Blake

Which guns do you own

I only have a Ruger P95R and a Ruger 10/22 at the moment. Most of my friends and family are big gun collectors so I just play with their guns. I do have an AK47 on layaway from a friend though... just have to find some work and pay it off.

We own 90 acres of land about 45 minutes away that we use for shooting. If I don't get out once a week to blow something up I get crabby.

I was raised around guns and shooting. Thankfully, Missouri is a great state to be a gun owner. I still need to get off my ass and take my CCW class (to be able to carry concealed handguns).

Guns are illegal where I come from. Toy guns are illegal too.

ouch, that sucks, you have a regime type government thats afraid of civil unrest? where are you from?

I have a 1943 built 91/43 and an M44. Both are tough to close the chamber on a cartridge.

are they still rather new by chance? nagants in arsenal condition are coated with some sticky stuff to keep em from rusting, that makes the action somewhat sticky when they get warm or hot. or its it the weapons fault?

youtube got some vids on that, how to make them unstick and where to polish them to make the action smoother. just search for "mosin nagant" on youtube, you find plenty of interessting stuff there to tune them up with most simple means.

A good long soak in solvent (or even gasoline) can take care of the cosmoline.

My worst case was a Turkish Mauser I had bought. Running the bore pushed out a giant snake of cosmoline -- the entire barrel was packed.

My brothers and I each bought a Yugoslavian SKS. With both of theirs, the firing pin was stuck from the cosmoline. I lucked out. Mine got pretty much cleaned up except for under the rear sight. I can't quite reach it with the cleaner and I can't really soak the entire receiver.

ZF-

i have a nagant revolver i actually bought for my dad...cheap as chips but i could have bathed in the amount of cosmo it came in.

The first rifle i ever owned (as still do) was my Lee Enfield No.4 which was bought back from ww2 by my granfather. Unfortunately someone restocked it back in the 60's so now the damn thing has an ishgapore (sorry for spelling) screw in it. Tried to find the original stock but to no avail. Everything else on the rifle matches and can be traced just a shame about the wood work....anyway back to my point. I have fired thousands of rounds through that thing and i love it but as far as my antique collection goes nothing even comes close to the feel and accuracy of my K98...i hate to say it but those germans really knew what they were doing. The M1 is a beast of a weapon too but i just find the K98 more comfortable to use....still in combat i know which one i would rather have. give me volume of fire any day lol.

ouch, that sucks, you have a regime type government thats afraid of civil unrest? where are you from?

It doesn't suck really. I don't believe people should own guns. Not all of them anyway but where do you draw the line? I personally love guns but I feel it's for the best and it has nothing to do with civil unrest.

I just prefer living in a place where people that suddenly snap, don't have easy access to submachine guns!

I am greek.

It doesn't suck really. I don't believe people should own guns. Not all of them anyway but where do you draw the line? I personally love guns but I feel it's for the best and it has nothing to do with civil unrest.

I just prefer living in a place where people that suddenly snap, don't have easy access to submachine guns!

I am greek.

ermm people in the US don't have easy access to sub machine guns...if you wanted one over here you would need a special license for it.

@Master gamawa

well as greek we saw how fast you guys get unrest...police shoots one young guy and the anarchos go nuts. is the total gun ban from recent years?

i draw the line at legal and illegal guns. if you own guns leagaly and the state knows about it all is fine. if you are a criminal and have illegal weapons in order use it for bad things, its a no go. quiet simple for me.

We have a fair number of legally owned automatic weapons in the US, none of which are used in crimes. Much like all legally owned firearms.

Anyone have any "KEL TEC" guns? I'm looking into the quality of the Sub2000 and maybe a pistol from them. Just not sure if plastic guns will have the same long life as all metal...that and customer satisfaction.

@Master gamawa

well as greek we saw how fast you guys get unrest...police shoots one young guy and the anarchos go nuts. is the total gun ban from recent years?

No, guns were always a no-no here. The only exception is Crete were they are all half-crazy and have guns and kill each other all the time. Guns are illegal there too but the police are too afraid to enforce the law.

ermm people in the US don't have easy access to sub machine guns...if you wanted one over here you would need a special license for it.

Yeah the question is why the hell would you want an smg anyway? Apart from the fact that they are awesome, I mean.

To stay on topic:

If guns were allowed I WOULD own a Walther P99 and probably a G36 variant cause those are sexy as hell!

I believe I have a Sig Sauer P226 stored somewhere... but don't remember where :)

Anyone have any "KEL TEC" guns? I'm looking into the quality of the Sub2000 and maybe a pistol from them. Just not sure if plastic guns will have the same long life as all metal...that and customer satisfaction.

I looked into their bullpup rifle (RFB http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/rfb.htm )which i thought was pretty good. I fired one and it seems pretty robust. As for their other weapons I can't say but i certainly haven't heard any bad reports. In the end i just settled for an AR15 clone. I really want a bullpup rifle that i can configure into a decent long range target rifle but for now that is just a pipe dream.

I believe I have a Sig Sauer P226 stored somewhere... but don't remember where :)

LOL...try under the sofa cushions

Edited by Aeneas2020

Baikal IJ-27 (or is it MP-27 nowdays). Over-under shotgun. It's butt fits perfectly for me. Bit heavy but that makes it good swinger for me. I've had it soon almost year, from which half year i have hunted with it. I just like it.

Mosin-Nagant's bolt, new black plastic stock, new barrel. Shoots averagely around 1 MOA. Decent rifle, with very much enough accuracy for my needs. Haven't had change to shoot any prey with it yet and i've had i just for couple months so there's not really much to tell about it.

Now i'm having Luger PRO NA 1.5-6x50 scope with red dot on my rifle. It's in same level with US scopes and Tasco scopes with it's low-light performance, which isn't very good... Sadly one my main target are fox and other predators which are most active at nights. But i simply can't afford to put over 500€ to one scope (besides rifle cost only 400€). Docter and Meopta were option but sadly models fit for my needs were generally way over 500€. I don't afford to even dream of Zeiss Diavari or any other European top-brand. Damn. :mad:

I looked into their bullpup rifle (RFB http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/rfb.htm )which i thought was pretty good.

---------------

Looks nice, the ejection seems kinda wonky but I could overlook it :) Only wish it could all so use M-14 mags, for some extra redundancy.

Yeh the FAL mag seemed like an odd choice but then again kel-tec have always been a little wacky in their design choices. The ejection system really didnt effect the weapon like i thought it would. I guess shooting from a seated position or if you are in a gallery type range where there are walls, celing and a table directly in the front of the weapon it could cause some interesting results. Although i've been burnt by my fair share of brass being enjected by the guy to my left thousands of times before. Someone correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the FAMAS have a forward ejection system?

No it ejects to the side although it can be configured made to eject to either side. You are probably thinking about the FN F2000 which to my knowledge is the only hand held firearm to eject straight forward.

STGN

I don't believe people should own guns. Not all of them anyway but where do you draw the line? I personally love guns but I feel it's for the best and it has nothing to do with civil unrest.

People that are prone to "snapping" will always find a way to do harm to their fellow man whether or not they are allowed access to weapons, question is, can the sane people (or sheepdogs as myself and many others like to call them) effectively defend themselves, and save themselves or others in the process?

Case and point

rofl!!! @Avon...most likely you have a Uzi under your pillow

tounge_o.gif

the handgun i own is a joke, i "aquired" it when i worked nights in a dodgy bar, when it shoots it goes "POP" ***biggrin_o.gif

its a FN-Baby Browning 6.35

[im]http://chupacabra.no.sapo.pt/babybrown.JPG[/img]

added pic with coins so you can see its size.

Looks like there are alot of those in Portugal :p

The black version is nice too. ;)

Yeah the question is why the hell would you want an smg anyway?

For my mother.

Here are my tools of the trade. I’m not going to post every single gun I own, someone might end up accusing me for preparing coup d'état :D, so I took pictures of my favorites. I’m a huge 1911 fan, there was a time when I had 4 of them. Now I ended up with 1911PD from S&W. 100% reliable and very light (scandium frame), perfect choice for concealed carry. When I can’t conceal fullsize 1911 I go with cz83 (its only 9x17, but its better then PPK which I used before). And the rest on the photo are my two favs. SAA revolver (God I love the sound of that thing) and L1A1 SLR (my all time favorite rifle, G3A3 and HK51 are right behind on the list). Hopefully tomorrow after work I will pick up PPSh41 (DAMN YOU RED ORCHESTRA 2)... and the worst thing? That shop received shipment of FALs from FN... I guess I will have to eat only bread for the rest of the month. How many people have problems like that? That you end up spending all the money for guns you dont need? :p

PCdlo.jpg

pics of my small arsenal

Yugoslavian ak47 (semi-auto only)

aug9th002.jpg

12 gauge FNH TPS

aug9th003.jpg

sig sauger p220

aug9th001.jpg

Edited by Red Oct

sauger

You really wanna call it "sauer", otherwise it translates to "sucker" :D

You really wanna call it "sauer", otherwise it translates to "sucker" :D

hahaha

Guys you have nice stuff there :)

I wish, i could have some too ,but you know EU laws about it :-/

Maybe in the future - i could get some semi-auto M4 :cool:

hahaha

Guys you have nice stuff there :)

I wish, i could have some too ,but you know EU laws about it :-/

Maybe in the future - i could get some semi-auto M4 :cool:

No I don't know EU laws to keep us from having semi auto assault rifles...as least not as long as you are a member of the "german armed forces reserve organisation"... and i guess other european countries have something similar.