Sign in to follow this  
skeg_man

ADF Troops & SASR v1.1 (Bush/Des) - Released

THere is an error with the 3RAR Para Trooper Desert MAG58 gunner. It boots me out of the mission and back to mission editor, it is a Config Error.

PS Troops are fantastic regardless :-)

@ AOCbravo2004 - Thanx man, i found the problem. Ahhhh to many late nites writing these configs. LoL, sorry all.

Simple Fix tho - Simply un-pbo file "ADF_Troopd.pbo" and open the config in notepad and scoll down too "class ADF_Troops_ParaD_MG58 : ADF_TroopsD" and change to "class ADF_TroopsD_Para_MG58 : ADF_TroopsD".

Sorry all, yeh just move the "D".

Adios fellas

Nice work boys smile_o.gif I really like the camoflauged weapons.

Just a little slight bug I stumbled over; The F89 mag in the action menu says 300 rounds, should be 200.

I also noticed in your Config and M4A1 Scoped with an SR98 sight. Was this intended for any units? I'm poking around the configs because I am making ADF weapons, LSR's weapons, and Earl's Weapons interchangeable mag wise.

@AOCbravo2004 - the M4A1 Scoped is used by the Spotter. Theres no SR 98 scope on it but it uses the optics n so forth. The scope on the M4A1 is a NV one. Anyways. Thanx again man.

damnit. With all these addons being realesed lately ur gonna blow up my 28.8k modem :P

Still download them.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

oi oi oi

Are you guys some kind of Aussie mod-grup? If so, are there any missions or campaigns out there with these units? I'm getting tired of editing all the previously released campaigns and missions...

Very nice work lads, top stuff. Felt like I was playing VBS1 at one point biggrin_o.gif

Only problems I have is that the Airport Patrol guys have untextured scopes on their rifles, and the SASR HALO bloke has a big square untextured patch on his helmet.

Might just be my install though.

@Kooky - I seem to have missed those 2 textures. You can download a F88S Scope with the textures from the addy below. But for the HALO dude, u'll have to wait a lil bit for the final release. Sorry bout all this.

F88S Scope Texture Fix

Small bug report in visual

The stock seems to be missing in the "F89 Minimi Elcan Para DES" , must kill the shoulder smile_o.gif

1dfghdfhj.jpg

Probably not a bug, but as i am not sure it is not one so i report it : the blood textures seems to be a bit ... huge and very bright smile_o.gif

2hkfcturty.jpg

The Binocular are replaced by the Night Vision Google models when a soldier try to use the binoculars, and for the units that have Night Vision Google, when you turn them ON , the night vision is here, but the NVG model does not appear on the unit face

3dghgctt.jpg

Finally , the HALO soldier is missing textures in the top of the helmet, i know it is an already known bug , but the unit looks so good that i took a screenshot anyways wink_o.gif

4srthsrrjfv.jpg

Not mentionning the 2 bugs solved

-the one in page 2 of this thread (the config.cpp misplaced "D")

-the one just before this post in this 3rd page (the missing gun textures)

Despite those bugs, the quality of those units is really awesome.

Actually the best units available in OFP in my opinion

The stock seems to be missing in the "F89 Minimi Elcan Para DES" , must kill the shoulder smile_o.gif

I don't think it's missing, it just looks like it's been retracted.

I don't think it's missing, it just looks like it's been retracted.

yup, they made it look retracted, but forgot to extend the 'legs' of this stock to the front. So now it looks like a really short retracted stock

btw; I don't have the texture bug on the Halo-guy. I have all the BAS addons installed, so I geuss that's what fixes it. Just make sure you have the SOAR crew in your folder and it should work fine.

One other thing; do those HALO guys really jump in with bright-"please shoot me"-green O2-tanks??

Ah, the stock is retracted

I thought it was missing or covered by a transparent texture instead of the good one smile_o.gif

Thanks for the hint about the HALO guys

One other thing; do those HALO guys really jump in with bright-"please shoot me"-green O2-tanks??

I assume they stash or get rid of them when they land. Along with their rig and harness.

reet stuff.

im downloading the pack later.

can someone tell me exactly what are the bugs? and what addons will i need? some people say BAS and others say you dont need it? wtf is going on? D:

i have BAS and Sucheys marines, is that it?

PLZ make BETTER TEXTURES!!! those textures are so old and ugly ask help from ORCS, Laser or someone who make good textures.

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]PLZ make BETTER TEXTURES!!! those textures are so old and ugly ask help from ORCS, Laser or someone who make good textures.

Are you kidding? I think these are some of the best units in the game. My mum used to say, "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all."

Well, she didn't really, but she might have.

If you don't like the textures, no doubt you can quickly knock up some ADF units that compete with these ones? (If you just mean the blood textures, thats been said over n'over, but you get that too.)

I thought not.

if you are really unhappy with the units, delete them from your hard drive, and ask for a full refund.

tounge_o.gif

PLZ make BETTER TEXTURES!!! those textures are so old and ugly ask help from ORCS, Laser or someone who make good textures.

huh ?

Actually the only textures that is not good is the blood textures.

The soldier textures are really good, i dont know what is "so old and ugly" there

gjy225h.jpg

Puzzled too. Looking at Laser's last iteration of Rangers, I wouldn't include him in that list...purple cammies, day-glo vests, BDUs that don't match the boonie hats, etc....

These ADF guys look good and consistent. Perhaps its on your end?

2RAR (Helmet) > Updated

2RAR (Vest) > Updated

2RAR Paratrooper > Updated

2RAR Crew > Updated

2RAR Paratrooper? Last I knew, 2RAR were too soft for paratrooping, I thought that was our job down at 3RAR.

Wooooooooo!!! So much has gone on!! LoL, i've been away from the computer for a bit so yeh. Ok, lets start.

@beno_83au - yeh dude the 2RAR are to soft to be a para-trooper, lol just me doing a copy paste job. LoL, in game there under 3RAR.

@nx_illusion - yeh m8, i think ur rite, the old orange ones were better. The blended in with bushland heaps good!! LoL, serious m8, im pretty sure everyone loves these textures. Am I rite??

@Col. Psycho - Yeh both of them (BAS & S&E Marines), and ya'll have no problems. Sorry bout that. Final release isn't to far away. It'll be all fixed then.

@Cpt. FrostBite - Yeh ur rite man, normally they have a green camoed pouch round the tanks. But yeh, Ill fix that up on final release. Hehehehe, so many mistakes.

@Sanctuary - Indeed, the Minimi has a retraced stock. Due to being para-troops and all. Just thought its a nice lil touch.

-Blood textures- Damn rite!! LoL, there the worst ever. Sabre hasn't got round to making good ones. Hopefully this release. Sorry dude.

-Binocular = NV. It seems to be a config problem. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyhelp would be awesome. I've changed all the models now so yeh, it has to be a config problem. Not LOD.

@SgtEversman - I tried so many times to add this option properly. No luck. Im currently tryin to add the "remove helmet" option too.

Alrite that seems bout all, yell out if theres anymore. Adios guys.

skeg_man plz make better textures to your units and i dont mean the blood textures, i mean the BDU textures!

watch these units: UKF DPM units

these ORCS: VDV 2.0, Motorized Infatry 1.5

these Hyakushiki Modern U.S. Infantry Pack V1.52

these PsyKKe Soviet Infantry Afghan War era V1.0

that list can continue forever.......

Iam not saying your units sucks i just recommend you to make better BDU textures.