Sign in to follow this  
raedor

"Iron Eagles" by Wüstenfuchs

It worx for me ok (everything is in english) so I wont kill myself biggrin_o.gif

But this mission is laggy hell! Gonna try tonight on lower settings. And 1 problem. Dunno why but sound has disappeared after 5 minutes of play.

you can set the level of terrain detail to low or very low. this is air combat smile_o.gif

you can set the level of terrain detail to low or very low. this is air combat smile_o.gif

Yes. I've read the readme smile_o.gif

Yes. I've read the readme smile_o.gif

cool blues.gif the first user who read a readme biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif j/k.

do you still have excessive lag?

Just tested the mission and...

IT KICKS ASS!!!!

---

But...

It looks like there is no "fog" used, trees/houses are just popping up, as soon they are in you very limited viewdistance.

Bad.

Nogova is not an island for such a mission.

I have played this mission on the first BETA of an island called: PMC_EURO with viewdistance 3500 and this "fog" settings:

fog.jpg

Result: Much more frames, tracking enemy aircrafts by seeing them, not only via radar and more fun.

Plus the island is bigger(25x25km) than Nogova with less objects on it.

---

And yes, this is another CRY for an AIRCRAFT-ONLY island with some more airports, where high viewdistances can be used without lag.

You can say: An island for exact that type of excellent air combat missions!

MfG Lee mad_o.gifsad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Hey all,

Just downloaded the mission now and editor update anyways to make sure I have it at home.  (Fairly certain but making sure.)  I'll make some screenshots to make the flyby noobs envious of my skills.

I got some good news.

Just bought the Saitek X-45 Throttle & Joystick pack, my joystick needs are fully met now.  Plenty of available button options and configurations.  I like Saitek's joystick quality and dependability, and the controllers fit nicely with my grip.

Now the shitty news...

I'm real pathetic in my handling of the new flight control system now, for the first day my hands are getting sensory overload because of fumbling for the right buttons.  This will go away soon with time and practice, but I prefer how bland and plain real aircraft throttle and joystick buttons are like the premium expensive pro joysticks are.  I just didn't want to spend and can't spend 230 Pounds for the Joystick, the Throttle, then the rudder petalsr.

Another annoying feature but its not too terrible, the Joystick & Throttle combo has the rudder control under the throttle handle.

Anyways, I'm sure I'd be much easier pickings for a week with my new joystick & throttle.  If I could play OFP online, you all would definitely tear me apart real easy.  However, because I'm so dirt poor, playing OFP on the net won't happen until I get a "career" and a new comp.  Praise God I'm saved, he heh he heh.

Anyways, it shouldn't be too difficult to quickly get used to the joystick for OFP, its just much more difficult and laboring process for Janes F-15 and Janes F/A-18.  Most of which is because you have to spend a lot of time thinking about your button function selections and customizing that, trust me it sounds easy but it's a real b*tch.

tried the mission and loved it but the oposition was hard biggrin_o.gif

or i was gettin rusty with my flight skills tounge_o.gif

have been flying alot a year ago online with a friend and had dogfights and all but this was way harder biggrin_o.gif

tried the mission and loved it but the oposition was hard biggrin_o.gif

or i was gettin rusty with my flight skills tounge_o.gif

have been flying alot a year ago online with a friend and had dogfights and all but this was way harder biggrin_o.gif

did you come through? rock.gif

My Comp lagged to hell on first contact, so I haven't played it since.  The effects were great but when things go to 5 to 8 FPS, I just said "forget it".

I only have a PIII 800mhz with 256 ram and a 16 meg vid card, so go figure.  I deal with what I have right now, so I probably won't get me a new PC until next year or close to a year's time.  I gotta get more of da $$$$$ before I'll even think about purchasing a PC.

From what I was able to test and analyze, I give your mission a "good" to slightly "great" review, even though I didn't get through it much but about 2 to 3 minutes of it.

If you can come up with a less CPU intense aircraft mission but still good and hard, let me know.

Later,

Havoc.