for another. The default pistol animations (especially the crouching one) are just weak. I was wondering if one of you could make replacements for the standing, crouching, prone and reloading (in all three stances) for when using a pistol. I don't mind what they look like, just so long as they look more realisitc that the defaults wink_o.gif

hey jackal, you might want to look at dreamy knight anim replacement pack, some nice new pistol anims in there, though i don´t for sure if it´s for all 3 stances rock.gif

here´s a preview vid i made: http://home.arcor.de/parvus/Mr.Burns/newanims.WMV

my stand aiming (click to see the screenshot of it if you have forgotten how it looked)

is it just me reading anal instead of final ?

anyway, lookin forward to try the new˛ standreload tomorrow  xmas_o.gif

No it is just you, it should read "final" biggrin_o.gif

Nice preview video too .

Ah and thanks for the link, i didn't remember it was Dreamy Knight, but my stand aiming anim was using his animation file as a basis , not Hunter one (the problem of having some animations files collection , without having wrote the name of the authors smile_o.gif ) .

first post corrected accordingly.

Dreamy Knight made 3 stances , a walking animation with pistol and even the AI "ready" stance.

Unfortunately, the pistol animations are not as easy to replace as the other animations because BIS put them in the huge O.pbo file and not in the Anim.pbo. (unpbo-ing/repbo-ing it takes time)

And by the way here is a good suggestion when you replace animation : use a copy of the O.pbo and the Anim.pbo in a mod folder that you would use for your own fun, do not modify the default O.pbo (and try to keep the default Anim.pbo unmodified) if you don't want problems online as there are some chance some file checking program could be not happy on some servers , unfortunately.

Thanks Mr. Burns, I'll be sure to check that pack out.

By the way, I read it as "anal" too, had to check it again afterwards tounge_o.gif

there´s a modified o.pbo version available from the y2k3 mod (scroll down to "Recomended Extras"),

it incudes the pistol anims that can be seen in my vid, and that´s for sure since it´s the exact same file tounge_o.gif

downloading saves you some hassle with de/re-pbo´ing if you got a weak ´puter.

cheers  xmas_o.gif

I'll probably use the .50 gunner animation from sanctuary in my anim.pbo along with some of Dreamy Knights.  I'll check out the reload too.

Wilco

Hopefully when I get most of the animations replaced I'll release it with credit to Dreamy and Sanctuary.

You don't have to credit me on anything , all the anims that can be found in this thread are considered public domain and they do not require permission or crediting for any kind of usage wink_o.gif

I am looking forward to your anim replacement pack smile_o.gif

You folks.. i've been following this topic for quite a while now..

I'm unsatisfied with OFP's animations aswell. biggrin_o.gif

In the moment i'm working on a little project - it still has no name - to modify whole Flashpoint to give it a more "modern" look. Meaning: better graphics (models - especially face&head, textures - especially foliage and objects, effects) and better animations, aswell as new sounds. Right now it's still in a very early stage. I have made a couple of highres textures of the original houses and trees. In contrast to all the other total conversions like E.ECP and OFP2k3 i'm trying to modify the data.pbo and data3d.pbo aswell as the other basic pbos itself.

Finally i would like to have a good installer so that even the "Addon-Unexperienced" users could use that mod. wink_o.gif

Now my question: Are you guys willing to work together with me to create an improved "Anim.pbo" for it? biggrin_o.gif

You folks.. i've been following this topic for quite a while now..

I'm unsatisfied with OFP's animations aswell. biggrin_o.gif  

In the moment i'm working on a little project - it still has no name - to modify whole Flashpoint to give it a more "modern" look. Meaning: better graphics (models - especially face&head, textures - especially foliage and objects, effects) and better animations, aswell as new sounds. Right now it's still in a very early stage. I have made a couple of highres textures of the original houses and trees. In contrast to all the other total conversions like E.ECP and OFP2k3 i'm trying to modify the data.pbo and data3d.pbo aswell as the other basic pbos itself.

Finally i would like to have a good installer so that even the "Addon-Unexperienced" users could use that mod.  wink_o.gif

Now my question: Are you guys willing to work together with me to create an improved "Anim.pbo" for it? biggrin_o.gif

sounds really good, and vbs1 would suddenly again loose some of it´s coolness biggrin_o.gif

for the installer you could use the one from kegetys that originally came with his hisky, but now it´sused for almost all bis data.pbo modifications.

might be possible to replace animations too with it but i haven´t tried yet..anim.pbo is just too easy.

i´d be happy to help you with anything i can do smile_o.gif

hm cool stand aiming stance, hadn't noticed before. I always thought standard BIS anim on this one was getting a bit monotonous after all those years ..

Thanks wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]n the moment i'm working on a little project - it still has no name - to modify whole Flashpoint to give it a more "modern" look. Meaning: better graphics (models - especially face&head, textures - especially foliage and objects, effects) and better animations, aswell as new sounds. Right now it's still in a very early stage. I have made a couple of highres textures of the original houses and trees. In contrast to all the other total conversions like E.ECP and OFP2k3 i'm trying to modify the data.pbo and data3d.pbo aswell as the other basic pbos itself.

Finally i would like to have a good installer so that even the "Addon-Unexperienced" users could use that mod. wink_o.gif

Now my question: Are you guys willing to work together with me to create an improved "Anim.pbo" for it?

Interesting idea , i would be glad to give a hand, but considering my lack of skill in making "moving" animations and lack of time (now that the Christmas and the end of 2004 are over) don't expect too much from me.

But i will try to post here what i have done, when i can.

Maybe you should ask to Wilco too, as he is preparing an Anim.pbo replacement pack, if i understood well.

Personnally, i think there is something big to do in the OFP community to put VBS1 to shame wink_o.gif by calling the talented people in joining forces together in the work and your idea sounds very promising with this in mind.

Well wink_o.gif I personnally would never try to transfer any "coolness" from VBS1 to good ol' OFP biggrin_o.gif

However, why not bring some fresh flair into OFP without paying hundreds of dollars for it? tounge_o.gif

By the way: Sanctuary, your zip files seem to be corruped every time i download them.. is their anything i should pay attention to? I use winrar and 7zip.. both don't work rock.gif repeated the download three times.. any indea? rock.gif

Allright folks, thanx a lot.. guess i'm going back to work..

That is strange, when i tested the download i had no corrupted files.

I will put them in .rar format, this way if the problem is in the ".zip" format and the internet, it should solve it. I will post back with links when i will finish.

EDIT : i edited every of my previous post with alternative link to .rar version of the archives containing the animation files i made.

remember when you find your download to be corrputed to delete the bad file before trying to download it again, as some cache features of some download manager or browser will corrupt the newly download file if the previous one was corrupted and was not deleted.

I had the same problem with the files. I figured out that to download them, I had to fire up Internet Explorer (not Firefox, which is what I usually use) and "Save As" from there. Weird issue, but that fixed the corrupted files for me.

So it is more strange than i thought ,

I use Firefox 99% of the time (and Maxthon the other 1% for site not Firefox friendly).

And i can download those files with Firefox without having to switch to Maxthon (as i don't want to use IE anymore) .

I wonder what can be the problem then , if you can't download them with Firefox ?

Maybe it can be some plug-in (well, extensions as they are called in Firefox), as i use no one of them at all for Firefox (as all my alternative antipopup/etc needs are covered by the program proxomitron)

It can be the fact Lycos (maybe, as i just extrapolate there) does not like Firefox, and as the proxomitron makes my life easier Lycos can't detect that i am using Firefox ?

Back on animating subject , when you request some animation, it would make the life of the one trying to create them easier if you can provide a picture or a photo showing how you want your animation.

So it is more strange than i thought ,

I use Firefox 99% of the time (and Maxthon the other 1% for site not Firefox friendly).

And i can download those files with Firefox without having to switch to Maxthon (as i don't want to use IE anymore) .

I wonder what can be the problem then , if you can't download them with Firefox ?

Maybe it can be some plug-in (well, extensions as they are called in Firefox), as i use no one of them at all for Firefox (as all my alternative antipopup/etc needs are covered by the program proxomitron)

It can be the fact Lycos (maybe, as i just extrapolate there) does not like Firefox, and as the proxomitron makes my life easier Lycos can't detect that i am using Firefox ?

I believe it had to do with Lycos, yes.

Quote[/b] ]Back on animating subject , when you request some animation, it would make the life of the one trying to create them easier if you can provide a picture or a photo showing how you want your animation.

Well, if you are taking requests, or need some ideas, I think some newer, smoother hand signal animations would be great. smile_o.gif

Here are some links:

US Army Ground Forces Hand Signal FM

Towards the latter half of the above, they list some hand signals to be used during patrol. I think those would be the most relevant to OFP, but coordination of larger vehicles would be great for atmosphere, too.

Like this one on signals for coordinating a Landing Zone:

Landing Zone Hand Signals

Would be really neat to see some soldiers directing BAS helicopters down with some of those. biggrin_o.gif