Blake

Which guns do you own

Just bought my first Cobra holosight today!

Very pleased!

Much much better than the crappy NcStar one I was using. First shot with it = kill! Excellent.

But god it's so big and so ugly!!!

I bought my first NV scope too. Russian clobber. So cheap and yet so good. Hoping to mount it on some kind of a new air rifle when it arrives next week for a bit of stealthy pest control.

Dipol%20141.jpg

Either this bsa_super10mk3.gif

or this Ultra.gif depending on prices.

I'm having a bit of gun bonanza this month.

I feel a rampage coming on...

Headshot!

Multikill!

Killing streak!

Edited by Baff1

How could I have missed this thread all the years?

I've managed to save some of my firearms from the more and more stric becoming german arms law.

In fact I only lost my Vector SP1 9mm Pistol and a 1Benelli 12 gauge pump gun.

I still legaly own:

* swedish Carl Gustav M96/38 rifle converted to a huntig rifle with variable zoom scope, caliber 6.5x55mm.

* Walther GSP match pistol in .22 and .32 caliber

* Investarms Hawken Rifle .45 percussion rifle

* Investarms Hawken Plains percussion Pistol .45

* ArmiSport Le Page 1811 .45 percussion match pistol

823_l.jpg

Hey any black powder shooters here ?!

I'm planning to buy me a Colt Walker (1848 replica) in .454 in or long barreled Colt Confederate .36. I'm very confused and quite excited as well. Maybe I should buy both of them :) There s gonna be a lot of fun. Good recoil and lots of smoke ;)

In my country (Poland) gun regulations are very restrictive mostly because of the remains of communist thinking in lawmaker's heads. Par example: Gun - Necessary evil used by civilians to overthrow legal government. Guns only for the police, secret services and people with "connections upstairs".

Sometimes they play "no shooting traditions card" which is bullshit often played by post-communists (they are opposing gun liberalization) and social democrats you name them, it's all the same here. Shooting traditions are very long. Here, people always had guns and used them for hunting, self defense, insurgency and settling down personal things as well.

After the 1945 when the communist seized the power, my grandfather had to bury his rifle, pistol, ammo and some grenades. Communist militia threatened if they find arms at the civilian home, someones will be shot at once. Great.

Sport Shooting here ? Get a air gun or a damn pea shooter. So commie. Hope this will change, beacuse there is a large community of people who value recreational or sport shooting and currently they cant do this because of some damn outdated regualtions. Sport shooters lobby is growing larger which is good.

Nevertheless in this country of paradoxes since 2005 I can LEGALLY OWN a blackpowder gun without any papers (only ID on purchase). At least some movements towards liberalization!

So far I had only airguns for plinking. Sold em a few years ago.

Edited by Sudayev

Hey any black powder shooters here ?!
Yes me, read my post just above your's ;)

mossberg 500a, lmt upper 18'' stag lower ar15, springfield 1911 loaded, ivar johnson single barrel 12 guage, kessler bolt action 16 guage

going to put an acog on the ar some day right now it has a 512 on it with a flip to side 4x magnifier

What are U.S. laws for imported firearms like? Say I bought an AK-47 for cheap overseas, removed some of the interior parts to make in inoperative, then brought it back to the states as a mantelpiece souvenir. How many hoops would I have to jump through?

What are U.S. laws for imported firearms like? Say I bought an AK-47 for cheap overseas, removed some of the interior parts to make in inoperative, then brought it back to the states as a mantelpiece souvenir. How many hoops would I have to jump through?

So long as you can prove that it doesn't work...i mean in any way shape or form you should be fine to bring it back in. The best bet is to contact a local gun shop in your area and ask them the question. If you want to bring a working firearm back into the US that is a whole different matter.

Gone are the days when they didn't even have metal detectors at the airport!

BTW in what USA state is it possible to have legal fully automated assault rifle,like AKM or FN FAL? Texas?

BTW in what USA state is it possible to have legal fully automated assault rifle,like AKM or FN FAL? Texas?

Machineguns are regulated at the federal level, and you are limited to purchasing a fixed pool of weapons that was established around 1986 when the feds stopped registering new machineguns.

That said, you may still own and transfer automatic weapons in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Despite the reputation of Texas among many people outside the US, it is actually stricter than a number of states in the north-central area. Many of those states allow virtually anyone to open-carry (Carry a gun in an outside holster), and Montana has gone so far as to pass a law declaring that the Federal government has no business regulating the arms trade within Montana's borders. Alaska is also a state where you can pretty much get what you want; gun laws are virtually nonexistant and it's too big of a state for the police to do much outside of the cities.

Nevada is pretty liberal.

I usually rent an UZI when I go to Vegas.

They have a short course you must take before you are allowed to carry concealed firearms.

All preban

1- Ak-47 ,1- under folder AK ,1- Polytech legend AK-47 NM

2- Colt AR-15 1- OLY AR-15

1- M-14

1- 444 MARLIN lever

1- 44 mag MARLIN lever

1- 22 MARLIN lever

1- 10/22

2- 45 1911

2- 357 S&W Highway patrolman

1- 44 mag S&W mod29

1- 38spl S&W

1- Ruger MK2

1- SAVAGE 308 mod 99c

1- Stoeger side by side coach gun

the rest various 22's and single shot shotguns.

Although not technically guns, I all so collect flare launchers.

1- Geco 26.5

1- No.2 Mk V 26.5 Flare Pistol

1- 37mm Thumper

1- 37mm Et Cetera mounted under 1 of my AR's

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

batf form 4, gotta get printed and have the form signed off on by your cleo, $200 tax

Basically if you can own a firearm you can own a machine gun, although sometimes your police chief may not want to sign off and you may possibly have to get a lawyer involved. (I know someone that went this route when he purchased a m14)

I just bought an M&P 15 (AR 15) with a nice rail system and flip up sights....

Im planning of buying one of those myself! What do you think of it, if you can give an honest good-bad about it I would be grateful!

I have a M&P 9mm pistol and I like it very much.

I also have a para ordnance 16-40 and a mauser in my cabinett.

i'll let u know as soon as i fire it...the ones ive used in the past have been good though, full review soon.

M&P 15 review. I fired this weapon for the first time today at various ranges and I have to say I am impressed. Accuracy was very good at a number of ranges. I took her up to 100yards and even with ironsights i was still in the red or 9s (few strays into the 8s). This may have been because i had my wife spotting me and she tends to forget where my last shot went making corrections near impossible. Either way i put 500 rounds through it and had no jams or issues with the weapon what so ever.

I have a pretty extensive collection of firearms, but my fav is my DPMS Panther LR308 seen here:

lr308small1.jpg

This a jpeg image of one off of the web, mine looks identical.

Followed by my Rock River M4 Tactical entry.:cool:

Edited by swtx

I have a question about USA and Europe WW2 Vets- do they have some privileges in owning arms? Just watched Gran Torino where Clint had this beautiful M1 Garant rifle.

Edited by DenisRUS

I have a question about USA and Europe WW2 Vets- do they have some privileges in owning arms? Just watched Gran Torino where Clint had this beautiful M1 Garant rifle.

I know this doesnt really answer your question, but he played a Korea vet.

In the US? No, they don't have any special privileges. However, any non-felon above the age of 18 could purchase an M1 Garand. Factory-new models currently sell for between $1000 and $2000; However, when the US military stopped using the Garand as its service rifle, it liquidated a lot of its stock by selling old rifles to the civilian market at low prices.

my collection is tiny so far, just one rifle :D

a mosin nagant 1891/30 in decent condition, receiver/barrel stampled 1938, pre war production from Ivhesk(dont know how to spell it) with good machining quality, not like war production types, stuck to a post war romanian laminated stock.

nothing special but rigid and reliable, i like it.

Edited by Jok

Yeah, they are neat.

I have a 1943 built 91/43 and an M44. Both are tough to close the chamber on a cartridge. My brother has a Czarist era 91, built in 98, I think. The finish on that is very nice. Funny thing is that it chambers cartridges just has hard as the late ones.

With age, I'm at the point where anything made after 1900 is "new fangled". I have one Krag, but my real passion is Trapdoor Springfields. I've got one each of a model 1866, 1873 and 1884. the '66 has a nice bore, and I can shoot a good group with it. I'm still working on an optimal smokeless load for it. This one shoots the old .50-70 Government cartridge, whereas the other two are in the old tried and true .45-70 Govt.

ZF-

I posted my collection a while back but i have a pretty extensive choice of ww1 and ww2 weaponry and now some more modern things....

@ Zad Fnark....I have an m38 carbine and i have to say although i cherish it i hate to shoot it. It is simply made and really feels like it. Compared to the k98, No.4 and M1 Garand it just feels poor. Having said that i am a determined shooter and having spent many hours on the ranger with it i have to say i have a whole new level of respect for the guys that had to use these on the eastern front.

I posted my collection a while back but i have a pretty extensive choice of ww1 and ww2 weaponry and now some more modern things....

@ Zad Fnark....I have an m38 carbine and i have to say although i cherish it i hate to shoot it. It is simply made and really feels like it. Compared to the k98, No.4 and M1 Garand it just feels poor. Having said that i am a determined shooter and having spent many hours on the ranger with it i have to say i have a whole new level of respect for the guys that had to use these on the eastern front.

Yeah, If I shot it regularly, the skin on my palm would toughen up pretty quick. both my Nagants shoot high at < 100 m/yds. They must be zeroed at 200. My older stuff sights in about the same. When shooting my trapdoors, to hit the center of the target, I'm aiming at the bottom of the paper. :D

ZF-

I'll post my entire collection when I can look at it again (at work...)

Guns are illegal where I come from. Toy guns are illegal too. I have a few bb guns though that I am not allowed to carry anywhere for any reason. In fact I think owning them is enough to cause me trouble.

So I am a bit jealous of you guys.