Blake

Which guns do you own

Amongst some others I have an AR-15 with some goodies, green furniture, and an Aimpoint CompM4 riding on top, a Swiss K31 (damn nice rifle), Ruger 10/22 with a Hogue stock, and match barrel that cost more than the rifle. Also a CZ712 Utility and Benelli 2 round extension coming soon.

Handgun wise I have a CZ75B and Walther P99AS with night sights; both in 9mm. Getting a Sig P226 in .40 sometime soon. Also have a permit to carry them.

No pictures right now. I don't really like posting pictures or posting my stuff anyways but I can make exceptions.

Well, got the S&W .380 bodyguard. So far, the trigger pull is double action insanity. It's got like an inch of travel and like a 14 pound pull. But that aside, I love everything else about it. Tighter feel than the LCP. More Accurate than the LCP. Built in laser. Slide lock safety and empty mag lockback. Perfect little wallet pistol.

Blimey that makes my new rabbit rifle look rather measley.

I didn't go with the 10/22.

But it was a close close call.

walther%20g22%20with%20scope%20laser.jpg

I have Mossberg 500 too, the one with the integrated silencer.

I have to say they make the worst shotguns. When I win the lottery I want a Saiga.

A grenade launcher!!!

I could get some cows with that. Multikill.

Edited by Baff1

@wld427...

Your daughter, is the AR she's holding an A2 or an A4? The picture is too dark for my eyes.

I'm looking to buy a A2 next so that's why I ask.

Cute kid BTW.

its an A4 i just dont have the front rail on it.

If you are looking for a good rifle for a good price check out Del-ton

@wld427...

Your daughter, is the AR she's holding an A2 or an A4? The picture is too dark for my eyes.

I'm looking to buy a A2 next so that's why I ask.

Cute kid BTW.

Is there a reason you're looking specifically for an A2? Or is in just an opportunity locally? If it's not, I'd definitely suggest the A4 style upper. If you want the A2 iron sights, A2 detachable carry handles are a dime a dozen and can be found for $20-$30 USD easily, while the A4 style keeps your options totally open to other optics later on down the road. And A4 styles are much easier to sell, when you start looking at upgrading.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Eh, while I'm at it, I might as well get my helpful deed out of the way today. Here is a fantastic 'buyers guide' to the AR-15 platform.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?81462-So-you-want-to-buy-an-AR-15-huh

Hey wld427! Nice collection here. Is it me or are 2 of your's AKs are Polish Tantal and AKM? How they perform (in your opinion) in comparison to Romanian, Bulgarian and Yugoslav variants? (I bet that Russian Saigas are way better - fresh, out-of-the-box stuff made specifically for civilian market) Also - what's that G3 with scope and carrying handle? And what pistol you use (I can't recognize it while hidden in holster).

@wld427:Thanks for the reply, I wont lie, I've been eyeballin' Del-Ton for a while now.

http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_20_Rifle_p/ra2h20f-0.htm<------This one in particular.

Is there a reason you're looking specifically for an A2? Or is in just an opportunity locally? If it's not, I'd definitely suggest the A4 style upper. If you want the A2 iron sights, A2 detachable carry handles are a dime a dozen and can be found for $20-$30 USD easily, while the A4 style keeps your options totally open to other optics later on down the road. And A4 styles are much easier to sell, when you start looking at upgrading.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Eh, while I'm at it, I might as well get my helpful deed out of the way today. Here is a fantastic 'buyers guide' to the AR-15 platform.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?81462-So-you-want-to-buy-an-AR-15-huh

Personal preference? Looking for a range toy mostly. I already have a flattop M4gry and I figure I could go in a different route.

A A1 retro build would be cool too.

And what pistol you use (I can't recognize it while hidden in holster).

That would be the Springfield XD. (He's got a crush on it) :p

Springfield XD is a great Pistol! It has won multiple awards, and its from croatia!

We know how to make Weapons^^

I'm serious, I need to move to a country that allows people to have weapons :(

¨Seriously; Where is guns aviable for people in the world? USA or am I wrong?

@wld427:Thanks for the reply, I wont lie, I've been eyeballin' Del-Ton for a while now.

http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_20_Rifle_p/ra2h20f-0.htm<------This one in particular.

Personal preference? Looking for a range toy mostly. I already have a flattop M4gry and I figure I could go in a different route.

A A1 retro build would be cool too.

Maybe it's time to try your hand at building one? :D

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31719/sku=100-004-685/Product/Stripped-AR-15-Lower-Receiver

I just finished a build from this lower less than two months ago. The quality is just plain insane for the price.

After this, just get yourself either the complete upper kit, or each individual upper part. And then a lower parts kit. And for the A2 sights, it's best to get a fixed length stock. This way... you can get exactly what you want, for cheaper than you'd buy the del-ton, AND you'd have the satisfaction of building your own rifle.

Here's a cheap complete upper I just found. http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_17&products_id=304 If you order this one, be sure to get the chrome lined barrel.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

¨Seriously; Where is guns aviable for people in the world? USA or am I wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws

That would be the Springfield XD. (He's got a crush on it) :p

I've heard many good things about this design - it's on my 'to-buy' list when I'll finally get my license (it'll take approximately 2 years! :eek:).

Interesting: it replaced previous Croatian service pistol (probably Makarov PM) only when it was licensed by Springfield. Before that, it saw only limited usage in Croatian Army.

I've got a nice little collection here at my fortress. :)

AK-47 (Romanian WASR-10 w/ underfolding stock)

M-1 Carbine

GSG-5 (a 1:1 scale clone of H&K MP-5 in .22LR)

Mosin-Nagant (WWII relic)

Hungarian Makarov

Taurus Millennium .40-auto

Marlin 30-30

Mossberg .410

Winchester pump-action .12-gauge

Ruger 10-22

RG .22 snub revolver

...and I did have a beautiful hunting/sniper rifle, which got stolen while my brother had it. It was a Mossberg ATR-100 30-0-6 with a very pricey Burris Ballistic Compensation scope (forget the exact model). :'(

I've heard many good things about this design - it's on my 'to-buy' list when I'll finally get my license (it'll take approximately 2 years! :eek:).

Interesting: it replaced previous Croatian service pistol (probably Makarov PM) only when it was licensed by Springfield. Before that, it saw only limited usage in Croatian Army.

Well our slow and stupid politicians...

Same situation now with the VHS rifles. They are great, surely among the best assault rifles in the world, but still it seems to take ages until the army is equiped with them

AK-47 w/ MAGPUL MOE Stock, Hogue Pistol Grip, and a Knights Armament Foregrip.

Still debating on which optic to purchase for it, but right now I have my eyes on a EOTech.

20111024111337796.jpg

I'd go with an Eotech on the front there. I always liked that setup. YMMV.

hi guys, im new to TOH, but heres my 338 rouger

i wish we can get guns easily here, but the laws are too strict, even for a rifle, its a headache to get. a hand gun is just as hard, and almost pointless owning as it's not like you can take it hunting etc. with you. lol

unless you're target shooting, the hand guns we can't legally own, and we cannot use guns in self defence situations like a burglar or someone trying to murder you.

38332_132985186741048_100000887014764_158807_4771641_n.jpg

Edited by kyro02

hi guys, im new to TOH, but heres my 338 rouger

i wish we can get guns easily here, but the laws are too strict, even for a rifle, its a headache to get. a hand gun is just as hard, and almost pointless owning as it's not like you can take it hunting etc. with you. lol

unless you're target shooting, the hand guns we can't legally own, and we cannot use guns in self defence situations like a burglar or someone trying to murder you.

We have great self defence laws in South Australia, but unfortunately gun control is very strict.

So beware burglars, I have a mean set of golf clubs!.....

No 28 of 2003—Criminal Law Consolidation (Self Defence) Amendment Act 2003 [1] In July 2003, the Rann Government (SA) introduced laws allowing householders to use "whatever force they deem necessary" when confronted with a home invader. Householders who kill or injure a home invader escape prosecution provided they can prove they had a genuine belief that it was necessary to do so to protect themselves or their family. The law was strongly opposed by then-Director of Public Prosecutions Paul Rofe, QC, and lawyer Marie Shaw, who is now a District Court Judge. [2]